935 N Ashland Ave., Chicago, IL 60642 Map · Phone number
  • Real Weddings 1

About Honey Bee Weddings

Honey Bee Weddings is a wedding and event planning company based in Chicago. We produce events across the United States from Chicago to Colorado with weddings over 500 guests. Our specialties are cultural weddings with experience in Indian/South Asian, Korean, Filipino and Nigerian weddings. For events, we focus on non-profit galas and parties.

Honey Bee Weddings has appeared on WCIU You and Me this Morning and has been published in the Knot, Modern Luxury Weddings magazine, Brides Chicago magazine, Wedding Essentials magazine, and Get Married magazine as well as Style Me Pretty, 100 Layer Cake, and Elizabeth Anne Designs. Honey Bee Weddings is a proud member of NACE and Green Wedding Alliance.

Owner Misse Daniel has also spoken at Loyola University Chicago and at the University of Chicago Women in Business conference. Misse is a member of the Junior League of Chicago and the Girl Scouts of America Associate Board. She actively supports the Women's Treatment Center.

bee
monicaz
bee

24 Reviews for Honey Bee Weddings

• User5172010 · 2+ years ago

My (now) husband and I had the pleasure of meeting Misse a little over a year before our wedding day. We had already selected our church and venue at that point but both decided we were in over our heads when it came to planning everything else. Misse and Honey Bee Weddings were recommended by a fellow bride, and when my husband and I met Misse, we instantly knew she was the right woman for the job. We moved forward with a partial planning and day of package.

Misse is incredibly organized, knowledgable and resourceful. Working with Misse was a very accommodating process as my husband and I had a specific budget for what we wanted to spend with a planner, and Misse helped us tailor a package that met our needs. I am a project manager by profession and consider myself a good planner, but Misse brought it to another level that my husband and I were so grateful for and led to the most perfect day of our lives.

When working with Misse, you'll find her proactive and very responsive. I also need to mention her fabulous sense of style which made planning the decor and our paper suite especially enjoyable! For the day of the wedding, and among a countless number of tasks, Misse created several timelines targeted towards our bridal party and vendors to keep everyone organized and on track - nothing was ahead or behind schedule more than 10 minutes that day! Our wedding would not have been so well coordinated if not for her. My husband and I would stop several times the months leading up to the big day and during our wedding day itself to say, "What would we have done without Misse?"

We absolutely loved working with Misse and her team, and Honey Bee Weddings is HIGHLY recommended for any wedding planning needs. Thank you Misse for everything you did to make our wedding day and the planning process so perfect and memorable!

Sent on 08/16/2015
  • Amy

Amy · Married on 11/01/2012

An amazing job!

I was recently married on March 24, 2012 and was very impressed with the level of services provided by Honey Bee Weddings. My husband is in the military and we were long distance throughout our entire engagement. Planning a wedding here in Chicago while he was in Virginia on a deployment for most of the planning months left me nervous and in need of guidance and support. I met with Misse about 10 months prior to our wedding and hired her for partial, day of coordination services.

I am an organized person but found myself working two jobs which brought me to 60 hours of work a week. Add on to the fact that I was preparing for an upcoming move across the country and you have one stressed out bride. Misse helped me to devise a sensible budget and provided lots of ideas an feedback. She was friendly, professional and thorough. I am shocked with a few responses who found Misse to be rude, I feel that Misse is a direct communicator and is anything but rude.

Misse offered suggestions for transportation and coordinated that perfectly. We had several vendors with whom Misse was not familiar with. She still maintained excellent communication with them, making sure everyone was on the same page.

I feel that if you are looking into hiring a day of coordinator you should highly consider Honey Bee Weddings. From the personal attention, vendor suggestions, assistance with program wording, contracts and theme planning to impeccable vendor communication and timeline development you will see that every dollar spent is well worth it.

Sent on 04/30/2012

Armin · Married on 10/01/2011

We are soo glad to have found Sam. She is incredible, our wedding day was fantastic, so much better than I ever anticipated. Sam is extremely reliable, professional, sharp, and has such positive energy. The week prior to our wedding was crazy (as it always is) and she responded to everything logically and worked with us and our venue to make sure it ran smoothly. We can't thank her enough.
    HB Weddings was also a great company to work with, they responded to emails immediately, and had fantastic recommendations for services.

Sent on 12/21/2011

• How many planners are on your team? 4

Real Weddings

• Zuzu's Petals
    Zuzu's Petals Wedding Florists

Misse is great to work with!

• Kio Kreations, LLC
    Kio Kreations, LLC Wedding Florists

Misse at Honeybee Weddings is always a joy to work with on weddings. She is there all day the day of the wedding, helping the bride with all of the details of the day and she works so hard to make everything run perfectly. She is very detail-oriented and just a nice DOC to work with.

• 935 N Ashland Ave. Chicago, IL, 60642 See on map