Arlington, Arlington, VA 22204 Map · Phone number

About Nadia Pessoa

Servicing the greater Washington, D.C. metropolitan area, award-winning professional musician and wedding harpist Nadia Pessoa specializes in wedding music performance. With over 25 years of experience, Nadia has performed for notable politicians and celebrities like Michelle Obama, George W. Bush, Madeleine Albright, Brad Pitt, and Meryl Streep, and has performed with the likes of Lady Gaga, Tony Bennett, Wynonna Judd, and Andy Williams. She has also entertained audiences at such venues as NYC's Lincoln Center, Carnegie Hall, and the Kennedy Center. The consummate professional, Nadia, has developed a reputation for versatility in the wedding industry. She is passionate about customizing her services to meet the needs of any wedding, regardless of size, style, or budget.

Nadia provides a free pre-wedding consultation for all of her clients to help determine your wedding music vision. Whether your taste tends toward classical or pop and contemporary, Nadia will create an unique and memorable musical program for your wedding day. She will happily learn new songs - even if you lack a song’s musical composition, Nadia can arrange a harp version of the song by ear. For couples interested in a musical ensemble, Nadia can also arrange for a vocal soloist or a trio performance, including either the violin, cello, flute, or harp.

flute
2941 Restaurant
2941 Restaurant
Annapolis Yacht Club, photo by David Stuck
Annapolis Yacht Club, photo by David Stuck
With newlyweds Stephanie and Stephen H. at Oxon Hill Manor, August 30, 2009.
With newlyweds Stephanie and Stephen H. at Oxon Hill Manor, August 30, 2009.
American Organization of States
American Organization of States
The Inn at Little Washington
The Inn at Little Washington
St. Bernard's Chapel on Snowshoe Mountain, WV
St. Bernard's Chapel on Snowshoe Mountain, WV
Beautiful outdoor ceremony at Newton White Mansion, June 2012.
Beautiful outdoor ceremony at Newton White Mansion, June 2012.
At the Newton White Mansion in Maryland.
At the Newton White Mansion in Maryland.
Photo by David Lienemann
Photo by David Lienemann
Nadia Pessoa - Harpist
Performing at a luncheon for Dr. Jill Biden, September 2009.
Performing at a luncheon for Dr. Jill Biden, September 2009.
Ceremony at St. Bernard's Chapel, Snowshoe, WV. Photo by Montage Bridal.
Ceremony at St. Bernard's Chapel, Snowshoe, WV. Photo by Montage Bridal.
Outdoor ceremony at the Inn at Canal Square in Lewes, Delaware.
Outdoor ceremony at the Inn at Canal Square in Lewes, Delaware.
Andrew Mellon Auditorium
Andrew Mellon Auditorium
flute

66 Reviews for Nadia Pessoa

1 User photo

Nadia Pessoa 1

Brett Latham · Married on 07/20/2019

Nadia Pessoa is and extraordinarily talented Master HARPIST. Kind & Very Professional

Nadia Pessoa is INCREDIBLE! She is insanely talented, humble, affable, hard-working and considerate. She is the consummate professional, and will work to make your big day a memorable one. She is a genius harpist. Nadia's rates were very reasonable.

My wife and I enjoyed her performance immensely! She was absolutely amazing. Her collaboration with our reverend was pure genius. We found it particularly moving.

Our guests cannot stop raving about her. Our parents were totally thrilled by her performance! My grandmother commented that she was not aware that music emanating from a harp could be so beautiful, powerful, and vibrant. We only wish that we could have remained in 'the chapel' for more of her performance. We were quickly whisked away (by design) following the ceremony, so as to maximize our time with the photographer, while most our guests remained in our makeshift chapel, and were treated to her full performance!

Nadia made our wedding ceremony a wonderful and memorable event. We cannot say enough good things about her, or recommend her more highly! Working with her was an absolute delight. We would love to collaborate with her again, in the very near future!

Sincerely,

Brett & Hannah Latham

Sent on 07/30/2019

Abigail · Married on 04/27/2019

Excellent!

Planning a wedding is difficult. Nadia was one of my favorite vendors to work with. It was quite simple really. She responded to emails in a timely manner, she was professional, she offered thoughtful suggestions based on my tastes, and on the day of the wedding, she did exactly what I asked her to do. Not to mention, she is talented and plays the harp beautifully. At the end of the cocktail hour, I hadn't had time to make my way over to her, but she approached me gracefully and tactfully right before the reception to thank me for having her and I really appreciated getting a chance to speak to her. Nadia's a gem, and I definitely recommend her.

Sent on 04/30/2019

Liz · Married on 09/23/2018

110% would recommend!

I truly doubt you will find a better harpist for your wedding. Not only is her playing artful and beautiful, but Nadia is amazing to work with. While I knew the vibe I wanted for live music, I was lost on some of the more precise details - Nadia keyed right into what I wanted and gave me thoughtful options for each part of ceremony that helped me narrow in on exactly what my husband and I were looking for. Collaborating with her was a dream: some vendors would stomp all over my ideas, or try to tell me what I wanted instead of listening, but Nadia worked with me by advising me with her experience and addressing my concerns with respect. The musical choices that we made together really polished the ceremony and enhanced the mood incredibly. I would highly recommend Nadia!

Sent on 11/12/2018

Nadia Pessoa FAQ

• What is the starting price for wedding ceremony music? $ 400.00
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package? $ 500.00
  • Which of the following are included in the price of your most popular wedding package? Ceremony Music, Cocktail Hour Music, Learn New Songs
  • What ceremony music arrangements can you provide? Instrumental - Solo, Instrumental - Duo, Instrumental - Trio, String - Trio, Soloist / Vocalist
  • How many musicians are in your band(s)? 1 - 3
  • What instruments does your group play? Cello, Flute, Harp, Trumpet, Viola, Violin
  • What services do you provide? Ceremony Music, Cocktail Hour Music, Learn New Songs, Liability Insurance, Reception Music, Rehearsal Dinner Music

• Jewish Heart and Soul—Rabbi-Cantor Annie Bornstein
    Jewish Heart and Soul—Rabbi-Cantor Annie Bornstein Wedding Officiants

Beautiful, elegant, soft music.....

• Aribella Events
    Aribella Events Wedding Planners

One of my favorite musicians, hands down! Nadia was an absolute pleasure to work with, read the crowd well, played beautifully - couldn't recommend her highly enough!

• Aribella Events