201 Main Street, Madison, NJ 07940 Map · Phone number · Visit website
  • Real Weddings 1

About J&M Home and Garden

Hello!

My name is Erin Rose Specht and I have been working with flowers for over 12 years. I grew up in this industry and take great pride in my work as a designer. I am also a new wife and have just gone through the (pleasure? pain?) of wedding planning. I totally understand the stress/ pressure and love/ hate relationship with planning your wedding. I am here to help you create your vision for your wedding day, none of the events I do are ever exactly the same because I don't believe that any 2 couples are exactly the same. Every wedding I do should tell a story about the couple. Incorporating a special flower that was given on a first date, using a beloved family heirloom in the decor or just the feeling that whole vibe of the decor reflects the couple themselves is what I love about the events I am able to create for my clients. I use my background knowledge and expertise in flowers and decor to help you create the look of your wedding and ensure that I am with you from the first consultation meeting, personally design and construct all of the florals for your sample meeting and am on the ground to oversee construction and execution of the florals the day of the wedding. Due to the boutique nature of my business and the individualized attention I like to give each of my brides I am only able to take 2 events per day so if you are interested in getting a quote put together let me know as soon as possible!

Services Include:

• Everything Floral for the Big Day!
    • Personal Flowers (bouquets, boutonnieres, corsages, flower girl baskets, headwreaths, hair flowers etc)
    • Ceremony Flowers (arches, Chuppahs, Mandap aisle flowers, aisle runners, chair decor, religious/ ceremonial pieces etc)
    • Reception Flowers (cocktail hour, centerpieces, card table, sign flowers, sweetheart/ headtable designs, place settings, linens, signage, table numbers etc)
  • Consultation
  • Delivery
  • Event design
  • Samples
  • Setup
  • Venue visit
  • Clean-up

Process:

The first thing is getting in contact with me to see that I have your date/ deliver to your ceremony/ reception venue to do this I ask you to fill out a small contact information form. (For an example click here)

The second after I have made sure the basics for your wedding all look good, I send you a questionnaire to better get the ideas for your vision, it is a little long but it really helps me paint the full picture of your wedding day in the proposal.

After you fill out the questionnaire I will put together a proposal mock up, click here to view an example of our proposal.

STEP 1: PROPOSAL MEETING

The first in person meeting for us is to go over the proposal and the vision for your wedding, here we can discuss other options for the decor and really get into the details of the flower options and accessories! (You get to check out my very cool stock pile of awesome wedding accessories and look into our floral coolers for further inspiration!) (This meeting typically takes anywhere from 30- 45 minutes)

From there if everything looks good I will take a $250 deposit to hold your date for you!

STEP 2: SAMPLE MEETING

After the Proposal Meeting we pencil in a tentative date for your sample meeting, this can either be 2-3 months before your wedding date or if you are a super planner and we have the full year, we can do your sample meeting a year out from your wedding. In the sample meeting you will see the full mock up of 2 of your pieces, this can include a bouquet and centerpiece or 2 centerpiece options. That way we can break down the pieces and more fully discuss the style and flowers. This is a fun meeting because it really gives a taste of how amazing and beautiful your wedding will be! At the end of this meeting I take 50% of the remaining balance. (This is a fairly detailed meeting so I tell clients it can take 45- 60 minutes)

AFTER THIS MEETING

After this meeting I will revise anything that needs to be revised and send you a copy of your proposal with the sample meeting pictures added in for you.

STEP 3: FINAL MEETING

Our third and final meeting happens about 2 weeks- 10 days before the wedding, here is where we finalize all the quantities and timing for delivery, the name and contact of your photographer (that way we can be sure to get pictures of all the beautiful flowers and decor taken for you!) and the name/ contact of any day of planner or matre'd at the venue with whom we will need to set-up timing with. At this point if you have anything you need to drop off to me I will take those items then! At the end of this meeting final payment is due, anything added on last minute after this meeting will be put on a credit card. (This meeting is pretty quick- I tell clients to block out only about 20-30 minutes for this one.)

AFTER THIS MEETING

Enjoy your day and don't forget to send me pictures!!!

Follow J&M Home and Garden on

25 Reviews for J&M Home and Garden

• Marilee

Marilee Kaye · Getting married on 01/07/2021

Gorgeous wedding flowers

Erin is amazingly talented, fun to work with, helpful with suggestions and just navigates the entire wedding planning with such naturally gifted ease. Erin did our daughter's wedding and everything was just more beautiful than we could have imagined. We had last minute changes due to COVID and Erin easily adapted accordingly. We highly recommend Erin...you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 07/14/2020
  • Rebecca

Rebecca · Married on 08/24/2019

The best out there!! Erin ROCKS!!

We were so lucky to have Erin and her team with us on our wedding journey! Erin’s professionalism, expertise, organization and creativity made her extremely easy and fun to work with. She was always thinking one step ahead of us and offered great advice along the way. We got married at my family’s home so our venue really was a blank canvas. Erin and her team did such an amazing job completely transforming our property with the most beautiful and unique flowers, candles and lanterns. We could not believe our eyes when we arrived home for our reception after our ceremony. J&M totally exceeded our expectations! A few weeks before our wedding, we had a sample meeting with Erin where she put together a sample table display (flowers, candles, etc.) and bridal bouquet. This was such an awesome add-on as it allowed us to make some tweaks to our original choices. We are still smiling about how magical our day was; it would not have been the same without Erin and team. Thank you for going above and beyond for us! We can’t wait to use J&M again in the future for any floral or event needs!

Sent on 04/02/2020

Award

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

J&M Home and Garden FAQ

• What is the average price for a bridal bouquet?
    $ 150.00
  • What is the average price for a bridesmaid bouquet?
    $ 75.00
  • What is the average price for a boutonniere?
    $ 15.00
  • What is the average price for a low table arrangement (per arrangement)?
    $ 100.00
    $ 225.00
    $ 5500
  • Which of the following are included in the cost of your floral services?
    Clean Up
    Consultations
    Delivery
    Event Design
    Floral Preservation
    Samples
    Set Up
    Venue Visit
  • How would you describe your floral designs?
    Classic
    Romantic
    Rustic
    Tropical
    Vintage
  • Which of the following services do you provide?
    Clean Up
    Consultations
    Delivery
    Event Design
    Floral Preservation
    Samples
    Set Up
    Venue Visit
  • What types of arrangements do you provide?
    Aisle Decor
    Non-Floral
    Single Flowers

1 Real Wedding

• Calligraphy by Angela Wedding Invitations

I recommend the services of J&M Home and Garden to make your Wedding Day that very special day you always wanted,that will be remembered and cherished by you and all your guests for many years to come. ~~ Angela Neik, www.calligraphybyangela.com Dallas Calligrapher 214 957 2155

• 201 Main Street Madison, NJ, 07940 See on map
    973-529-8156 (Phone number)
    2017875062 (Other Phone Number)
    9733771628 (Fax Number)
    Monday- Sunday: 9 am- 6 pm
    Location of (J&M Home and Garden)