1109 21st Street South, Arlington, VA 22202 Map · Phone number

About jan michele photography

• Jan is one of Washington DC’s most sought-after photographers, with a style best described as elegant whimsy. Her vast knowledge of lighting, composure, and posing makes her clients shine. Pair her alluring style with a romantic sensibility and the result is nothing short of astonishingly beautiful photographs and albums that are treasured by her clients.

Jan earned a degree in Business Administration with a minor in Economics. She later added a degree in Professional Photography. Today, she is a member of The Professional Photographers of America. She is also the proud aunt of two nephews and a niece, an enthusiastic world traveler and has a slight addiction to dark chocolate.

Follow jan michele photography on

4286washington dc wedding picture jan michele
final cover proofwashington dc wedding picture
img4017washington dc wedding picture jan mich

14 Reviews for jan michele photography

Brette · Married on 07/03/2016

After meeting with a variety of photographers, Jan was the clear standout from the group! She went out of her way to make us feel comfortable, which is really more important than I realized in a photographer. Her work is absolutely beautiful, and I appreciated that her packages included tangible products instead of just the digital copies because I know that I'd never make the album if I had to do it myself!

Theresa · Married on 11/01/2014

I can not even begin to tell you how happy we were with Jan's work as our wedding photographer. She is the most professional, timely, responsive, and engaging photographer to work with. She knows what poses/pictures she wants and makes sure they happen. We were so happy to see her work and the final product of our wedding album. Jan captured every beautiful moment of our wedding from our engagement photos up to the last dance and final moments leaving our reception. She was an absolute pleasure to work with and takes a great interest in her clients. She sent sweet and meaningful gifts to us throughout the process and was very fast in processing our photos. I would recommend Jan to anyone looking for a good photographer and we will most certainly be using her in the future to capture all of our other "first" family moments~ Jan presence during our wedding was very genuine and helpful and she became someone I looked forward to seeing!

Jan's talent is absolutely impressive and rivaled only by the absolute best in Washington DC. Her unprecedented talent is only matched by her warm, kind hearted personality that shines through from the moment you meet Jan. I have felt welcome into her home and comfortable sharing of myself and our life with Jan who always offered kind words of support. Jan's ability to understand us as a couple and what we are all about and bring our story to life in the most authentic way as if she has known us forever, is awe inspiring.

Jan's talent goes beyond photography and I feel as if she brought to life our love story as it unfolded over time not just on our wedding day. Jan doesn't just master the art of photography but the art of the soul as well. Her focus, patience, reliability and kindness are remarkable and everyone in our family loved being around Jan.

As our wedding was three months after we had our daughter, I did not feel wedding ready, comfortable or beautiful for that matter. Jan worked with my fears and doubts and made me feel confident, beautiful and strong. Our album today tells a beautiful story between two blessed people and Jan's patience and words of encouragement made all the difference on that day and beyond. Almost a year later now, we are still in touch with Jan and her words always lift me up. We look forward to Jan continuing to capture our moments as our family grows. I know I have found a friend in Jan and an incredibly talented "story teller" of our beautiful moment in life.

jan michele photography FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding photography services? $ 3,919.00
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price? Engagement Shoot, One Event / Day, Albums, Digital Files
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package? $ 5,671.00
  • Which of the following are included in the price of your most popular wedding package? 2nd Shooter, Engagement Shoot, Multi. Locations, One Event / Day, Albums, Digital Files
  • What photography services do you offer? Additional Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Liability Insurance, Multi. Locations, One Event / Day, Second Shooter
  • What photography items do you offer? Albums, Canvas, Digital Files, Matted Prints, Prints, Thank You Cards

• Grit & Grace Inc
    Grit & Grace Inc Banquet Halls

Jan is a creative, sweet and a downright lovely person. Her style of photography is honest, clean and sharp. She has captured many of our clients weddings and no one has even been disapointed. We highly recommend Jan to everyone and sincerely think she is top notch. We love her albums and find that when we need a great photog, Jan never lets us down!

• Maryam Flowers
    Maryam Flowers Wedding Florists

Jan has photographed several of the weddings that I've designed for. Her work is very beautiful and captures all the right moments. I use many of her pictures in my presentation portfolios and on my web site. She's truly a professional, very responsive and a friend.

• 1109 21st Street South Arlington, 22202 See on map