724 Main St, Covington, KY 41011 Map · Phone number

Leapin Lizard Lounge 6
Leapin Lizard Lounge 7
  • Runawaybride

Kate · Married on 05/27/2017

My husband and I loved the Leapin' Lizard Lounge! It was such a cool place for our wedding. The owner, Richard, is fun, accommodating, flexible, and helpful. I can't say enough good things about him. He is seriously one of the coolest people I've ever met, and according to my Mom (who did most of the communicating with him) he was always readily available by text. The venue is unlike anything I've ever experienced. It's a former church (Catholic, I think) turned art gallery, with features like an original organ and stained glass windows coupled with wacky Tim Burton-esque décor. Our favorite detail was that the former confessionals were converted into bathrooms, which we found hilariously quirky and irreverent. The windows make for an absolutely stunning ceremony space, especially if you're reciting your vows while the sun is coming through them. Guests headed downstairs after the ceremony for cocktail hour, while staff "flipped" the space to set up tables for dinner (there is a bar on each level, and we loved the bartenders!) After dinner back upstairs, the area downstairs becomes the dance floor, while upstairs remains a quieter area for low-key mingling and relaxing. We really enjoyed the location of the Leapin' Lizard as well. It's right in the heart of Covington, and there are plenty of bars and restaurants nearby to throw a fabulous after party. We were able to walk to our hotel (the Marriott at Rivercenter Blvd.) A downside was that older relatives might have had trouble with the stairs at the venue, but Richard had problem-solving solutions for that. It was also a little hot upstairs during dinner (and I may have been hotter than others, because of my wedding dress), but Richard worked to crank up the air and improve guests' comfort. I really appreciated that he stayed on site during the entire event to help everything go smoothly. In short, this was a really unique venue run by an awesome professional, and you won't be disappointed! Happy wedding planning!

Sent on 06/12/2017

I cannot believe I was so lucky to find such and awesome venue. Richard, the owner, went above and beyond to make sure my day was special. My caterer FORGOT buns and Richard went out and got them! He set up my centerpieces and even lit my candles for the ceremony. I was absolutely in shock and delighted that he prevented so many catastrophes from happening on my wedding day, not to mention that it is an amazingly unique and fun location for a great price. Although, what Richard was willing to do for a stressed out bride was priceless!! Everyone was raving about how cool the venue was. Leapin Lizard really made my whole wedding.

Sent on 10/16/2013

Megan · event on: 01/17/2015

Such a fun space, it was perfect a big 40th birthday party!

Sent on 01/18/2015

Leapin Lizard Lounge FAQ

• Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue? Yes
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during peak season? $ 1,400.00
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during off-peak season? $ 1,400.00
  • Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue? Yes
  • Which of the following are included in starting site fee? Bridal Suite, Chairs, Clean Up, Event Planning, Glassware, Parking, Set Up, Tables
  • Which of the following are included in the cost of wedding catering? Server(s)
  • What is the starting price per person for bar service? $ 13.00
  • What is the maximum capacity of your venue? 200
  • What is the minimum number of guests required to book your venue? 25
  • How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer? 1
  • Describe your venue: Historic Building, Museum
  • What kind of settings are available? Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor
  • What event services do you offer? Clean Up, Event Planner, Get Ready Rooms, Liability Insurance, Lighting / Sound, Set Up
  • What catering services do you offer? Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'oeuvres, Outside Cake, Plated, Stations, Tastings
  • What bar services do you provide? Bartender(s), Cash Bar, Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Limited Bar, Liquor License, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink, Specialty Beer, Specialty Wine
  • What transportation and access is available? Parking, Wheelchair Access