Austin, TX 78753 Map · Phone number

About John David Weddings

My name is John David, but you can call me JD. My style of photography is a blend of the simple, elegant and fun-- less rigid and more natural. I strive not only for great photos but also to capture my clients for who they really are.

A little about me....
I am a philosopher at heart, but some of the simple things in life that I enjoy are:

• capturing a photo that inspires people
  • people watching

John David Weddings 7
  • X

Xan Ingram · Married on 06/28/2019

Flawlessly beautiful

I can’t say enough great things about JD. I have had the privilege of knowing him as a friend for about seven years and have seen him in at least four other weddings. JD is an incredible person and a truly inspired photographer. He is one of the most talented people I have ever met. He could not be more professional, helpful, or encouraging when he is shooting a wedding. He set us at ease, helped us move through the whole night, and had so many creative and breathtaking ideas and photos. He was palpably excited the whole time. It was obvious that he was happy to be there and was having a great time making beautiful photos for us. It was so much fun to watch him work because you can see the gears turning the whole time for how to create the most amazing and unique photos. He had the best ideas and executed them all perfectly. All of our guests talked for weeks about how amazing he was and how they could not wait to see the pictures. He got us a few pictures the next few days and the rest of the pictures shortly after. We did not have to wait long for our pictures. He was very professional and easy to work with on the price—no haggling like some other photographers I spoke with. We would go back and may triple if we had to—the pictures were that good. His work is flawless and breathtakingly beautiful. Some photographers have all their weddings look the same, but he really does capture the spirit and feel of each wedding very precisely and beautifully.

JD brings the same level of attention to detail, care, and thoughtfulness to his work as he does to his friendships. He was the best decision we made when planning our wedding. If you hire him, you will be thankful you did for the rest of your life. It is a pleasure and an honor to know him and to have his photos forever. He is—hands down—the best photographer you can hire.

Sent on 08/21/2019
    John David Weddings 8
    John David Weddings 9
    John David Weddings 10
    John David Weddings 11
  • Joanie

Joanie Thomas · Married on 12/08/2018

Blown Away

Blown away by JD's work. He shot my wedding at Barr Mansion in December '18 and we could not be happier with the photos he sent us. I love his editing style and portraits. He shoots at Barr Mansion frequently and not one wedding I've seen from him looks the same. He is creative and inspired and truly seems to enjoy creating beautiful moments with his camera. But his photos speak for themselves. Working with JD himself was really amazing.

I am camera shy and prefer not to be in photos so I thought I'd be uncomfortable all day. Unless you are taking portraits with JD, you have NO idea he is around. He somehow remains behind the scenes and manages to capture every special moment. Seeing JD's beautiful portraits made me think all the weddings he'd shot were of professional models, but learned that the photos are a direct result of his clear direction. He calls out practically every pose so you feel natural and comfortable in front of the camera.

When we took family photos, he made it shockingly painless (and my huge family always gets cranky during photos). He never once made the day about the photos which I'm told happens frequently with wedding photographers.

There was a point in the night when my husband and I wanted to run around and make sure we'd said hello to everyone at our 300-person wedding. JD helped move us along through the crowd and kept us from getting caught talking to anyone for too long -- it was hilarious/SO useful to have a photographer that also acted as a private security guard.

He is also just a genuinely nice person that I am happy to know.

I could go on. But I have hundreds of gorgeous photos to review again and again. Thank you JD for preserving our memories for us in the most spectacular way.

Sent on 01/08/2019
    John David Weddings 12

Cassidy · Married on 11/04/2017

JD was the MVP of our wedding - and everyone agreed! He not only was a wonderful photographer, but put me, my family and wedding party at ease. His photos aren't only gorgeous but tell a story. I can't recommend him enough!

Sent on 02/07/2018

John David Weddings FAQ

• Which of the following are included in the price of your most popular wedding package? 2nd Shooter, Add'l Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, One Event / Day, Trash The Dress, Albums, Canvas, Digital Files, Flush Mount, Matted Prints, Prints, Proofs
  • What photography services do you offer? Additional Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Liability Insurance, Slideshow, Trash The Dress