Huntington Station, NY 11746 Map · Phone number

About Kimberly Salem Photography

Kimberly Salem is a wedding photographer based in New York City. She shoots in a documentary style and strives to capture the story of a wedding day beautifully, from all of the tiny details to the emotional highs that a wedding never fails to produce.

Follow Kimberly Salem Photography on

2c575de34c966dd2 1336495415086 0013lisabobbyweddingblog
0013lisabobbyweddingblog

5 Reviews for Kimberly Salem Photography

Renee · Married on 09/20/2013

My husband and I are both expats living in NYC. He's from New Zealand & I'm Canadian. Our wedding was the one day when all of our friends & family assembled from 8 countries around the world. It was critically important to get a photographer who could tell the story of our special night.

Kim takes a photojournalistic approach - exactly what we wanted. When we spoke on the phone she was warm & friendly & answered our questions with ease.

Instead of engagement shots we got a photobooth & a second shooter (Emily). I was a bit nervous not having met them in person before the big day but had absolutely no reason to worry. Kim has a very comprehensive questionnaire she uses to ensure she's up to speed on what you're looking for.

On to the pictures: We love them, for a number of reasons:

1) beautiful candid moments - Kim & Emily captured the spirit of our many guests from dancing, to reunions, to speeches - interactions I wouldn't have seen if it wasn't for them. There's a picture of my mother and my SIL with their arms around each other. I didn't even know it happened & it brought me to tears.

2) Beautiful, fun detail shots - we got ready in the W hotel & the decor in our suite was pretty over the top. Kim & Emily used the decor to the max - there's a gorgeous shot of my shoes coming out of a wall lamp (sounds crazy but it's beautiful.) Also the best picture of our rings I've ever seen.

3) Flexibility & attention to detail - we had so many out of towners so we wanted to get pictures of all the guests. We ran around to all the tables during dinner. Although she doesn't normally do those shots, Kim even made them look good.

4) The right amount of retouching - not too heavy-handed but enough to make us & our surroundings look our best.

5) Other people loved the shots: Guests said the pics were stunning. My coworker who didn't attend said "You can tell exactly what kind of event it was."

Kim, you nailed it. Thank you!

Sent on 10/10/2013

Carlyn · Married on 09/01/2013

Kim is a wonderful photographer! She takes beautiful pictures, has a super fun photo booth which captures candid memories throughout the reception and puts together gorgeous albums as a perfect keepsake. She is also a pleasure to work with! I would highly recommend Kimberly Salem Photography to every and any bride in the tri-state area! :)

Sent on 09/28/2013

Victoria · Married on 09/08/2012

We just loved working with Kim. She was very down to earth and friendly. She was receptive to our ideas and willing to work around busy schedules. We had a fun (but hot!) engagement session that helped us warm up to the idea of being photographed but,in actuality, on the day of our wedding, we didn't even realize she and her second shooter were there capturing the moments! I liked working with someone who wasn't pushy and didn't insist on silly shots that weren't our style. Kim was a pleasure to work with. I highly recommend her.

Sent on 03/19/2013

Kimberly Salem Photography FAQ

• What primary photographic style do you identify with?
    Contemporary
    Photojournalism
  • What photography services do you offer?
    High-Res Images
  • What photography items do you offer?
    Albums
    Digital Files
    Flush Mount
    Proofs

• Joyful Video Wedding Videographers

Kimberly is such a pleasure to work with. Our clients love her!!! Book her !!

• Kathempel Photography Wedding Photographers

Kim is an absolute pleasure to work with. We have shot together on several occasions, and when I am booked up, she is one of the first referrals I go to. She is professional, prompt, and has an absolute incredible eye. I would ask her to shoot my own wedding!

• Huntington Station, 11746 See on map
    Location of (Kimberly Salem Photography)