174 Bellevue Avenue Suite 310, Newport, RI 02840 Map · Phone number
  • Real Weddings 1

About greenlion design

Greenlion has a highly detailed appoach to floral design, all while maintaining a down-to-earth approach. The “green” before the “lion” celebrates all that is organic and sustainable. Greenlion avoids floral foam, composts all floral waste and offers ways to donate your florals post-event. Contact us for a personable and enjoyable experience. Happy planning.

Follow greenlion design on

metallics farm wedding inspiration 3
09 27heatherdaniel0236
m1a8258
greenlion design
barros racheotes wedding barros racheotes wedding
Snap! photography

Real Weddings 6 Photos

95 Reviews for greenlion design

Cammie · Married on 01/19/2020

Transcendent

We cannot speak more highly of our experience with Greenlion. Many parts of planning a wedding become tedious and stressful but working through the floral design process with Kim and Chris was, quite simply, a joy. We were initially hesitant to contact them because their services looked out of our price-range, but Kim and Chris happily worked with us to keep costs reasonable while still producing the most beautiful, special florals that I have ever seen. After sitting down with Kim to discuss ideas (probably the most fun wedding meeting we had), we knew that she understood our vision and felt completely comfortable letting Greenlion loose to create for us! And wow, the results were spectacular.

From the smallest details up to the overall atmosphere, Greenlion worked magic for our mid-winter celebration. The bouquets incorporated dried elements, branchy bits, and seed pods alongside fresh greenery and cream and sunset-kissed blooms. I was in heaven sniffing the sweet peas all afternoon! The boutonnieres were little dried treasures, and they even made a mini-boutonniere on a safety pin for our four-year-old nephew. On the dinner tables, they mixed greenery, dried elements, and white blooms in playful glass vessels, creating loose, organic, and unusual arrangements.

Beyond these wonderful details, Kim and Chris transformed two spaces for us, creating the atmosphere we sought. For the ceremony, they constructed a wild, organic hanging arbor to turn a simple, rustic hoop house into an ethereal space. And they transformed the barn where we held the reception into the warm, cozy, and glowing space that we had dreamed of for our dark, winter wedding. The candlelight, particularly the reflections on the taper candle hurricanes, was pure magic. Multiple guests told me that they actually gasped when they entered the barn because it was so special.

So, please, look no further for your wedding. Kim and Chris are artists, designers, and magic-makers, but also completely professional, organized, and responsive. You’ll be SO glad you worked with them.

Sent on 02/13/2020

Kimberly Hornung · Married on 08/25/2019

The BEST experience working with Kim and Chris

Kim and Chris are AMAZING and made wedding planning so easy and fun. From the minute I started working with Kim I knew I was in the best hands and I had complete and utter trust in her. It was like she could get inside my head and see my vision- she is truly the best. The flowers and decor at our wedding were exactly what we wanted! She and her husband Chris are so fun to work with and are true professionals. I HIGHLY recommend them, they are truly an amazing team and put their heart in soul into their work!

Sent on 09/20/2019

Rachel · Married on 08/10/2019

Absolutely magical

Wow. We never get over the magic that Kim and Chris created for our wedding.

Greenlion was the first vendor we booked for our wedding. I absolutely fell in love with them from our first conversation, both as people and their creative vision. I was not 100% set on even getting married in Newport, but once I found Greenlion it was game over. Kim was so kind and talked to me multiple times on the phone to discuss the entire vision (not even just the flowers) before we had even booked to help me solidify my decision to get married in Newport. Boy, did they deliver. We had the absolutely best time creating our vision for the wedding together. From start to finish they made me feel like the only bride they were working with (even though I know there were many!) We were constantly talking and sending ideas back and forth to each other - Kim was genuinely excited every time we thought of something new. They were honestly more than just our florist throughout this whole process, they were friends and always there for us. Even my husband trusted their taste so much that anytime I wasn’t sure about anything (even if it had nothing to do with the flowers) he would say “ask Kim!” I had absolutely 0 stress leading up to and throughout our wedding because I knew I was in good hands with Kim and Chris. We dreamt up using orange as a pop color for a unique touch which could have been a risky decision, but I trusted Kim and Chris so much and they executed beyond my wildest dreams. They understood my husband and I and created the most perfect, magical atmosphere for us to celebrate our marriage. It was so unique, special, and gorgeous. I almost fell on the floor when I saw the venue that day! Kim and Chris single handedly created the wedding out our dreams. Our guests cannot stop talking about how special everything was, and we owe so much of that that to Greenlion.

Kim and Chris, thank you for everything. We are forever grateful. xx

Sent on 09/08/2019

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

greenlion design FAQ

• How would you describe your floral designs?
    Classic
    Eclectic
    Romantic
    Rustic
    Vintage
  • Which of the following services do you provide?
    Clean Up
    Delivery
    Set Up
  • What types of arrangements do you provide?
    Aisle Decor
    Non-Floral
    Single Flowers

1 Real Wedding

• Em Devaud Events LLC Wedding Planners

If you are looking for a florist who brings passion, care, expertise and incredible style to any wedding-- Greenlion Weddings is for you! Kim has the incredible talent of breathing life into anyone's vision. Absolutely superb in every way!

• Confectionery Designs Wedding Cakes

Always a pleasure to work with.

• Erin McGinn Photography Wedding Photographers

Kim's designs are so visually stunning and unique, I am always inspired. From wild and free bouquets to vintage style centerpieces, she aways has a view that is a little untraditional and completely WOW. Everything from her execution to presentation of product is perfection and her calm and laid back personality will but your planning nerves at ease immediately.

• 174 Bellevue Avenue, Suite 310 Newport, 02840 See on map
    By appointment only.
    Location of (greenlion design)