17516 Ellen Drive, Livonia, MI 48152 Map · Phone number
  • Photos & Videos 25

About Rare Blend Band

Rare Blend is one of the most popular and requested wedding bands in SE Michigan. This exceptional group of musicians has performed at over 2,000 weddings. By choosing Rare Blend, you will be offering your guests the finest in live music and entertainment. Bring your party to life with Rare Blend!

Follow Rare Blend Band on

8c69e47c62628bcf 1522257079 c42b4f0c64691555 1522257078 9f1a047c2ecfac03 152225

• Videos 17

46 Reviews for Rare Blend Band

Erin · Married on 07/16/2016

This band is incredible! It cannot be emphasized enough, as you will read with other reviews, this band MAKES the party. They are highly professional and trained musicians, and at the same time they know how to get down and have a great time! Their enthusiasm was infectious and had everyone on the dance floor all night, which is just what I was hoping for! We didn’t get to see them live before hiring them like many other reviewers, but the videos on their website are helpful and speaking with Mary, the band’s leader instilled a level of confidence that they can handle just about anything! Seriously the videos on their website don’t do it justice, they ROCKED the house. They put together a perfect mix of classic and new songs that everyone loved. SO many of my guests were coming up to us throughout the night saying “WHERE did you find this band??!!!” We also heard from a lot of people that it was the best wedding they’ve been to in awhile or EVER which is pretty much the coolest thing you can hear on your wedding night. We had guests of all ages and everyone enjoyed themselves, which I know had everything to do with Rare Blend. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU Mary and Rare Blend, you helped make our wedding the party we were hoping for!

Sent on 07/22/2016

Erica · Married on 10/03/2015

Rare Blend is single handedly responsible for the amazing time I had at my wedding. A lot of things went wrong for us that day--our venue was outdoors and not properly heated, guests were freezing, we had 2 power outages, event staff were disorganized and clueless and I was frantic and concerned and not having a good time UNTIL Rare Blend took the stage. They turned it all around. Mary and her band were PROS. They played through a 5 min. power outage with an incredible drum solo, the guitarist had an amazing moment soloing and rocking out with my husband (who was on air guitar haha), the lead vocalist brought down the house SEVERAL TIMES. Every single guest danced at least once, many of us choosing to be out on the dance floor the entire night. And I truly appreciated that they brought their own photographer. It was so cold that I had a sweater on for much of my wedding. The only time my dress was visible was when I was dancing, so I can not WAIT to see photos taken on the dance floor. All of our favorite moments happened there. I had SO many guests tell me it was the best wedding they've ever been to--in a cold tent no less! We are so indebted to Rare Blend for giving us the wedding we hoped we would have. Not to mention the fact that when you hire them Mary will walk you through the entire day so even if event staff fall short and you have no wedding planner she's got you covered. AMAZING EXPERIENCE with this band!

Sent on 10/05/2015

Laurel · Married on 09/12/2015

Rare Blend was the absolute best choice of our wedding! Mary worked with me in the months leading up to the big day in order to ensure that the night was going to go exactly as I pictured. We worked out the timeline, song choices, and she even worked with the reception venue to make sure everyone was on the same page.
    On the day of my mind was so much more preoccupied than I'd have ever imagined, and I don't know how anything would have gotten started/done without Mary. She organized the wedding party entrance, got the toasts going, told the venue we were ready to start cake cutting, and so much more. I would say Mary alone is a great asset on your wedding day!
    But onto the music which is what's really important. I'll start by saying I have never seen a dance floor more full at a wedding. There was never a time throughout the evening that the whole floor wasn't crowded. Even when the band took their breaks, the prerecorded song choices kept everyone on the floor. They played every type of music that we could want, and they played it better than I could have imagined! The majority of our wedding guests were 40+ so we wanted music they'd like, but we also wanted music our friends in their 20s would like. It seemed like no matter what song was being played everyone loved it.There were new pop songs that Rare Blend played that I know many of our older guests wouldn't have danced to if it was just a DJ, but having this caliber of a band just created an energy that made everyone want to stay out there!
    It has been over a month since our wedding and my husband and I, and our parents, still get comments daily from our guests that they've never had so much fun at a wedding. Countless people have said to us that they NEVER dance at weddings, but they were dancing the whole night!
    So take it from me, the person who really didn't care to have a band, that Rare Blend is a must have! They made the wedding into a day that will be unforgettable for everyone, not just us.

Sent on 10/20/2015

Rare Blend Band FAQ

• Are you an agency or a band? Band
  • How many musicians are in your band(s)? 7+
  • What genres of music does (do) your band(s) play? Acoustic, Big Band, Blues, Classic Rock, Country, Dance, Funk, Jazz, Latin, Motown, Oldies, Pop, R&B / Soul, Rock, Swing, Top 40
  • What music services do you provide? Instrumentals, Ceremony Music, Cocktail Hour Music, Learning New Songs, MC, Reception Music, Music During Breaks, Rehearsal Dinner Music, Sample Performances, Vocals, Willing to Travel
  • What items are available? Microphones, Sound/PA System

• Lemus Photography
    Lemus Photography Wedding Photographers

This talented group keeps people on the dance floor. Friendly, professional with an extensive reperetoire. We love photographing receptions when they are playing!

• 17516 Ellen Drive Livonia, 48152 See on map