Melissa Tardiff Dvorak, Harpist Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

• Ashley
    Ashley S. Married on 10/30/2021

Perfect Atmosphere for Our Wedding

We hired both Melissa and Christine for the harp and cello duet for both our ceremony and cocktail hour. Their music set such a beautifully romantic setting for our ceremony and created a perfect atmosphere for our cocktail hour- I have received countless compliments from our guests.

Both events were outdoors and I could hear them perfectly from the holding area during the ceremony, which was probably about 50 yards away.

I am so thrilled that we hired Melissa and Christine for our wedding - I don't think recorded audio could have come close to creating the same atmosphere they did for us.

I would recommend asking your venue for some amplified audio or a very central location for the performers during an outdoor cocktail hour though since the chatter from our guests had gotten pretty loud by the time we arrived. I did not find that additional audio amplification was needed for the outdoor ceremony though
    Joshua F. Married on 10/16/2021

Fabulous Harpist

Melissa's elegant solo harp performance filled our venue perfectly, providing great character to our ceremony. Throughout the months leading up to the wedding day, Melissa remained responsive, courteous, accommodating (she learned a new song for us!) and professional. We highly recommend her.
  • Brienna
    Brienna D. Married on 10/10/2021

Beautiful and Unique

Melissa was above and beyond wonderful. So many harpists we messaged acted like we were beneath them for wanting modern songs played. Melissa specializes in them and was a gem to work with from start to finish. She brought our whole whimsical vision together.
    On wedding day, the second I walked outside and heard the harp in a distance playing the Princess Bride theme, I lost my composure and started crying. Hearing that beautiful harp made the moment I had been dreaming of since I was a little girl very real. Every time I hear a harp now, I’ll be transported to wedding day and smile to myself. But no one could play as beautifully as Melissa! Book her!
  • Ileana
    Ileana Married on 10/02/2021

Simply magical and so elegant

Harp + Violin elevate any event-- when they are your wedding ceremony and cocktail hour entertainment, they transform the mood in the space to *magical*. I'm so happy Melissa and her violinist, Emily were on our vendor team. Melissa was flexible during our covid reschedule, and I'm just so thrilled she was able to do our wedding. She played all the songs on my request list, including lots of contemporary songs that are near and dear to my heart. She was extremely responsive, easy to work with, and the music was just beautiful, we got so many compliments. Thank you Melissa for being a part of our special day!
    Elizabeth D. Married on 09/25/2021

Harp and cello for cocktail hour and dinner

We originally had hired Melissa to play for our Sept 2020 wedding. Unfortunately, like many other couples, we ended up rescheduling for a year later. Melissa was understanding and responsive while we figured out our new plan. On the day of, the music was perfect. We had a somewhat involved request that involved processing into dinner and continuing right into our first dance and she handled it amazingly. I would absolutely recommend Melissa to any couple in the DC area. who's looking for a harpist to play at their wedding.
  • Quynh-Nhu
    Quynh N. Married on 09/04/2021

Beautiful Harp Music for our Ceremony

Melissa was easy to work with, responsive, and very musically talented. There are plenty of samples on her website to hear her playing and she was both flexible with song selection and helpful in crafting a playlist for our entire ceremony. Everything went perfectly on the day of!
    Jordan W. Married on 07/09/2021

Gorgeous music and very flexible

I would highly recommend Melissa to other brides! She was very prompt and extremely kind in all of her emails to me, went above and beyond, and was very flexible to our situation. Her music is gorgeous and I'd recommend her to anyone else looking in the D.C. area. Thanks again, Melissa!
  • Will
    Will P. Married on 12/05/2020

Beautiful music!

Melissa was very professional and great to work with! We hired her to play for our wedding ceremony and cocktail hour along with a cellist. The music was beautiful! She was receptive to our requests and filled the remainder of the time with their own fitting choices. My spouse and I are musicians who have played weddings in the past and were very pleased with their performance. Thank you!
  • Michele
    Michele H. Married on 11/10/2020

Talented harpist

Melissa was accommodating & helpful throughout the planning process, and independent during the ceremony. She coordinated well with the officiant. Her instrumental harp repertoire was just lovely and added so much character to the ceremony, itself. I wish we had asked her to play throughout the dinner portion of the reception.
  • Chris
    Chris Married on 10/10/2020

Classy & Memorable!

After finding Melissa on Weddingwire, we also received a recommendation from a family friend that she was the best. Melissa did not disappoint!
    We decided to go with the Harp and Violin duo. Melissa was very responsive and had a huge selection of music of varying genres!
    My husband is a huge blink182 fan, so we asked if Melissa (Harpist) and Emily (Violinist) could play blink182's "I'm Lost Without You". After providing them with sheet music, they learned it and played it perfectly! (Even multiple times at the request of my husband! :) We received lots of comments from our wedding guests about how lovely the prelude music was. Melissa and Emily really added the perfect touch to our wedding ceremony! Also, considering COVID, they took all the necessary safety precautions to protect themselves as well as our guests. Thank you, Melissa and Emily!!
    Kimberley N. Married on 09/26/2020

Wedding harpist

Melissa was one of the easiest vendors I dealt with for my wedding. She made everything super easy and smooth and was very flexible with all my date and location changes through the pandemic. On the day of she did exactly what I imagined and asked for and of course her music was lovely!!!
  • Britany
    Britany H. Married on 09/26/2020

Beautiful Ceremony Music

The music for our ceremony was beautiful because of Melissa, it made our day so much more special! Melissa also played during our cocktail hour, and it set the mood perfectly for the evening. I would highly suggest booking Melissa, the live music, especially the Harp, made the walk down the aisle so much more stunning!
    Alexander T. Married on 09/26/2020

Amazing Ceremony/Cocktail Hour Music

Melissa was absolutely amazing! Everything was perfect on our wedding day, and Melissa was so easy to work with every step of the way. She was able to accommodate our schedule changes and planning the songs for our wedding day was so easy. We chose the harp and violin combination for our outdoor wedding and it could not have been better. Do yourself a favor and book Melissa for your wedding or special event!
    Anonymous B. Married on 09/08/2020

Talented and Professional

Melissa was a pleasure to work with, and she is amazingly talented and will create the perfect ambiance for your wedding! We couldn't have hoped for a better experience. She provides great value in comparison to other harpists I contacted and her musical accompaniment was one of my favorite parts of our wedding. Book her! :) Thanks, Melissa!
    Jessica B. Married on 09/06/2020

Best Harpist Ever!

Melissa was very responsive and understanding during the tough time we had when we were changing almost everything for our wedding. She was flexible and reliable, and her playing was absolutely beautiful!
  • Caitlyn Delahaba
    Caitlyn D. Married on 08/14/2020

Book Melissa - She was perfect!

Melissa was fantastic! She was responsive, helpful, on time, and played every song we asked for. Even when we had to change our date due to Covid, she was willing to do whatever we needed to make things work. Highly recommend her if you want a beautiful, romantic sound for your wedding ceremony. Thank you, Melissa!
  • Shannon
    Shannon F. Married on 08/07/2020

Fantastic Harpist and Wonderful Experience

Melissa was punctual and professional. She was very accommodating with covid changes and performed beautifully! She followed my requests and offered suggestions when we were planning over email before the wedding. Highly recommend!
  • Karen
    Karen M. Married on 06/20/2020

Beautiful harp music

Melissa was very responsive from the very beginning, answering all my questions quickly before I even booked her. She helped figure out timing and and how many songs we would need to choose plus she learned a custom piece for our wedding which was absolutely perfect. All the music was absolutely beautiful and our guests really enjoyed the live harp. Melissa was super accommodating with the whole covid situation and having to reschedule our wedding. I definitely recommend her to anyone looking for live harp music for any event.
  • Laura
    Laura M. Married on 05/30/2020

Amazing in all ways

Melissa is professional, talented, flexible and reliable. Our wedding switched due to covid and then we had to modify plans again due to rain and chill, and she was flawless! She played a mix of music that our guests loved and it was a treat to hear her.
    Amanda L. Married on 05/02/2020

Excellent experience - great music and easy to work with

We loved working with Melissa! So professional and easy to work with. Her music is absolutely beautiful.
    Dina Y. Married on 05/02/2020

Highly recommend Melissa.

I highly recommend Melissa to other brides to be . Amazing communication. She's very kind and responsive. Not to mention, listening to her music is soul soothing . Amazing variety to choose from for ceremony and cocktail hour. Beautiful music. I'd definitely work with Melissa again for any future events and recommend her to my friends, family and future brides. She is very easy to work and makes the process very smoothing during wedding planning . THANK YOU MELISSA.
  • Jasmine
    Jasmine F. Married on 02/02/2020

Amazing work

She was able to incorporate my theme in the music, guest love it.
  • Emma
    Emma Married on 07/11/2019

FANTASTIC-most talked about among our guest

Melissa and Sonya (Violinist) were fantastic! They were the highlight of my ceremony and cocktail hour. As the bride I didn’t get to enjoy them as much as my guest but they were able to hang around a little over their time to let me wind down and relax and appreciate them for awhile. I would definitely recommend them to anyone!
  • Helen
    Helen Married on 07/05/2019

Whimsical wedding

Not only was the music beautiful but the harp itself looked stunning at my whimsical courtyard wedding ceremony. It was the perfect touch and Melissa did not disappoint!
  • Christina
    Christina L. Married on 06/15/2019

Harpist and cellist

We had Melissa, as well as a cellist, for our intimate wedding ceremony and cocktail hour. It was beautiful and the guests loved it! Melissa was very easy to work with, knew what we wanted, and accommodated everything very easily. Highly recommend her!