John David Weddings

Austin, TX View map

My name is John David, but you can call me JD. My style of photography is a blend of the simple, elegant and fun-- less rigid and more natural. I strive not only for great photos but also to capture my clients for who they really are.

A little about me....
I am a philosopher at heart, but some of the simple things in life that I enjoy are:

• capturing a photo that inspires people
  • people watching

Flush Mount
Matted Prints
Prints
Proofs

What primary photographic style do you identify with?

Contemporary
Photojournalism
Traditional

What photography services do you offer?

Additional Hours
Engagement Shoot
High-Res Images

What photography items do you offer?

Albums

Best Experience With John David Photographer
  • Liza
    Liza G. Married on 04/02/2022

The absolute best!!

JD is AWESOME. He was a dream to work with! First, he did our engagement photos. We were both a bit nervous to get photographed professionally for the first time in a while. We clicked with him, and felt comfortable immediately. Off the cuff, he even offered to do portraits of us individually, which was very useful. The results were great! He got back the photos to us more quickly than we expected and we loved them, were proud to send them out to friends and family. At the wedding itself, he was so professional and put us at ease during the stressful photos-with-the-family part of the process. Multiple family members said JD is the "best wedding photographer they've ever seen." At one point, we realized no one was filming one of the speeches and were subtly trying to make eye contact with someone (anyone!) to film it. JD was the only one who noticed, and immediately took out his phone to film - and he took photos at the same time!! That was totally not in his job description but he noticed the need and stepped up without hesitation. Once we got the photos back from JD, the results were STUNNING. There aren't enough stars to express how great JD is!
  • Jennifer
    Jennifer Z. Married on 10/09/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

A genuine, aunthetic wedding photographer

My husband and I adored working with JD on our wedding day at Hotel Emma this past October (2021). When I went into wedding season and specifically started looking for a photographer, I was looking for a few specific things. Someone who could work with the reserved nature of my husband and camera-awkwardness of myself for one. Secondly, someone who had a portfolio with an eye for detail that would capture the vision I curated for our big day. And of course, a classic editing style that would outlive trend and serve as a gorgeous timestamp of our wedding day. John David ticked those three important boxes and exceeded my expectations in his professionalism on our wedding day, and even more so in the gallery of our photos we received last week.

He and his second shooter moved us through our wedding day in a timely manner and kept us on schedule, totally cool as a cucumber leading us from getting ready scenes to portraits to wedding party shots with nothing but positive energy. They captured the love reverberating in the ceremony space when I see all my friends and family surrounding us. They didn’t miss a beat when it came down to running through our list of family/ friend groups and capture the energy of our people non-stop dancing all night.

His final product is a work of art. Full stop, gorgeous photos. They deserve to be full page in Vogue - and not at alll because we’re models who can pose for a shot but because JD’s ability to make us comfortable and read people made it intuitive for him to catch us in our most natural moments. I am forever grateful for the photos of our day he’s given us and couldn’t recommend him enough. If you want someone who will be a calming presence on an inherently hectic day, professional in all interactions, a keen artistic sense, and a bottom line kind human being to work with — seriously look no further and write the check without looking back. He’s 10000% worth it and we’ll will be writing another review for a 10 year vowel renewal party when we get there!
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Message vendor

1111 Blue Fox Dr Austin, TX, 78753
Location of (John David Weddings)

John David Weddings frequently asked questions

John David Weddings includes the following photography services in their most popular wedding package:
  • 2nd Shooter
  • Digital Files
  • Flush Mount
  • Matted Prints
  • Prints
John David Weddings is recommended by 100% of couples who have used their services. Their overall rating is 5.0, with the same score awarded for quality of service, flexibility, value, professionalism and average response time.

Other vendors in Austin for your wedding