100 falling leaf lane, Asheville, NC 28801 Map · Phone number

About Heartfelt Elopements

Heartfelt Elopements by Julia Albertson (The Heartfelt Officiant)

Julia has been a space holder for many years— from teaching yoga and mindfulness to the incarcerated and teenagers in recovery, to facilitating team building workshops for large and small businesses, to mentoring groups on topics such as vulnerability, resilience, and authenticity, Julia finds much joy in working with humans. She is a lover of love, a self proclaimed “word witch”, and an avid storyteller. Constructing a personalized ceremony that truly represents the uniqueness of the love dynamic between the couples that she works with is more than a job, it’s a heartfelt passion.

From Julia:

Hi there! I'm Julia, and I'd love to officiate your elopement or wedding ceremony! I believe that words, when woven together with heart and intention, can truly create magic. For me, words, both written and spoken, are important. I truly feel in my bones that the exchanging of vows is a scared contract that should fill you up with joy, love, and purpose. My goal as an officiant is to pull out the essence of the love that you share as a couple, and turn it into tangible poetry that will leave a mark on your hearts for the rest of your lives. I want to represent you both as individuals, as well as a unified couple, in a way that is genuine to who you are. I truly enjoy getting to know couples, in person or through the web, and taking the time to create a customized and unique ceremony. I am also happy to simply provide a ceremony without in-depth personaliztion, if that is what the couple prefers for the sake of time and ease. Please note that no one ceremony is the same, either way. I love weaving together elements of nature, ancient traditions, and spirituality, without being dogmatic. If you call it God, The Universe, Spirit, or feel unclear as to whether or not a higher power exists, I believe we can create a beautiful ceremony that resonates with you.

Julia is available for non-religious weddings, vow renewals, and unions of all kinds (including LGBTQ couples!) in the mountains of Asheville and surrounding areas. Julia makes the process very simple, and enjoys connecting with couples prior to the ceremony to best understand their love and commitment to one another. Other services Heartfelt Elopements offer include the following:

• Consultation

Heartfelt Elopements 1
Heartfelt Elopements 2
Heartfelt Elopements 3

Dillon King · Married on 05/06/2019

Julia is an AMAZING officiant!

Julia was a fantastic officiant! She let us customize a lot of the ceremony to exactly what we wanted and she added so many amazing personal touches. She corresponded with us a lot before the ceremony and really took the time to get to know us as a couple and really personalized our ceremony for us. We were so happy with our wedding and absolutely recommend Julia!!

Sent on 05/27/2019

Heartfelt Elopements's reply:

Thank you so so much Dillon! You and Roy were such a pleasure to work with. I loved witnessing your love!
  • Maria

Maria · Married on 04/23/2019

Beautiful, moving, ceremony!

We could not have been happier with Julia, our officiant. We had an intimate destination wedding on top of Black Balsam Knob in Asheville with our daughters and immediate family. We are a blended family with two young daughters so it was important to us that our ceremony be about the four of us.

Julia's ceremony was everything we could have hoped for. She herself is a sweet, kind thoughtful soul, and her ceremony was exactly that. She worked with me to incorporate our daughters into the ceremony as my husband and I each read vows to them. She also suggested a sand ceremony to blend our family and it was beautiful.

She made sure that we literally stopped to acknowledge where we were, to take a moment and really breathe it all in. There was no rushing. She wanted to be share we enjoyed every precious second. Weddings go so incredibly fast and she took the time to make sure we were present in that very special moment.

Julia took the time to get to know what was important to us and the ceremony she prepared reflected that completely. There was not a dry eye on the mountain when we finally said I Do!

Hearfelt Elopements is a fitting name because you can tell that Julia truly puts so much thought and emotion into her ceremonies and I will recommend her to anyone! So thankful to have found her!

Sent on 05/02/2019
    Heartfelt Elopements 4

Heartfelt Elopements's reply:

Maria, thank you so much for your wonderful and kind review. It made me cry! Sending so much love to you and Brian and your beautiful girls.

Rebecca Smith · Married on 04/06/2019

Julia was one of the best decisions we made!

Julia was truly one of the best decisions we made for our elopement in Asheville! She was so supportive, understanding, and engaged through our first introductory meeting to after our ceremony. During the planning process, she asked my husband and I questions about ourselves and our relationship that she used to craft the ceremony. She was also very accommodating to all of our requests about what to include or not include. During the actual ceremony, she blew us away with a beautiful speech that truly captured the spirit of our relationship and who we are as individuals and as a couple. She also had us take a moment of mindfulness at the beginning of the ceremony that helped ground us and allowed us to be present in the experience. We never would have thought to ask for that, but it was something we definitely needed to help calm our nerves and actually experience and appreciate everything. Finally, throughout the ceremony, she was so helpful and supportive, from holding flowers to reassuring us that it was okay to stumble during our vows, all of which allowed us to truly enjoy our wedding and focus on each other. We loved working with her and highly recommend her.

Sent on 04/13/2019
    Heartfelt Elopements 5

Heartfelt Elopements's reply:

Oh my goodness, Rebecca, my eyes turned into faucets! Thank you, from the bottom of my heart, for your lovely words— it feels so good to be seen. I loved working with you and Michael so much! It couldn’t have been a better evening! Congrats, you two!

Heartfelt Elopements FAQ

• What is the typical price for your wedding services? $ 450.00
  • What is the starting price for your wedding services? $ 300.00
  • Does starting price include the ceremony rehearsal? No
  • What is the starting price for ceremony rehearsals? $ 100.00
  • What is the starting price for pre-marital counseling (per session)? $ 80.00
  • What types of weddings and events do you provide services for? Non-religious, Ceremony Rehearsal, Vow Renewal, Civil Union
  • What services do you provide? Allow Couples' Own Vows, Licensed, Premarital Counseling
  • What religious affiliations do you serve? Agnostic, Buddhist, Earth-Based, No Denomination
  • In which states are you licensed? AL, AK, AZ, AR, CA, CO, CT, DE, DC, FL, GA, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NV, NH, NJ, NM, NY, NC, ND, OH, OK, OR, PA, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, WA, WV, WI, WY
  • What languages do you speak? English