Brookline, MA 02446 Map · Phone number
  • Real Weddings 1

About Lara Kimmerer | photographer

My ideal day is spent documenting people experiencing the big and small events in their lives. Weddings are wonderful, but so are the "everydays" filled with walks in the woods, afternoons and evenings in the company of friends and family or sitting by a lake watching the sun go down.

I'm sincerely interested in people and the moments that make up who they are.

Follow Lara Kimmerer | photographer on

• Real Weddings 23

24 Reviews for Lara Kimmerer | photographer

Lara Kimmerer | photographer 1
Lara Kimmerer | photographer 2
Lara Kimmerer | photographer 3

Sara · Married on 09/02/2018

Lara is incredible, and I am so, so glad that we chose her to photograph our wedding. I think that it is really important to have good chemistry with your photographer, and Lara really takes the time to connect with her clients on a deep level. In one of our pre-wedding Skype sessions (we were living in CA at the time), we were talking about the ceremony and I got really teary picturing it. Lara got teary with me, and it was a really neat moment that made me feel completely confident that she would do an amazing job, and that her passion for photography and her emotional connection with her clients would lead to some really special photographs. At the end of our wedding, I again was teary eyed and she said that our wedding brought tears to her eyes. She really experiences weddings and becomes part of them; she does not just shoot photographs from the sidelines.

But here are some more concrete things that make Lara awesome:
    - We had such a fun pre-wedding shoot! This isn't something we were really interested in but she included it in the package and we figured it would be a good warm up for the wedding. She and her husband, Peter (who is equally great!), met us at my husband's parents' home in Swampscott and we visited a few of our favorite places on the North Shore. They even took amazing photos of our dog! When we were done, they stuck around for a while and the four of us chatted and watched the sunset together :)
    - Planning a wedding from across the country isn't particularly easy, but she made it a breeze and was always available by email.
    - We did some family portraits before the ceremony and she and Peter were so organized and speedy. Everyone in our family was blown away by her efficiency!

Lara Kimmerer | photographer 4
    Lara Kimmerer | photographer 5
    Lara Kimmerer | photographer 6

Lara and her husband Peter photographed our son and daughter-in-law's wedding last Saturday. I am compelled to write this review because they were simply incredible!! Everyone at the wedding raved about the ease Lara waltzed through the room covering every moment of the event and always with a huge smile on her face!

Typically, reviews are given after the final product has been received. In this case, I know how gifted this team is after viewing the engagement photos months ago. They captured every emotion from playful to introspective and everything in between. The gorgeous venue (Edith Wharton's estate) was carefully used as a third party in capturing the most romantic photos I have ever seen.

In a few weeks, when the wedding photos are complete, I know we will all be amazed at their artful work. This is a team that is so truly gifted and clearly love what they do for a living...you can't get any better than that! Lara and Peter are the photographers you want to capture and share in those special life moments. Kudos to my smart daughter-in-law for hiring Lara Kimmerer Photography!

• Lesley and Courtney

Lesley and Courtney · Married on 09/19/2015

It’s a challenge to find the right words to explain how lucky we feel to have Lara and Peter photograph our wedding. I met Lara around 6 years ago. She was friends with my roommates and had photographed their wedding. One of the first interactions I had with her she was speaking about her business. Her passion and attention to detail was evident, and I thought to myself if I ever get married I would want someone just like her. When we started planning our wedding and I immediately reached out to Lara. I knew that the photography was one of the most important items for us (who wants to look at bad photographs for the rest of their lives!). Leading up to the wedding we met Lara and her husband Peter at the site of our first date for a little warm up photo shoot. Lara really wanted to do this, and we were both very nervous. Engagement photos were not something we really saw ourselves doing. It ended up being so much fun. Lara and Peter are so kind and we enjoyed chatting with them. Leading up to the day of the wedding we consulted Lara about having a first look. Again, not something we saw ourselves doing. Lara provided us with so much great information and eased any concerns we had, and again we are so happy we followed her advice. The day of the wedding Lara and Peter arrived to photograph us getting ready. Lara is such a kind soul and was so very calming for me. She captured so many great moments of us, our families, and our friends. All the emotions were so wonderfully captured. Lara told me before we booked her that our wedding was not just about us, it was about our families/ friends and that’s why she always has a second photographer with her. I can’t explain to you how wonderful our photos are. They captured the ambiance of the entire day. We have had so many people compliment us on our photographer. Some even saying that she should be paid double because they are so wonderful! You are in such good hands with Lara. We cannot recommend her enough.

Lara Kimmerer | photographer FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding photography services? $ 3,500.00
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price? 2nd Shooter, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, One Event / Day, Digital Files
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package? $ 4,800.00
  • Which of the following are included in the price of your most popular wedding package? 2nd Shooter, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, One Event / Day, Digital Files
  • What primary photographic style do you identify with? Contemporary, Film, Natural, Photojournalism
  • What photography services do you offer? Destination / Travel, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Liability Insurance, One Event / Day, Second Shooter
  • What photography items do you offer? Albums, Digital Files, Flush Mount, Prints, Save the Date

Real Weddings

• DAISIES & PEARLS | MERRYMAKING
    DAISIES & PEARLS | MERRYMAKING Wedding Planners

Lara has a lovely polished style of photography that truly captures the beauty, emotion and splendor of a wedding day. She puts her clients at ease to allow their emotions to shine through. As a wedding coordinator, I found Lara a pleasure to work with, helping along the overall flow of the day. She not only made sure to capture every moment of the day but every little detail my clients and I designed and/or planned.

• Brookline, MA 02446 See on map