Michelle Damas Photography

Michelle Damas Photography

Nearby Vendors to Consider

About Michelle Damas Photography

San Francisco, CA | (650) 691-8464

My passion is the visual arts. I’ve studied art for many years and created art through painting and drawing. Then I discovered my love for photography! I love using a documentary and artistic style to retell people’s stories and those unique moments around me.

People often say my images convey real emotion as well as the experience of truly being there. Images from your wedding should evoke the same experiences and emotions every time you look at them.  Photography is more than just a job to me it’s an art form.  My goal is to capture your story with beauty and style.  I tend to work on other photography projects or spend my time documenting the world around me when I travel.

When I’m not photographing I’m busy teaching my cat new tricks, riding my vespa, eating frozen yogurt, and going to San Francisco with my husband.

Send me an email, I’d love to hear from you!

My Services Include:

Categories: Wedding Photographer

Regions serviced: San Francisco

Follow Michelle Damas Photography on

8 Reviews for Michelle Damas Photography

Michelle photographed our engagement (tea) ceremony. We were so pleased with the results, we also hired her for our wedding. Our experience was similar, if not better than the previous reviews here have indicated. Based on our extremely positive experience, we have no reservations recommending Michelle for any special occasion.
Experienced: Michelle is skilled and creative. Look at her portfolio - the quality speaks for itself.
Professional: She’s very detail-oriented; asking questions we didn’t even consider (which is great because there’s too much to deal with during the event). She’s also punctual and efficient. She familiarizes herself with the venues (we had 4 total). Because she knew the layout beforehand, we were able to optimize our time with her.
Motivated: From working with her, it’s clear that she is hard-working and passionate about her craft. This enthusiasm is also reflected in her portfolio.
Likeable: Working with Michelle is awesome. During and after both sessions (and even now), I’m trying to think of occasions to hire her. She has excellent communication skills. She provides clear direction for all the family members for our legacy picture and does a great job putting everyone at easy (which makes for even better looking pictures!).
Affordable: We spoke to multiple photographers and Michelle had numerous photo package options. We had 4 venues over 2 days, and Michelle’s pricing was a perfect fit for our needs.
TLDR: Best photography experience, EVER. Look at her portfolio. If you like her work, hire her. If you don’t, you’re a bad person and you should feel bad.

Profile Picture TH, 5/2/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Michelle was the photographer for our wedding this past August and we couldn't be happier with our choice. Throughout the entire process, Michelle was beyond professional, responding promptly to all emails, always accommodating of our schedule, and making sure to show up early for photo sessions and scope out the scenes before my husband and I arrived.

But perhaps more importantly, Michelle was also incredibly friendly and fun to work with at the same time. My husband and I are both generally low-key people and the idea of the spotlight on us was definitely a bit weird for us. As such, having a photographer that we felt comfortable with was very important to us and Michelle fit the bill perfectly. Whether intended or not, Michelle's got a very relaxed and calm way about her that put my husband and I at ease for our portrait shots (well about at ease as we could possibly be when being the subject of hundreds of non-stop photos :) ). And as for the candids, it might've been because I was focused on other things during the actual wedding, but I never really noticed Michelle in our faces or following us around too much at the wedding; she somehow managed to fly below the radar yet still capture all the candid moments from the day that I would've wanted.

As for the photos themselves, I really can't claim to know anything about the technical aspects of photography, but I can confidently say that my husband and I loved how the photos turned out and we received many comments from friends and family who we shared our photos with that they were amazing. Seriously, if you are still reading this, you really should have no doubt that you are in good hands with Michelle.

Profile Picture Sally, 8/31/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography

I can’t imagine a better wedding photographer than Michelle. The relationship that we had with Michelle was the longest lasting and closest relationship than any other relationship that we had with a wedding vendor. So my advice is to choose your wedding photographer wisely, not just for the quality of photos that they take but for their work ethic and personality.

We weren’t planning on doing an engagement session, but it was included in our package. Michelle made us feel so comfortable – it actually just felt like we were hanging out with her for a few hours and that she just so happened to be taking pictures of us. And, when you get the photos, you’ll be confident that your wedding photos are going to be gorgeous.

Throughout wedding planning, I sent Michelle many emails to get her advice on the timeline and what would photograph well. She was always very responsive and willing to help. My fiancé and I were having some difficulty getting the timeline short enough to have Michelle there for all of the big moments. But when we talked to Michelle, she was more than happy to accommodate.

On the day of the wedding Michelle arrived on time and was ready to get started right away. We were running behind and she took some detail photos while she waited for us. Since we were running behind, the time for our first look photos was quite minimal, but Michelle did not seem rushed and she got some really great photos.

Michelle put out a laptop at the reception to display some of the photos that were taken earlier that day. She also posted some online later that night and through the week following. She didn’t take long to edit the entire batch of photos – I think it was a few weeks. We even asked that she edit a mistake out of one of the photos of our cake and she did so without hesitation.

I would not hesitate to recommend Michelle to my closes friends and family for their weddings and special events. I will definitely be hitting her up for future family photos.

Profile Picture Jamie, 8/10/13, 1 Review