600 Sweden Rd, Bridgton, ME 04009 Map · Phone number

Matthew Spofford/DJ

White Mountain Productions

Weddings, Corporate Events, Parties, Special Occasions

Congratulations

For over ten years, I have been the desirable DJ in the Mount Washington Valley and Western Maine area. My music knowledge, appreciation and passion that I bring to every event are a few of the reasons why. I am an exceptional communicator, which allows me to "read the crowd" and emcee the nights festivities. I am here to share in your day, not to be the center of attention. A Successful wedding is a collaboration, and takes frequent communication to achieve a vision. Your family and friends will see the difference!

I host most weddings by playing the music you, your family and guests want - not the music I want. I take any and all the songs you enjoy and that is what I play; along with the requests from you guests. I am here to share in your day, not to be the center of attention. Most DJ's get too verbal at weddings, that is because they are uncomfortable and cannot make a connection with your guests. I have the ability to speak when needed, but if everyone is dancing and having a good time - why do I need to run my mouth!

One of the reasons you hire a professional is to provide music planning, set the pace of the wedding and to keep the focus on you and your guests. I always get a few calls late in the season from couples who were going to have “a friend of a friend” DJ their wedding and they backed out at the last minute.

It is tempting - but having a professional who is practiced and focused on your day allows you and your fiancé to really enjoy your first day as husband and wife. Every wedding is unique as the couples getting married. This customized approach means I am skilled at playing your songs at the right time! Weddings are a collaborative event, and there is much communication between you, your fiancé, parents and your DJ.

Music

I travel with an extensive library, over 25,000 songs, readily available at a moments notice. I also have two iPods that help me out during the night. This allows flexibility, backup, and the advantage of letting a guests Smartphone seamlessly connect to my system. I have most genres to accommodate any direction the night may lead and can tell you in a moments notice what I have or do not have. A wonderful way to make sure you hear your special song at the right time. Unlike many dj services, someone is playing songs from someone else’s library; essentially it is not their music. And of course given proper time I can get most songs that you may need. All I ask for are your favorite songs so I can I play the music you and your guests want to hear, and not what the DJ wants to hear. This may sound like an obvious statement, many DJ’s today only play what they like to listen to. Every wedding or special occasion you can count on me to provide: professional equipment for accurate sound as well as reliability, small footprint allowing me to perform in tight spaces, my expertise in many years of performing, as well as a positive attitude I bring to every event.

Your Special Day

There are many ways to provide you with the best experience possible on your wedding day. For instance, I can provide sound to multiple rooms. This works particularly well for some older function establishments that have multiple seating areas. No one has to be left out. Having a ceremony and a reception in different locations? In my possession are two P.A. systems allowing set up for sound in two different areas. I also use two wireless microphones to allow for flexibility in the most situations, allowing a comfortable way to address the guests. I have highly regarded equipment, the same type used by many touring DJ’s that rely on professional products for everyday use. I have two Mackie DLM 12 2000watt speakers and a Mackie DLM 12s 2000watt subwoofer to round out the sound. Using Technics 1200mk2 turntables with an Apple Macbook Pro, the best of “old” and “new” schools. This setup allows me to have more of a "club" feel, we do not have to worry about the starts and ends of songs, we can immediatly go from on song to another. Additionally, this allows me to host a room up to 300 persons. Having par 64 LED dance floor lights for a wash, a Vertigo Hex LED for movement and a mini laser for added coverage for the dance floor we are able to create a festive mood for everyone! I will DJ quietly in the background until it is time to let loose! I would be more than happy to provide music/sound for the ceremony (if you are having one), cocktail hour, dinner and reception.

Rates

When you hire me it is for the day, in the time capacity needed. Unlike most DJ's who charge a flat rate for a few hours, they tend to add more money for every hour after - I bill for the event. This works well because it takes the timeline stress off of the couple, and truly allows you to concentrate on your new spouse, family and friends. There is no reason to concentrate on the time. My rates are determined by a consultation for each individual wedding. This allows for the best price for your special day and it’s requests, (i.e. extra speakers or the ability for two separate sound systems for different locations). Please contact for a personal consultation to better determine your needs. Typically a rate is based on a 7 hour wedding (ceremony, cocktail, dinner, reception, lights and my abilities to emcee the evening, plus all music requests and transportation within reason is included in price).

299d57243f4a11e3 1528740749 22d14cbca4525c6b 1528740746361 1 11

• Videos 4

101 Reviews for Matthew Spofford DJ/White Mountain Productions

• Amy

Amy · Married on 11/10/2018

So accommodating and easy to work with!

Matt was awesome! We were very impressed with Matt's professionalism and his flexibility. He really went out of the way to make sure our day was perfect and stress-free. We are so happy we chose him for our wedding. Would highly recommend for anyone getting married in the white mountain region!

Amber Llanto · Married on 10/27/2018

Amazing dj experience!

Matt was everything we were looking for in our wedding DJ and more! Matt was not just a DJ on our special day, but he was helping to make sure all the details were just perfect despite bad weather and an unexpected winter storm that forced us with no power for a while leading up to the big moments! As soon as the power went out, Matt got back up generators for his equipment and made sure that we had music during every moment. He facilitated our whole wedding, from introductions to the last dance song and he even helped to put an end to an unexpected speech. He ROCKED the dance floor and fed off of the crowd and took requests because we had asked him too. We didn't have an empty dance floor at all! It was perfect! Thank you Matt, for making our big weekend perfect!

Gabrielle · Married on 10/06/2018

Very Highly Recommend!!

When looking for a DJ for our wedding we knew we had to be picky because they basically set the tone for the party! After viewing Matt's website we emailed him and he was very prompt in responding. Since the first conversation with Matt we felt completely at ease and confident in choosing him for our wedding. He was super helpful and kept in contact with us frequently throughout the 10-12 month planning process, which really made us get to know each other which helped make our day so much more than we could ask for. Matt is very professional and experienced which made us confident that we would have an amazing time-which we did!! Matt was so awesome with the timing and music and the overall flow of the night, and not one guest that told us they had a great time failed to mention or ask about our DJ. I would highly recommend Matt/White Mountain Productions!!

Matthew Spofford DJ/White Mountain Productions FAQ

• What is the starting price for wedding DJ services? $ 900.00
  • What is included in the starting price? Consultation, Disco Ball, MC, Microphones, Travel Expenses, Sound/PA System
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package? $ 999.00
  • What is included in the price of your most popular wedding package? Sound/PA System, MC, Microphones, Travel Expenses
  • What music genres do you specialize in? Electronic, Hip Hop, International, Jazz, Oldies, Pop, R&B/Soul, Rock, Top 40
  • What services do you offer? Liability Insurance, MC, One Event Per Day
  • What additional equipment do you offer? Disco Ball, Microphones, Sound/PA System

• Moonset Farm Floral
    Moonset Farm Floral Wedding Florists

Matthew is great to work with. Very professional yet fun. Attentive to the couple and the crowd, reads the feel of the room. You know it's going to be a great wedding with him on board!

• Meg Simone Wedding Films
    Meg Simone Wedding Films Wedding Videographers

Matt is so much fun! From a vendor to vendor standpoint he's professional, easy to work with, always keeps us in the loop of what's coming up next. From actual experience, as he did my sisters wedding, he ROCKS! He can accommodate any type of group dynamic, and be as discrete as possible or dress up in full costume for the late night dance party. He's a great guy and definitely worth a call and considering for your big day :)

• Attitash Mountain Resort
    Attitash Mountain Resort Hotel Weddings

Matt Spoffard is one of my favorite DJs! Its exciting to know that he is hosting an event because I know that the guests are going to have the time of their life. It's not unusual for the wedding guests to comment that they attended one of the best weddings they ever went to when Matt DJ's. He is considerate in his pricing and his product is true value. Value is something that I look for in all of the wedding vendors that I reccommend, and Spofftastic meets my criteria on the product you receive for the price you pay. I do not take referring a DJ lightly, and Matt Spofford is definitely a DJ that I talk to my clients about.

• 600 Sweden Rd Bridgton, 04009 See on map