San Rafael, CA 94901 Map · Phone number

About Jonathan Massmann Photography

My name is Jonathan Paul Massmann. I answer to Jonathan, Jon, and a variety of nicknames bestowed upon me by friends. Honestly it doesn't matter what you call me, because the reason you're here is less about me and more about you. You're here because you, like me, value the importance of documenting the events and people in your life. I feel truly honored and blessed to be part of the special moments of your life. From a tearful moment when a father gives away his daughter as a beautiful bride to the new parents lovingly cradling their newborn child, witnessing these moments is a magical experience.

I won't blow smoke up your you-know-what by giving you the "ever since I was 3 years old I've had a camera in my hand" story, because that's just not my story. Not knocking that story, it's just not me. Truth is, I'm simply intrigued by beautiful and interesting images, always have been. People intrigue me too. Photography combines these two things into the perfect addiction for me!

Give me a call sometime. I'd love to hear your story over a pint (or two or...) of delicious craft beer (I'm also a coffee lover), and you may even get to be one of the lucky few to sample some of my own homebrew.

jonathanmassmann.com

wedding wire bridal show
oliviakelly 1

11 Reviews for Jonathan Massmann Photography

Michelle · Married on 08/27/2016

Johnathan photographed our wedding and was one of our favorite vendors. I originally was recommended him by another photographer who was booked on my wedding date (so I already felt encouraged that he was well respected in his industry). Once I looked at his portfolio, I knew he would be a great fit. I was immediately drawn to his artistic framing and candid shots. He was so professional and nice to work with. He went above and beyond to make sure we were happy with his work, even visiting our venue before the event. He also met with us for an initial interview and had multiple phone conversations with us before the big day to make sure we could ask any questions and to be sure he didn't miss any important shots for us. On the day of our wedding, he really made us feel comfortable for the posed shots and drove us all around the venue in his car. Then for the rest of the day I barley noticed he was even there! I really appreciated that because on a day when all eyes are on you it was nice to not feel like the paparazzi was constantly in your face. It also allowed him to get those great candid shots that really bring you back to the emotions of the day. Multiple guests and my parents commented on how impressed they were by his manner at our wedding and the final product. I also really appreciate how he delivered our USB in a sweet/creative way and I love that I now own the pictures to do what I want with them. I would highly recommend hiring Jonathan.

Sent on 10/27/2016

Elizabeth · Married on 05/15/2016

Jonathan is truly a dream photographer, he has an amazing eye, unending patience and is actually excited to be involved in your special day. He's very responsive, ensures that he's prepared and has a great personality. My husband and I are so happy we chose Jonathan for our special day, as he made it even better, smoother and we've overall loved loved loved every single photo we've seen. He shot our engagement photo session too, and the best part was that we were allowed to be ourselves and he managed to capture breath taking photos that have caused friends to comment on how amazing our photographer was, out of the blue. Jonathan is a fabulous choice for a wedding photographer, and if you're considering a second shooter, the woman he brought on our wedding day was also awesome to work with!

Sent on 05/18/2016

Arazeli · Married on 03/28/2015

Jonathan was amazing at our wedding! He met with us at our venue to do a walk through of the ceremony/reception a few months before our event. We had an outdoor wedding, and I wanted our photos to be taken along a trail behind the venue and nestled among the redwoods. He walked this path with us so that he could plan on possible backdrops the day of the ceremony. During the ceremony and reception he was moving around non-stop taking photos of us and our guests, but was never intrusive. We got our photos back very quickly and LOVE them. They are exactly what we were hoping for and have allowed us to revisit the memories of our special day.

Sent on 01/02/2016

Jonathan Massmann Photography FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding photography services?
    $ 2750.00
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price?
    Digital Files
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package?
    $ 3750
    Engagement Shoot
    Digital Files
  • What primary photographic style do you identify with?
    Photojournalism
    Traditional
  • What photography services do you offer?
    High-Res Images
  • What photography items do you offer?
    Albums