2 Clock Tower Place Suite 510, Maynard, MA 01754 Map · Phone number
  • Real Weddings 1

About Jamie Ivins Photography

I'm all about spending time with my wife, Jen, our two kids Landon and Avery, and our awesome friends. I love fishing in the early hours of the morning, getting tattooed in the wee hours of the night, camping with my boys, hunting for the worlds best breakfast burrito, seeing concerts from the photo pit, dominating on the ping pong table, and smiling and laughing as much as possible.

I grew up back and forth between California and Colorado until a couple of years before high school when I rooted myself in Long Beach, CA for about a decade. After taking some time off after high school and living life as it came to me, I decided to make a complete change and move to the Northeast for college. I had no real intentions of staying after graduation but somewhere along the way I ran into a cute little blond girl that changed everything. She is my opposite in every way and after 8 years together I still find myself wanting to get to know everything about her. What started out as a secret tryst has become something more than I could have ever imagined. We welcomed our son Landon in the winter of 2008, tied the knot in the Spring of 2010, and finished off the family in May 2011 with our daughter Avery. These days we make our home on a quiet street in Milford, MA.

ABOUT MY PHOTOGRAPHY

I love producing clean, crisp pictures with a pop of color and I've been known to do pretty much anything to get the perfect shot. I've found myself in various bodies of water, buried in foliage, laying in the middle of the road, and in other less than ideal places in order to capture something that will leave my clients speechless. My favorite couples are the ones who know how to laugh and have fun amongst the chaos of a wedding day, are willing to make it up as we go if things don't go according to plan, and upon receiving their pictures instantly go to the web and share because they are as stoked on them as I am. I know that each couple is unique in their love and because of this I tend to place my clients in natural situations that allow them to naturally tell a story while I stand back and capture it. They are the stars of the show...I'm simply the production crew. :)

Follow Jamie Ivins Photography on

• Real Weddings 15

14 Reviews for Jamie Ivins Photography

• Jenny

Jenny · Married on 09/10/2016

The best decision we made in this process was hiring Jamie/ Redwood & Rye Studio. We are so blown away by all of our pictures and have been told they are the best wedding pictures people have ever seen. Jamie is a serious pro at what he does. He will get down in the bushes, on the ground, in the water, whatever necessary to get the absolute best shots. Everyone was raving about him the entire time and still are. He is creative, talented and cares about his clients and connecting with them. He is absolutely outstanding and you are seriously missing out if you don't hire him!

Sent on 10/13/2016

This is one of a couple reviews we're going to write for Jamie - we just didn't want to wait a year until our wedding date to talk about what an awesome dude and kickass photographer he is! We just recently had our engagement shoot with Jamie and his assistant. The idea my fiancee and I had for our shoot was to do it on a beach, and head over there via our little fishing boat. Jamie was totally on board despite the obvious issue of cameras and water not mixing very well. He was stoked about the possibilities, and totally delivered on his ideas. Once we arrived at the beach and started taking photos, we were blown away with how amazing they looked. Jamie and his assistant created a great vibe, and the afternoon light they captured made each photo look like a postcard. We were jumping up and down the beach after looking at each one, even on the camera's small preview screen.

But all this is only the precursor to Jamie's most amazing concept. His primary idea was to take a picture of us fishing on the boat. From the water. While we simultaneously casted from opposite ends of the boat. Silhouetted by the sun.

Yep.

So Jamie sealed his camera in a water tight case and hopped right in the 10' - to 20' deep water. We drifted together with the tide for about 10-15 minutes while Jamie took several photos. To be clear, this was no delightful afternoon dip. This was a chilly, evening dive that would leave little chance of warming up for the rest of the night. If this sounds a little crazy, that's because it was. But it was equally amazing and awesome. And the photos are absolutely priceless. This isn't even the end of the list of stunts Jamie and his assistant pulled that night - balancing on a rotting dock, getting waste deep for photos back on to the beach, braving thick bugs in the marshes. The list goes on. Through it all, the vibe was upbeat and fun, and the photos are stunningly beautiful. I'm out of room here, but could go on! Can't wait for the wedding day!

Sent on 07/16/2015

Allison · Married on 07/17/2015

AMAZING!!!! After looking at some of Jamie’s work, I knew he was the photographer for our big day. We met up with him for a drink and talked more about our plans and vision. He’s quick to respond to emails and any specific needs you have. We had a large, rambunctious wedding party and he was great with keeping everyone focused and entertained. After your day, he will make you feel like a celebrity with posting teasers and a slideshow with photo highlights. Only a few weeks after the wedding, we got all of our photos available for download and prints. The way he beautifully and creatively captures your moments will leave you looking at your pictures obsessively! I highly recommend Jamie Ivins!!!!

Sent on 08/19/2015

Award

Jamie Ivins Photography FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding photography services? $ 4,000.00
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package? $ 5,500.00
  • Which of the following are included in the price of your most popular wedding package? 2nd Shooter, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, One Event / Day, Digital Files, Proofs
  • What photography services do you offer? Additional Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Liability Insurance, One Event / Day, Trash The Dress
  • What photography items do you offer? Albums, Canvas, Digital Files, Prints

Real Weddings

• 2 Clock Tower Place, Suite 510 Maynard, 01754 See on map
    (617) 861-8037 (Phone number)