Melissa Tardiff Dvorak, Harpist Reviews

122 | Falls Church, VA

122 Reviews for Melissa Tardiff Dvorak, Harpist

Jordan Wagner · Getting married on 07/09/2021

Gorgeous music and very flexible

I would highly recommend Melissa to other brides! She was very prompt and extremely kind in all of her emails to me, went above and beyond, and was very flexible to our situation. Her music is gorgeous and I'd recommend her to anyone else looking in the D.C. area. Thanks again, Melissa!

Sent on 03/24/2020
  • Will

Will Park · Married on 12/05/2020

Beautiful music!

Melissa was very professional and great to work with! We hired her to play for our wedding ceremony and cocktail hour along with a cellist. The music was beautiful! She was receptive to our requests and filled the remainder of the time with their own fitting choices. My spouse and I are musicians who have played weddings in the past and were very pleased with their performance. Thank you!

Sent on 05/31/2019
  • Michele

Michele Hutchinson · Married on 11/10/2020

Talented harpist

Melissa was accommodating & helpful throughout the planning process, and independent during the ceremony. She coordinated well with the officiant. Her instrumental harp repertoire was just lovely and added so much character to the ceremony, itself. I wish we had asked her to play throughout the dinner portion of the reception.

Sent on 10/23/2019
  • Chris

Chris F · Married on 10/10/2020

Classy & Memorable!

After finding Melissa on Weddingwire, we also received a recommendation from a family friend that she was the best. Melissa did not disappoint!
    We decided to go with the Harp and Violin duo. Melissa was very responsive and had a huge selection of music of varying genres!
    My husband is a huge blink182 fan, so we asked if Melissa (Harpist) and Emily (Violinist) could play blink182's "I'm Lost Without You". After providing them with sheet music, they learned it and played it perfectly! (Even multiple times at the request of my husband! :) We received lots of comments from our wedding guests about how lovely the prelude music was. Melissa and Emily really added the perfect touch to our wedding ceremony! Also, considering COVID, they took all the necessary safety precautions to protect themselves as well as our guests. Thank you, Melissa and Emily!!

Sent on 10/27/2020

Alexander Tonnacliff · Married on 09/26/2020

Amazing Ceremony/Cocktail Hour Music

Melissa was absolutely amazing! Everything was perfect on our wedding day, and Melissa was so easy to work with every step of the way. She was able to accommodate our schedule changes and planning the songs for our wedding day was so easy. We chose the harp and violin combination for our outdoor wedding and it could not have been better. Do yourself a favor and book Melissa for your wedding or special event!

Sent on 09/29/2020
  • Britany

Britany Higdon · Married on 09/26/2020

Beautiful Ceremony Music

The music for our ceremony was beautiful because of Melissa, it made our day so much more special! Melissa also played during our cocktail hour, and it set the mood perfectly for the evening. I would highly suggest booking Melissa, the live music, especially the Harp, made the walk down the aisle so much more stunning!

Sent on 10/13/2020

Anonymous Bride In Dc · Married on 09/08/2020

Talented and Professional

Melissa was a pleasure to work with, and she is amazingly talented and will create the perfect ambiance for your wedding! We couldn't have hoped for a better experience. She provides great value in comparison to other harpists I contacted and her musical accompaniment was one of my favorite parts of our wedding. Book her! :) Thanks, Melissa!

Sent on 08/14/2020

Jessica Brookman · Married on 09/06/2020

Best Harpist Ever!

Melissa was very responsive and understanding during the tough time we had when we were changing almost everything for our wedding. She was flexible and reliable, and her playing was absolutely beautiful!

Sent on 09/29/2020

Shannon Fleming · Married on 08/07/2020

Fantastic Harpist and Wonderful Experience

Melissa was punctual and professional. She was very accommodating with covid changes and performed beautifully! She followed my requests and offered suggestions when we were planning over email before the wedding. Highly recommend!

Sent on 08/22/2020
  • Karen

Karen Mcmurdie · Married on 06/20/2020

Beautiful harp music

Melissa was very responsive from the very beginning, answering all my questions quickly before I even booked her. She helped figure out timing and and how many songs we would need to choose plus she learned a custom piece for our wedding which was absolutely perfect. All the music was absolutely beautiful and our guests really enjoyed the live harp. Melissa was super accommodating with the whole covid situation and having to reschedule our wedding. I definitely recommend her to anyone looking for live harp music for any event.

Sent on 10/07/2020

Dina Younan · Married on 05/02/2020

Highly recommend Melissa.

I highly recommend Melissa to other brides to be . Amazing communication. She's very kind and responsive. Not to mention, listening to her music is soul soothing . Amazing variety to choose from for ceremony and cocktail hour. Beautiful music. I'd definitely work with Melissa again for any future events and recommend her to my friends, family and future brides. She is very easy to work and makes the process very smoothing during wedding planning . THANK YOU MELISSA.

Sent on 03/31/2020

Amanda Lewis · Married on 05/02/2020

Excellent experience - great music and easy to work with

We loved working with Melissa! So professional and easy to work with. Her music is absolutely beautiful.

Sent on 10/26/2020
  • Jasmine

Jasmine Fontaine · Married on 02/02/2020

Amazing work

She was able to incorporate my theme in the music, guest love it.

Sent on 02/10/2020
  • Emma

Emma · Married on 07/11/2019

FANTASTIC-most talked about among our guest

Melissa and Sonya (Violinist) were fantastic! They were the highlight of my ceremony and cocktail hour. As the bride I didn’t get to enjoy them as much as my guest but they were able to hang around a little over their time to let me wind down and relax and appreciate them for awhile. I would definitely recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 07/14/2019
  • Helen

Helen · Married on 07/05/2019

Whimsical wedding

Not only was the music beautiful but the harp itself looked stunning at my whimsical courtyard wedding ceremony. It was the perfect touch and Melissa did not disappoint!

Sent on 07/09/2019
  • Christina

Christina Laud · Married on 06/15/2019

Harpist and cellist

We had Melissa, as well as a cellist, for our intimate wedding ceremony and cocktail hour. It was beautiful and the guests loved it! Melissa was very easy to work with, knew what we wanted, and accommodated everything very easily. Highly recommend her!

Sent on 07/28/2019

Shannon Wilson · Married on 05/18/2019

Beautiful Music

Melissa played at my wedding and my husband's and guests haven't stopped raving about her! She is very talented and professional! I would definitely recommend her!

Sent on 05/27/2019

Brianna · Married on 05/18/2019

Beautiful ceremony music!

I wanted something a little different, and classic for my wedding ceremony. My mom found Melissa and she was amazing! About a week before my wedding I scoured her website looking for songs to use during my ceremony and was blow away by her selection! There were so many options in all different genres. I ended up selecting "Perfect" by Ed Sheeran for the bridesmaid and family processional, "Can't Help Falling in Love" for the bride processional, and "Here Comes the Sun" for the recessional. To be honest, I was so distracted by everything leading up to the ceremony that it wasn't until I got to the aisle that I heard the music and it was beautiful! She played everything perfectly, showed up on time, and we received tons of compliments on her. I definitely recommend going with Melissa and her harp for your ceremony music!

Sent on 06/12/2019

Shannon Wilson · Married on 05/18/2019

Beautiful Music

Melissa is an amazing harpist that brought the perfect touch to my outdoor May wedding!

Sent on 08/01/2019
  • Jocelyne

Jocelyne Pizarro · Married on 05/04/2019

Wedding Harp and Violin duo

From day one, Melissa was exceptional! A true artist and professional from the heart; she will play for you as she is playing for one of her loved ones. Her harp is magic!
    She made our wedding day extra special, our guests loved it! Our families loved it! She even played a few classic Star Wars songs for us at our request, being that our wedding was on Star Wars Day. It shows the diversity in her repertoire and ability with the harp.
    My husband and I will forever remember how she played Here Comes The Bride in the most beautiful way. I will treasure it forever! I highly recommend hiring her for your special day.
    Thank you so much Melissa for your music! May the 4th be with you! :)

Susan/meg Rathbun · Married on 04/27/2019

Melissa Tardiff Dvorak

If you are looking for a harpist or harp ensemble for your event, I highly recommend Melissa Tardiff Dvorak. When you hire Melissa, you have no worries. She is a true professional from start to finish. Melissa has a wide repertoire and additionally, she is willing to learn new pieces of music for your event. Most importantly, she plays beautifully! Melissa played with a violinist and cellist at my daughter's wedding, and it was the best decision we made for the wedding. The music was amazing and all of our guests raved about it!

• Kayla

Kayla · Married on 04/26/2019

Beautiful ceremony!

Melissa was incredibly responsive, professional and a joy to work with. My husband and I also had a lot of ideas how we wanted to incorporate a recording of my husbands grandfather into the ceremony and she was open to ideas, gave great suggestions and made our ceremony a dream come true. The harp was played absolutely beautifully and she was such a compliment to the ceremony. Thanks Melissa for being a part of our special day! I cannot recommend her enough!

Sent on 07/08/2019
  • Amy

Amy Vanderhoof · Married on 04/20/2019

Great wedding harpist!

Melissa played at our wedding ceremony and cocktail hour She was fabulous! She has a wide repertoire and can really play anything you want (we had her play Disney, Beatles, and contemporary). She was easy to work and communicate with, affordable and professional. I would definitely recommend her for any wedding ceremony.

Jessica · Married on 10/06/2018

My husband and I couldn't have been happier that we worked with Melissa on our recent wedding. Melissa was responsive, flexible, and all of our guests really enjoyed the harp. We felt that the harp was an extraordinary addition to our cocktail hour and ceremony. We were also extremely appreciative that Melissa worked with one of our family members to perform a song together. It enhanced our ceremony experience and was very special. Couldn't recommend her more! Thank you Melissa for everything!

Sent on 10/09/2018

Adam · Married on 10/06/2018

She was amazing! She worked with us to ensure that the music matched the ceremony and was a highlight of our reception.

Sent on 10/09/2018