Matthew Spofford DJ/White Mountain Productions Reviews

98 Matthew Spofford DJ/White Mountain Productions Reviews
  • Kim

Kim · Married on 09/29/2018

Matt is amazing!

Matt was amazing to work with! From the first phone call, through all the planning and questions, to the actual wedding, he was there every step of the way. He gave us guidance for songs, suggestions when we asked, and knew so much about our venue, it was so helpful. Matt did a great job listening to all of our suggestions - so many guests told us it was the best DJ they have ever had (and I must agree) at a wedding. I can't recommend Matt enough!

Michelle · Married on 07/28/2018

Hiring Matt was one of the best decisions we made for our July 2018 wedding. Working with him was absolutely awesome, from our initial phone call until the last song played at our reception. Matt is incredibly friendly, personable, and easy to work with. This all translates into him being a great DJ and an awesome MC! He put us at ease throughout the entire process by answering questions and providing recommendations - not just for songs, but also for our ceremony and every part of the reception. Matt brings many years of experience, and he was very familiar with our venue, which made it easy for him to help talk us through the entire day. He provided a mic for our ceremony, which was critical because it was next to a river which was rushing from rain all week! He also provided music for the cocktail hour, dinner, and dancing at the reception. His song selection was excellent, and he based it off of the extensive song list we had sent him before the wedding as examples of what we liked (he took the time to go through each song), but he also took requests during the dancing (this was a huge hit with guests), and I'm sure he added in others he knew would go over well! When Matt announced that the dance floor was open, most of our guests rushed to the floor and literally didn't leave for the entire night. Matt knows how to read a crowd. There was maybe 1 song played that didn't get the whole crowd going, and he immediately changed things up and got everyone back onto the floor. In addition to DJ, Matt MC'd the reception and guided us through the entire night. He prepped our parents and the wedding party on entrances and toasts before the intros, and they were all at ease and knew what to do when the time came. He warmed up the crowd before our intros, let them know important information at the right times, and generally kept things moving at the right times! My husband and I had complete trust in Matt, and we were also out there dancing the entire night!

Kevin · Married on 10/14/2017

Matt is the absolute man for the job. He knows what he is doing and is very helpful, from helping with the timeline to being able to get any music possible. He is very energetic and extremely friendly and kind. He will not disappoint on the big day. If your looking for a DJ to have the best tunes and throw the best party Matt is your guy.

Elizabeth · Married on 09/30/2017

We are so grateful that Matt was our wedding DJ! He has a vast wealth of event experience to bring to the planning and consulting process, and a keen sense of exactly what the crowd needs to hear next when it comes to the big day. Matt was super accommodating and supportive of all our wacky song choices (including a mid-ceremony dance party that he helped us pull off so well!), and he was very flexible every step of the way. Matt had such professionalism from the moment we first contacted him, everything from reaching out to us about song choices well in advance, to making sure our friends and family giving toast knew how to use the mics properly. He thought of everything and could handle anything. Thank you, Matt!

Erin · Married on 09/16/2017

Matt was absolutely TERRIFIC! He exceeded our expectations and went above and beyond for our big day. Matt is so easy to work with, being so flexible and in touch with you throughout the wedding planning process. My husband and I felt like we were talking to a friend with every phone call and video chat! Matt makes it very clear that your wedding day is about you and emphasizes that couples do what they want. Thankfully, he has worked at our venue and with our other vendors several times, so the coordination between everyone was excellent - everything ran smoothly and perfectly! I would expect nothing less from Matt even if our venue were totally new to him. Matt seemed to understand exactly what we wanted for music right off the bat and worked with us throughout the wedding process to finalize the variety we were looking for. Our guests raved about our reception - our music had EVERYONE dancing! Matt has a real talent for working with couples as the "King and Queen" on their wedding day! You can't go wrong with choosing him to DJ your event. THANK YOU MATT! xoxo Mr. & Mrs. V

Courtney · Married on 09/09/2017

Matt was AMAZING and made our wedding the non-stop party we wanted it to be. He worked with us for months leading up to the wedding to make sure he knew 100% what we wanted and envisioned for all parts of the event. We were able to give him lots of song request and suggestions, but he also added in his professional input, and the combination made for the best wedding reception of all time (in my personal opinion). Our guests could not stop talking about the music at our wedding. It pleased the entire crowed of all ages (and with a 20 year age different in the bride and grooms parents, trust me when I say our crowd ranged from all over the decades)! It was important to us that the dinner and reception moved along and didn't allow for long lulls between things, and Matt made sure to make this happen. I'm not kidding when I say that our dance floor was overflowing people once that first song came on! Everyone was out of their seats and dancing the night away. If you're looking for a super attentive, flexible and FUN DJ...look no further because you have already found him in Matt!!

Kaitlin · Married on 06/17/2017

Matthew was awesome! The communication prior to our wedding made us feel relaxed and at ease the day of knowing that he had it under control. He was there for the whole event and walked us through all the details before hand so we new what to expect. He set up the microphones for the ceremony and then adjusted them as needed to make sure our guests could hear the entire thing. We received many compliments from our guests on the music selection and he kept everyone dancing all night long. Matt was great about reading the crowd any adjusting as needed.

Leannea · Married on 05/21/2017

Matt was amazing! Such a pleasure to work with leading up to the wedding and truly outstanding during! Without a doubt, the best DJ!

Trevor · Married on 05/06/2017

Do not look any further than Matt for your wedding. My wife and I fell in love with him from a previous wedding and he did not disappoint for ours. He lets you set the tone of your wedding by having you pick your song lists (with very helpful recommendations once you've set a theme). Our dance floor was not once empty throughout the entire night. His price point is incredibly reasonable for the party he puts on. He even allowed our friend to play the banjo during the cocktail hour (not to mention bringing additional equipment just for this). You will not go wrong with Matt, my wife and I recommend him as setting the bar when it comes to wedding DJ's. Thank you so much Matt!

Harold · Married on 03/18/2017

Anyone who looking for an incredibly fun DJ with extensive music knowledge, ability to read the room and great positive energy in the Mount Washington Valley need look no further than Matt Spofford! He had our wedding guests dancing their hearts out nonstop from the first dance of the night until the last. He was very receptive to our vision for the evening, provided ample communication and planning, and was full of great tips on how to make things run smoothly. Matt comes with experience and at a good value compared with other DJs we looked at in the area. Highly recommended!

• User7342283 · 1+ year ago

Matt was an amazing piece to our wedding! He played every song we wanted and was found using his mic very little. He made our day so wonderful, being avalible all day for us. Matt, we appreciate you!

Jessie · Married on 10/22/2016

Matt really listened to what we were looking for in the details for our wedding. We did many things that were unconventional and he shared his ideas and did everything he could to ensure they would work and be awesome.

We booked a DIY venue that lacked the staff of a traditional venue so we really needed someone that could emcee the night and that was Matt. He was fantastic, our guests danced all night, and I would recommend him to anyone.

Also, his services included the whole day. Not just a 4 hour window with additional charges for extra time like most DJs. He was there for pre-ceremony, ceremony, cocktail hour, and the entire reception.

I couldn't have asked for more, he did an awesome job!

Steve · Married on 10/15/2016

Matt was so helpful with the planning of our wedding day, we couldn't have made it through without him. We would highly recommend Matt to anyone. Following the wedding, a bunch of our guests asked for his information, because he was so good!

We spoke with Matt every month or so leading up to the wedding. He asked for a list of songs that we liked, and he wove them into the night perfectly. The dance floor never had a dull moment! We cannot say enough about Matt, he was amazing. HIRE HIM!!

Mary · Married on 10/01/2016

Matt was amazing on our wedding day! He was enthusiastic and kept our wedding going as our MC. Throughout our wedding day Matt provided many key electronic and personal touches. During our ceremony he set up a microphone for our readers and gave our officiant a lapel mic. He provided music during our cocktail hour and then had a wireless mic available for our speeches during dinner, as well as music for our musical toasts! Lastly, all of our wedding guests have come back raving about the music during the dancing part of our wedding! We, of course, had a blast, and couldn't have imagined it any other way. Matt truly was invaluable during our wedding day!

Ana · Married on 09/24/2016

I wish I could live my wedding day all over again! Matt had everything covered and exactly what I wanted from the ceremony till the dancing hours. His enthusiasm was contagious, and played all of my requests AND my guests! He was a pleasure to work with and stayed in great communication over the months leading up to the big day! Wouldn't have picked anyone else :)

Kelsey · Married on 09/10/2016

Matt was by far one of the best choices we made in regards to our wedding. He was so fast in responding, answered all of our questions and gave us some much needed recommendations to make our day go smoothly. He is truly a master of his craft. He was able to get people of every age up on the dance floor- and they stayed there all night long. There isn't a negative comment we could make about him. He was so friendly, open to ideas and made you feel like family. He truly made it feel like he knew us inside and out. He so easily went with the flow even when it started to rain. Not to mention that the price you pay is definitely worth the outcome. Matt could easily charge significantly more for his talent, yet his is very affordable. In our opinion, he's kind of a hidden gem! If you're looking for someone to make your day even more perfect than you could imagine Matt Spofford is definitely the way to go.

• O

Olivia · Married on 09/04/2016

Matthew was wonderful and I am so happy I found him online. I was nervous because I had never met him before (I did a destination wedding in NH-- live in Tampa, FL) so I was purely going off my gut feeling and other couple's reviews online, which were all really positive. Matthew was very responsive the whole time and during the wedding he was very energetic and he really helped get everyone into dancing, etc which was awesome because my wedding was online 42 people! He was great and so worth the money. He really knows how everything is supposed to flow and he is a huge help during the whole process. Great job Matt!!! Thank you for everything!

Lindsay · Married on 08/20/2016

Matt was absolutely wonderful! He was so personable and friendly and made me as the bride feel no stress or anxiety. The music he played was perfect and kept everyone dancing through the night! I would recommend Matt to anyone whose looking for a fun, enthusiastic, and accommodating DJ. Everyone at the wedding Kept saying "wow, your DJ was awesome!"

Liz · Married on 07/23/2016

I cannot recommend Matt strongly enough! From the very first contact, Matt was super responsive, enthusiastic, and accommodating. Music was really important to us, and Matt took all of our requests really seriously and did such a good job. He kept the party going perfectly. Before the events kicked off, Matt was excellent about communicating what to expect, what would happen, etc., and he was super helpful with our families and bridal party about being introduced and giving speeches. You will be SO glad you hired Matt as your DJ - I know we are!

Seth · Married on 07/16/2016

My wife and I just had a fantastic wedding weekend and we could not be more glad that we chose Matt to be our DJ.

We chose him after reading reviews and a get-to-know-you phone call in which he described his DJing philosophy, which was exactly what we had in mind. He was extremely communicative and friendly and when we met with him we brought him a long list of suggested songs that he built a game plan around. On the night of the wedding, he felt the room and played all the songs we wanted. The dance floor was filled from the moment he started playing dance music until the very end of the wedding, and he did a great job of working in music from all eras to get all ages moving and having a good time. By the end of the night, our guests started a "Matt! Matt! Matt!" chant from the dance floor because he had done such a good job.

He also did a great job of little in-between announcements that we asked him to make throughout the night.

If you need a DJ for your wedding, we would definitely recommend booking Matt!

Dan and Abbey · Married on 07/02/2016

If you are looking for DJ's stop, Matt is your guy. First a horror story, we were married at the top of a mountain, and the venue's wireless speakers weren't working. Here comes Matt with his cape swooping in to save the day! (He brought his own wireless mic and speakers up to the top!) Needless to say, we were very thankful, and we didn't even know that he had done that until the end of the night because it all went so smoothly.
    Now for what everyone else has been saying about him, from the time we spoke with him all the way through to the end of the night he made it about us and about how we wanted our guests to remember the night. He didn't let one moment go wasted! We could not have imagined our wedding with out Matt. Thank you so much!!!

Abigail · Married on 07/02/2016

This man was amazing! He took everything into account and made sure that our special day was a fairy tale! I cannot say enough kind words!!

Matthew Spofford was so fantastic to work with! From start to finish, he treated my husband and I as if we were old pals. We were planning our wedding from out of state and he was always willing to arrange Skype meetings with us to save us from having to travel. He was fun, energetic, and truly cared about making our big day perfect. Matt's pricing is also incredibly reasonable for what he gives you. Our family/friends are still raving about how well he did at being the soundtrack to our wedding day. You will not be disappointed if you work with Matt!

Sarah · Married on 06/12/2016

Matt made our wedding day so fun, and the months leading up to it stress free! He was easy to work with, and allowed us to add as much or as little to determining the songs/style of the day as we wanted to. All of our guests had a blast, and he had basically every age group out on the dance floor. He's enthusiastic but not overbearing - just the right amount of actual talking during our reception. He obviously has a ton of experience and cares about making sure everyone feels included and has a good time.

He's also incredibly straightforward and transparent with his (very reasonable) pricing - no gimmicks, just told us what it was, which was a rare find among DJ's.

We would definitely reccomend Matt to anyone looking for a DJ for any type of event in the area!

Meg · Married on 05/07/2016

Matt is an amazing individual. Like many of the Mount Washington Valley vendors, friendliness is the first thing you'll recognize. Second to that is responses and response time. Third is he is just pure fun but professional. Being from out of state, we wanted our wedding to be perfect without having to travel for meetings. We also knew we wanted our wedding to be quite untraditional. When we brought these two things to Matt he was so flexible and accommodating. He sent over a 'typical' wedding playlist and when we realized we wanted something quite different he requested songs we'd like to hear played and then he took it from there. When we asked him if he could set up in 3 different locations we were met with "No worries!". When we asked if the father daughter dance could be 6-8 combined songs it was "You got it!". When we asked if he could make sure the chicken dance song wouldn't play, even if someone requested it, he said he didn't even know that song, nor did he have the track for it ;)

We are so happy that we chose Matt to DJ and highly suggest him. He's the type of vendor that after the wedding my husband and I were both questioning what else he could DJ for us!