Melissa Tardiff Dvorak, Harpist

Falls Church, VA View map Visit website
2022 Couples' Choice Awards Winner

2022 Couples' Choice Awards Winner
$450 Most Popular Price

Melissa Tardiff Dvorak, Harpist is an outstanding active professional free lance harpist in Metro Washington DC. She enjoys playing a variety of musical genres, from Bach to the Beatles to Beyonce and everything in between. Melissa travels all over the Greater Washington, D.C. area providing sophisticated music for your big day. Melissa Tardiff Dvorak, Harpist can’t wait to provide an unforgettable experience for you and your guests.

Experience
This experienced harpist performs frequently at the Kennedy Center, Meyerhoff Symphony Hall, The Ritz Carlton, Strathmore Music Center, The Mellon Auditorium and many more notable locations. Melissa was honored to be the featured harpist for the 55th Presidential Inauguration, and when Pope Francis visited the US in 2015. She has the distinct honor to have performed for every living President and has also performed for many visiting dignitaries and royalty. Melissa holds both a Bachelor and Master of Music degree in Harp Performance from the Peabody Conservatory of Music.

Melissa offers multiple wedding packages to choose between. Her most popular package includes ceremony music, cocktail hour music and willingness to learn new songs. While she is classically trained, she’s happy to perform jazz, pop and other contemporary music. She’s available as a soloist, or as a duo, trio or with other ensembles. Additional services include:

• Rehearsal dinner
  • Micro Weddings
  • Elopement Ceremonies
  • Reception
  • Liability insurance
  • Woman-owned

What is the starting price for wedding ceremony music?

$350

What is the price of your most popular wedding package?

$450

Ceremony Music
Cocktail Hour Music
Learn New Songs

What ceremony music arrangements can you provide?

Instrumental - Solo
Instrumental - Duo
Instrumental - Trio
String - Trio

How many musicians are in your band(s)?

1 - 3
4 - 6

What instruments does your group play?

Cello
Flute
Harp
Viola
Violin

What services do you provide?

Ceremony Music
Rehearsal Dinner Music

• Ashley
    Ashley S. Married on 10/30/2021

Perfect Atmosphere for Our Wedding

We hired both Melissa and Christine for the harp and cello duet for both our ceremony and cocktail hour. Their music set such a beautifully romantic setting for our ceremony and created a perfect atmosphere for our cocktail hour- I have received countless compliments from our guests.

Both events were outdoors and I could hear them perfectly from the holding area during the ceremony, which was probably about 50 yards away.

I am so thrilled that we hired Melissa and Christine for our wedding - I don't think recorded audio could have come close to creating the same atmosphere they did for us.

I would recommend asking your venue for some amplified audio or a very central location for the performers during an outdoor cocktail hour though since the chatter from our guests had gotten pretty loud by the time we arrived. I did not find that additional audio amplification was needed for the outdoor ceremony though
    Joshua F. Married on 10/16/2021

Fabulous Harpist

Melissa's elegant solo harp performance filled our venue perfectly, providing great character to our ceremony. Throughout the months leading up to the wedding day, Melissa remained responsive, courteous, accommodating (she learned a new song for us!) and professional. We highly recommend her.
  • Brienna
    Brienna D. Married on 10/10/2021

Beautiful and Unique

Melissa was above and beyond wonderful. So many harpists we messaged acted like we were beneath them for wanting modern songs played. Melissa specializes in them and was a gem to work with from start to finish. She brought our whole whimsical vision together.
    On wedding day, the second I walked outside and heard the harp in a distance playing the Princess Bride theme, I lost my composure and started crying. Hearing that beautiful harp made the moment I had been dreaming of since I was a little girl very real. Every time I hear a harp now, I’ll be transported to wedding day and smile to myself. But no one could play as beautifully as Melissa! Book her!

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2022 Winner

Real Weddings

• Brienna & Lynn
    53 photos · 10/10/2021

Bright Occasions Bright Occasions Wedding Planners

Melissa is a true talent! Her beautiful harp music will enhance your wedding or special event. If you are looking for someone experienced, talented and professional look no further!

Capital Ceremonies Capital Ceremonies Wedding Officiants

Melissa is a real pleasure to work with. She makes beautiful music. She arrives early and is always prepared to give each couple the program they planned with energy and joy. She always seems happy to be playing. I know everytime I see her that the wedding ceremony music will go smoothly and beautifully.

7207 Idylwood Ct Falls Church, VA, 22043
2022622613
Location of (Melissa Tardiff Dvorak, Harpist)

Other vendors in Washington DC for your wedding