112 n green chicago, Chicago, IL 60642 Map · Phone number
  • Real Weddings 1

About Honey Bee Weddings

Melissa Daniel started Honey Bee Weddings because she adores weddings. Her experience in event planning began while working for a non-profit. After successfully coordinating many events, a co-worker asked her help in planning an out of state wedding on a bison ranch in Kansas. After the lovely wedding, Melissa realized that she found her calling. Melissa launched her own company, Honey Bee Weddings, in 2007. Her vision came to life within a few months and has been steadily growing.

Melissa has appeared on WCIU, Chicago Social Brides magazine, Brides Chicago magazine, and Get Married magazine as well as Style Me Pretty, 100 Layer Cake, and Elizabeth Anne Designs. Visit the Honey Bee Weddings press page for more details.

Melissa holds a bachelor’s degree in Anthropology as well as a MBA from Loyola University Chicago. Melissa resides in Noble Square with her husband, Denton, and daughter, Francesca.

Waldorf Astoria
lifeonprints
monicaz

23 Reviews for Honey Bee Weddings

• User5172010 · 2+ years ago

My (now) husband and I had the pleasure of meeting Misse a little over a year before our wedding day. We had already selected our church and venue at that point but both decided we were in over our heads when it came to planning everything else. Misse and Honey Bee Weddings were recommended by a fellow bride, and when my husband and I met Misse, we instantly knew she was the right woman for the job. We moved forward with a partial planning and day of package.

Misse is incredibly organized, knowledgable and resourceful. Working with Misse was a very accommodating process as my husband and I had a specific budget for what we wanted to spend with a planner, and Misse helped us tailor a package that met our needs. I am a project manager by profession and consider myself a good planner, but Misse brought it to another level that my husband and I were so grateful for and led to the most perfect day of our lives.

When working with Misse, you'll find her proactive and very responsive. I also need to mention her fabulous sense of style which made planning the decor and our paper suite especially enjoyable! For the day of the wedding, and among a countless number of tasks, Misse created several timelines targeted towards our bridal party and vendors to keep everyone organized and on track - nothing was ahead or behind schedule more than 10 minutes that day! Our wedding would not have been so well coordinated if not for her. My husband and I would stop several times the months leading up to the big day and during our wedding day itself to say, "What would we have done without Misse?"

We absolutely loved working with Misse and her team, and Honey Bee Weddings is HIGHLY recommended for any wedding planning needs. Thank you Misse for everything you did to make our wedding day and the planning process so perfect and memorable!

Sent on 08/16/2015
  • Amy

Amy · Married on 11/01/2012

An amazing job!

I was recently married on March 24, 2012 and was very impressed with the level of services provided by Honey Bee Weddings. My husband is in the military and we were long distance throughout our entire engagement. Planning a wedding here in Chicago while he was in Virginia on a deployment for most of the planning months left me nervous and in need of guidance and support. I met with Misse about 10 months prior to our wedding and hired her for partial, day of coordination services.

I am an organized person but found myself working two jobs which brought me to 60 hours of work a week. Add on to the fact that I was preparing for an upcoming move across the country and you have one stressed out bride. Misse helped me to devise a sensible budget and provided lots of ideas an feedback. She was friendly, professional and thorough. I am shocked with a few responses who found Misse to be rude, I feel that Misse is a direct communicator and is anything but rude.

Misse offered suggestions for transportation and coordinated that perfectly. We had several vendors with whom Misse was not familiar with. She still maintained excellent communication with them, making sure everyone was on the same page.

I feel that if you are looking into hiring a day of coordinator you should highly consider Honey Bee Weddings. From the personal attention, vendor suggestions, assistance with program wording, contracts and theme planning to impeccable vendor communication and timeline development you will see that every dollar spent is well worth it.

Sent on 04/30/2012

thu · Married on 09/10/2011

I loved my DOC, Misse!

Planning a wedding can be a daunting experience and as the months passed by I realized all of my ideas and creativity couldn't be executed by me on the day of our wedding! So, I researched several wedding coordinators and chose Misse for many reasons.

I loved her attention to details and her willingness to make it it the best day ever for the bride. She understood what it takes, as a DOC, to make the bride happy and make the day go smoothly. Her attentiveness reminded me a bit of myself and pushed me to hire her because of how detail oriented I am, I wanted to feel assured someone could execute the day to how I wanted it to look. I felt other DOC's limited themselves and there were stipulations where Misse was very open and when I expressed my concerns, she was so pleasant about everything and had no problems with any of my requests!

The way Misse runs her business is very smart, taking over one week before the actual day is brilliant, whereas others just execute the day of. It really lets the bride be a bride leading up to the best day ever.

I was worried, prior to the wedding, on the overwhelming amount of DIY I had and during our walk through two weeks prior, Misse made me feel so confident in her ability to execute! She made it seem so effortless and easy with all the crazy stuff and decor I had going on! I walked away so carefree and confident

During the rehearsal, she was such great support! As long as the church is willing! The rehearsal can be exciting and overwhelming but Misse remained in control and evenkeeled, what any bride needs! I was too busy meeting, greeting, listening to the church coordinator and Misse had all the details ready to go when needed!

On the wedding day, Misse was amazing! She had everything planned out and was my rock and total support throughout the day! As a bride, it's such a whirlwind and Misse kept everything running smoothly and on time! She checked up on everything, she made sure the hairstylist was at the hotel, the flowers came, when to get dressed, etc. things that slip your mind as a bride, Misse was there thinking for you! At the venue, she executed all the decor to perfection! When we got there during cocktail hour, she walked us through and I was incredibly happy with the results. She worked very well with all the vendors and kept me in the loop all night. She kept me on track with the timelines, checked up to make sure I was o.k., and made sure we were happy!

Overall, it was absolutely AMAZING!!!!! Our day turned out beautiful and perfect! Misse was a driving force behind it all to help us enjoy and revel in our wedded bliss! She was the best choice ever and we couldn't be happier with how our day turned out! She is wonderful, smart, kind, and professional! The perfect choice for any bride looking to have a perfect, relaxing, fun day!

Sent on 09/19/2011

• How many planners are on your team? 4

Real Weddings

• Zuzu's Petals
    Zuzu's Petals Wedding Florists

Misse is great to work with!

• Kio Kreations, LLC
    Kio Kreations, LLC Wedding Florists

Misse at Honeybee Weddings is always a joy to work with on weddings. She is there all day the day of the wedding, helping the bride with all of the details of the day and she works so hard to make everything run perfectly. She is very detail-oriented and just a nice DOC to work with.

• 112 n green chicago Chicago, Illinois, 60642 See on map