Austin, TX 78753 Map · Phone number

About John David Weddings

My name is John David, but you can call me JD. My style of photography is a blend of the simple, elegant and fun-- less rigid and more natural. I strive not only for great photos but also to capture my clients for who they really are.

A little about me....
I am a philosopher at heart, but some of the simple things in life that I enjoy are:

• capturing a photo that inspires people
  • people watching

John David Weddings 1
  • Joanie

Joanie Thomas · Married on 12/08/2018

Blown Away

Blown away by JD's work. He shot my wedding at Barr Mansion in December '18 and we could not be happier with the photos he sent us. I love his editing style and portraits. He shoots at Barr Mansion frequently and not one wedding I've seen from him looks the same. He is creative and inspired and truly seems to enjoy creating beautiful moments with his camera. But his photos speak for themselves. Working with JD himself was really amazing.

I am camera shy and prefer not to be in photos so I thought I'd be uncomfortable all day. Unless you are taking portraits with JD, you have NO idea he is around. He somehow remains behind the scenes and manages to capture every special moment. Seeing JD's beautiful portraits made me think all the weddings he'd shot were of professional models, but learned that the photos are a direct result of his clear direction. He calls out practically every pose so you feel natural and comfortable in front of the camera.

When we took family photos, he made it shockingly painless (and my huge family always gets cranky during photos). He never once made the day about the photos which I'm told happens frequently with wedding photographers.

There was a point in the night when my husband and I wanted to run around and make sure we'd said hello to everyone at our 300-person wedding. JD helped move us along through the crowd and kept us from getting caught talking to anyone for too long -- it was hilarious/SO useful to have a photographer that also acted as a private security guard.

He is also just a genuinely nice person that I am happy to know.

I could go on. But I have hundreds of gorgeous photos to review again and again. Thank you JD for preserving our memories for us in the most spectacular way.

John David Weddings 2

Cassidy · Married on 11/04/2017

JD was the MVP of our wedding - and everyone agreed! He not only was a wonderful photographer, but put me, my family and wedding party at ease. His photos aren't only gorgeous but tell a story. I can't recommend him enough!

Kelcey · Married on 06/09/2017

If you're looking for an amazingly talented photographer who will do whatever he can on your special day to make sure the bride and groom are happy and comfortable, LOOK NO FURTHER! Honestly, JD was at the top of our photographer budget, but after having him take our engagements and having him there on our wedding day, I would have paid even more. He was so professional and efficient the whole time. Our wedding coordinator didn't end up being as helpful as we wished, but JD really made it all okay! He answered all of our questions, even though most of them had nothing to do with the photography lol, and we both felt that his top priority was making sure we were comfortable and happy! And on top of all that, the pictures were even more beautiful than we imagined. We feel very lucky to have came across him, so if you've made it to this page, definitely reach out to him :)

John David Weddings FAQ

• Which of the following are included in the price of your most popular wedding package? 2nd Shooter, Add'l Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, One Event / Day, Trash The Dress, Albums, Canvas, Digital Files, Flush Mount, Matted Prints, Prints, Proofs
  • What photography services do you offer? Additional Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Liability Insurance, Slideshow, Trash The Dress