greenlion design Reviews

greenlion design 6
greenlion design 7

Kimberly Hornung · Married on 08/25/2019

The BEST experience working with Kim and Chris

Kim and Chris are AMAZING and made wedding planning so easy and fun. From the minute I started working with Kim I knew I was in the best hands and I had complete and utter trust in her. It was like she could get inside my head and see my vision- she is truly the best. The flowers and decor at our wedding were exactly what we wanted! She and her husband Chris are so fun to work with and are true professionals. I HIGHLY recommend them, they are truly an amazing team and put their heart in soul into their work!

Sent on 09/20/2019
    greenlion design 8
    greenlion design 9
    greenlion design 10
    greenlion design 11
    greenlion design 12

Rachel · Married on 08/10/2019

Absolutely magical

Wow. We never get over the magic that Kim and Chris created for our wedding.

Greenlion was the first vendor we booked for our wedding. I absolutely fell in love with them from our first conversation, both as people and their creative vision. I was not 100% set on even getting married in Newport, but once I found Greenlion it was game over. Kim was so kind and talked to me multiple times on the phone to discuss the entire vision (not even just the flowers) before we had even booked to help me solidify my decision to get married in Newport. Boy, did they deliver. We had the absolutely best time creating our vision for the wedding together. From start to finish they made me feel like the only bride they were working with (even though I know there were many!) We were constantly talking and sending ideas back and forth to each other - Kim was genuinely excited every time we thought of something new. They were honestly more than just our florist throughout this whole process, they were friends and always there for us. Even my husband trusted their taste so much that anytime I wasn’t sure about anything (even if it had nothing to do with the flowers) he would say “ask Kim!” I had absolutely 0 stress leading up to and throughout our wedding because I knew I was in good hands with Kim and Chris. We dreamt up using orange as a pop color for a unique touch which could have been a risky decision, but I trusted Kim and Chris so much and they executed beyond my wildest dreams. They understood my husband and I and created the most perfect, magical atmosphere for us to celebrate our marriage. It was so unique, special, and gorgeous. I almost fell on the floor when I saw the venue that day! Kim and Chris single handedly created the wedding out our dreams. Our guests cannot stop talking about how special everything was, and we owe so much of that that to Greenlion.

Kim and Chris, thank you for everything. We are forever grateful. xx

Sent on 09/08/2019
  • Alexandra

Alexandra Brody · Married on 07/14/2019

Perfection

Chris and Kim were AMAZING during the planning process from the beginning, all the way to the wedding day. They are complete experts in what they do and have the best eye. Although I had envisioned some flowers that were out of season, Kim was able to quickly throw out some extremely close alternatives. I felt so comfortable giving them little direction (I didn’t have a strict vision) and allowing them to fill in the blanks with free creative reign, and it turned out absolutely perfectly. I knew I wanted wild flowers and bright colors, and the arrangements were put together so perfectly - I had never seen something so beautiful.

They were also very creative - I had wanted hanging plants, which was going to be out of my budget, but Chris had built some stands for the table that were thin and created that floating illusion. They also had various props (like table numbers) which really helped take some of the stress of when thinking about all the little details (one less thing to do!!). I would highly recommend them to everyone - I couldn’t think of my day being any more perfect and I attribute a lot to them and their creativity, amazing personalities, and ability to create such a beautiful space that I could have never dreamed up myself. THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Sent on 08/24/2019
  • Chelsea

Chelsea · Married on 05/26/2019

Belle Mer Wedding

I cannot speak highly enough of Greenlion! They were extremely easy to work with and immediately understood my vision. I couldn't have been happier the day of my wedding seeing how the florals transformed the venue exactly as I had envisioned. Guests are still commenting on how amazing and unique the arrangements and installments were! We are so appreciative to Kim and Chris for making our day even more special!

Sent on 07/16/2019

Sarah Romanoff · Married on 05/19/2019

The best there is!

Greenlion Design is everything you dream about when it comes to florals. Kim is not only the easiest and nicest person to work with, but everything she touches is perfection. The wedding was even more beautiful that I could have imagined of thanks to Kim's incredible hard work and creativity.

Sent on 07/08/2019
    greenlion design 13
    greenlion design 14
    greenlion design 15
    greenlion design 16

Emily · Married on 05/18/2019

The absolute best!

The flowers were the item about our wedding that I was the most excited about. I had really high expectations and Kim and Chris absolutely blew them away!! They are creative, thoughtful, kind & supportive ... creating the flowers of your dreams & making your wedding/reception a magical, dreamy space! I cannot recommend them enough!!!! If you want perfection - hire greenlion!!

Sent on 05/24/2019
  • Laurel

Laurel · Married on 12/08/2018

Pure Magic.

Greenlion exceeds expectations. Don't let Kims humble demeanor fool you. She is an artist. Chris and Kim made our wedding dreams come true and more...as soon as I met with Kim, 19 months ago, I knew she just got me and wanted to create something special and that she did. It makes me emotional thinking back on the feeling I had when I entered my ceremony space prior to the ceremony, holding my then, fiances hand. We were floored. Kim and Chris will not disappoint. Not only are they floral geniuses but they are incredibly nice and authentic people. I only had the real pleasure of meeting Kim but I saw what Chris did behind the scenes. They make a great team. I would hire them over and over and over again. Thank you Kim and Chris. xo, Laurel & Marco

Sent on 12/24/2018

Amanda and Jason Hochman · Married on 10/21/2018

Stunning Floral Creations with a Personalized Touch

I can't say enough good things about Greenlion. Kim and Chris are extremely talented and put a personal touch on every floral creation they make. They only do one wedding a day and it absolutely shows as they put immense time and effort into everything they do. Kim and Chris took the time to understand exactly what I wanted and executed my vision flawlessly. They were a pleasure to work with and I would recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 10/21/2018
    greenlion design 17
    greenlion design 18
    greenlion design 19
    greenlion design 20

Kelly Pappas · Married on 10/11/2018

Best descison you’ll make besides the groom!

Greenlion’s work absolutely blew me away on my wedding day. Everyone still raves about the flower arrangements, candles, lanterns, disconnected arbor, etc.—basically ALL the pieces Greenlion provided for our wedding. If you work with Greenlion Design, you are working with the DREAM TEAM, may I repeat, DREAM TEAM. Kim and Chris are not only exceptional at what they do, they are visionary and can even make custom pieces for your wedding. Greenlion was also my favorite vendor to work with throughout the wedding process--which isn't a knock to any of my wonderful vendors but I just really enjoyed talking through and planning the overall aesthetic with Kim. From a business perspective, they are extremely organized, transparent and communicate very well. Greenlion does only 1 wedding a day so you don't have to worry about them getting pre-occupied with another's wedding on your special day. On the day of my wedding I was simply blown away with their work. I would recommend Greenlion to anyone and absolutely everyone!!!

Sent on 10/17/2018
    greenlion design 21
    greenlion design 22
    greenlion design 23
    greenlion design 24
    greenlion design 25
    greenlion design 26

Justine · Married on 09/15/2018

Kim and her team are INCREDIBLE!!

Kim's style is stunning! She took my vision and made it even more magical than I could have ever imagined. From the moment we first emailed, to the design meeting, to the day of, Kim was responsive, patient, positive, professional, and extremely helpful! She made suggestions on how to give our day that WOW factor without being pushy or exceeding our budget! Every detail was thoughtfully and perfectly executed - I can't stress enough how valuable she was to our wedding day (and my sanity!)! Booking GreenLion will be the best decision you make during your planning!!

Sent on 10/17/2018
    greenlion design 27
    greenlion design 28

Courtney · Married on 09/08/2018

So much more than flowers

I can’t say enough about greenlion! We came to Kim with a very vague idea of what we wanted our wedding flowers to look like. She was able to take our thoughts and transform them into something magical! Greenlion created our whole wedding vibe, sharing insights and guiding us through choosing linens, lighting, and so much more. Kim was available to answer all of our questions and was very attentive to all of our concerns. She has a warm, honest, and open approach, treating her clients like old friends. Kim has an uncanny ability to really connect with people. This personal touch mixed with her amazing partner, Chris and a whole lot of talent is what makes greenlion exceptional.

Sent on 10/20/2018
    greenlion design 33
    greenlion design 34

Kristen Peters · Married on 09/02/2018

Kim is a floral genius!

Kim is a floral genius! She is not only the sweetest human alive but you can really tell she cares and loves her job! Kim added thoughtful touches to the wedding that I didn't even know I wanted and I felt like she was a design partner even beyond the flowers. could not recommend her more!

Sent on 10/18/2018

Jenna · Married on 08/19/2018

Always choose Greenlion Design for your florist. Kim and Chris are an incredible team, they will make your dreams come true.
    While planning my wedding flowers with Greenlion (Kim & Chris) it was an enjoyable experience, I'm actually sad it's over... I was never stressed or worried about the outcome, during the process we were always on the same page. Kim and Chris took the time to get to know me and my style -- they felt inspired by my vision.
    I always hear stories from friends that got married that their flowers didn't turn out exactly how they wanted. Well, with Greenlion they will turn out exactly how you want. Kim and Chris will listen, they will give ideas and they will execute your vision flawlessly.
    You will not be disappointed in using Greenlion as your florist, they will always make the best day of your life as magical as it possibly can be.
    I will be a Greenlion design customer for eternity.
    xx

Sent on 08/28/2018
    greenlion design 35
    greenlion design 36
    greenlion design 37
    greenlion design 38

Jennifer · Married on 07/07/2018

Greenlion is the most amazing florist I interviewed by far. I was so nervous she would already be booked for my wedding date, so I secured her as soon as possible. None of the other florists in the area of Newport came even close to comparing with Kim and Chris and their incredible talents! Kim is very good at talking with you and hearing your ideas and is able to create floral creations that even surpass your wildest flower dreams! Kim met with us in her office and showed is examples of all of the different votives, vases, and candles we could rent. She had plenty of photos easily accessible by an oversized IPAD making them easy to see. I will be the first to say that my mom was a bit of a handful. She knows her stuff on flowers too and had many preferences (some I didn't even agree with!) Kim was patient with us as we came to compromises we all loved. We had many conference calls going over the details over and over. Kim never got frustrated with us! We also made several changes and they immediately updated our invoices and all other paperwork. My mom wanted to pay for the flowers on her own. Kim understood my mother's budget constraints and helped us get to our desired price point by thinking smart about repurposing, etc. Kim wanted to be creative with our escort cards and was able to make it work with our venue Belle Mer. While I know very little about flowers....I am in awe of Kim and Chris. They are so talented and LOVE what the do!

Sent on 07/23/2018
  • Selin

Selin Schilberg · Married on 06/24/2018

Greenlion Design will make your dream come true!

Greenlion design is a professional, responsive, talented team that dedicates themselves for the day to make your dreams come true. From the initial phone call with Kim she made you feel at ease and comfortable throughout the entire wedding planning process. She is extremely knowledgeable and creative. She listens to what you are asking for and delivers. We had talked about how my family background of being Turkish was important to me and Greenlion Incorporated tulips throughout the venue, a subtle touch that meant the world to me! I would recommend Greenlion to anyone and everyone, you will not be disappointed! Their work is absolutely amazing!

Sent on 11/17/2018
  • KATIE

KATIE · Married on 05/26/2018

The best of the best!

Working with Kim and Chris from Greenlion was the best decision we could have ever made for our wedding. We first met Kim over the phone and then had an in person meeting at their lovely space in Newport. Every conversation with Kim was a breeze. She was so understanding of our wants/needs, while also provided us with her expert opinion/invaluable experience at every point. We asked for romantic/classic, but also modern. What Greenlion created was not only exactly what we asked for, but it was more perfect than we could have ever imagined. From the immaculate details to the grand table settings, and where to begin with how they designed the arbor at Castle Hill Inn (it was a piece of floral art)… Greenlion delivered! They are the best at what they do and their talent is limitless. The mother of the bride even came down on the day of to check everything was going smoothly and Kim took the time to come over and say hello. So hands on and kind. What more could you ask from your wedding florist? Then when I (the bride) walked into the tent for the first time and saw what Greenlion had created for us, I was literally brought to tears at how beautiful it was. Like walking through a fairytale. We have not stopped hearing compliments from our guests and I truly believe the flowers are something everyone will remember forever. Our wedding wouldn’t have been the day that it was without Greenlion. If you get the opportunity to work with them you should absolutely take it. We could not recommend them more highly.

Sent on 02/18/2019
    greenlion design 39
    greenlion design 40
    greenlion design 41
    greenlion design 42

Ellen · Married on 05/18/2018

Kim worked with us from the very beginning of our planning and was very patient and enthusiastic as we made changes. The final outcome of my daughter's wedding at Castle Hill inn was everything she had imagined and more with much credit to Green Lion and Co!

Sent on 09/26/2018

Andrea · Married on 11/11/2017

We enthusiastically recommend Greenlion after having the pleasure of working with Kim and Chris on our wedding day flowers. They were extremely helpful throughout the planning process - from pulling together inspirational photos from our ideas to creating the most breathtaking bouquets, boutonnieres, and arrangements for our wedding ceremony and reception. They will work with you to create unique, GORGEOUS, and picture perfect arrangements. We were elated with their creative talent! They are also very easy to work with - they're kind, thoughtful, responsive, and calming. We didn't have to think twice about our flowers on our wedding day because they handled all of the details seamlessly behind the scenes.

Sent on 12/13/2017

Victoria · Married on 10/14/2017

Greenlion Design is beyond excellent! We had the pleasure of working with Kim and Chris throughout 2017 to plan our wedding floral vision at The Castle Hill Inn. Greenlion Design presents a unique style, creative inspiration, and a warm and inviting partnership, choosing them was our privilege. From our first concept meeting, Kim and Chris were prepared with a visual display board including possible floral options for our big day. Creating a floral plan with them didn't seem like work at all, they have the ability to create an honest partnership with their clients and treat them like family. Above all, they make you feel like their only client and provide meticulous attention to detail, innovated ideas and honest feedback. I was quite composed on my wedding day but managed to get emotional when Kim arrived with my bouquet. I was overwhelmed not only by her beautiful work but with her spirit that I had thoroughly enjoyed working with throughout the entire wedding process. Greenlion created my fairytale wedding day and I am fortunate to have had the pleasure of working with them, you should too!

Sent on 01/04/2018
    greenlion design 49
    greenlion design 50
    greenlion design 51

Alexandra · Married on 10/08/2017

This couple. This duo - stole my heart. From the moment I met Kim in her super chic showroom, she made me feel like I was the only bride in the world. Everything she showed me - from the floral scheme to the table setting - was EXACTLY what I had always envisioned to a T. Kim and Chris are truly unique craftsmen. They take pride in each and every flower they work with and as a result their creations are not only breathtaking but memorable. I had people asking me all night who had done my florals - they even created a massive "flower wall" that acted as the backdrop for all of our photo moments. I highly recommend Greenlion as they are without a doubt the most creative and TALENTED florists you will find in the New England area and beyond.

PS - miss you Kim!!!

Sent on 02/15/2018

Jordan · Married on 09/07/2017

We worked with Kim and Chris from greenlion design for our wedding in September, 2017 and it was phenomenal! We did weeks and weeks of research, met with more vendors than I would've liked, and not one wowed us with unique style and beautiful arrangements like greenlion. Throughout the planning process, Kim and Chris helped develop our color palette and gave us honest and genuine suggestions when we had trouble making decisions (and there were lots of those!) On the day of our wedding, my husband and I were blown away with their work. Kim and Chris completely encapsulated our personalities and vision, delivering a more beautiful day then we even could imagine. We are still in awe of how phenomenal everything came together and honestly cannot highly recommend greenlion design enough. Thank you so much Kim and Chris for making our wedding day more beautiful than we ever could have imagined!

Sent on 11/29/2017

Allison · Married on 08/12/2017

If you're getting married in Newport, you need to get your flowers from Greenlion. Kim is brilliant and people are still talking about the floral arrangements weeks after the wedding. I didn't have a Pinterest board or many inspiration photos, but Kim was able to take what I said in conversation and work her magic to bring it to life!! The flowers were even better than I expected (and I had high expectations). Also, Kim is super nice and sweet and is a pleasure to work with. THANKS KIM AND CHRIS!!!

Sent on 09/05/2017

Brianne · Married on 07/21/2017

I could not imagine having worked with a better florist for my wedding, Kim and Chris were able to see my dream and make it a reality. PLUS working with Kim & Chris was a fun, relaxing experience which is needed during wedding planning! Everything turned out perfectly and as a bride I was not stressed or concerned in the least bit that it would. Kim is trust worthy of making any bride's dream wedding come true.

Sent on 09/19/2017

Dani · Married on 07/16/2017

I am not a big flowers person, so when it came to finding a wedding florist I was totally overwhelmed. When I found greenlion's website, complete with pictures of their dogs, I was continually drawn back to it even after building a list of other florists. I chatted with Kim on the phone and when I said "I don't know a whole lot about flowers so I'm not sure what to tell you that I like," she reassured me that we would figure it out! I sent her my Pinterest board of floral inspiration and she put together some ideas for me that I fell in love with. I wanted small, natural looking arrangements on the tables and bouquets with greenery that weren't too large since I am a petite person. We rented a chuppah from greenlion which was the only florals/decor we had for the ceremony and it was absolutely breathtaking. Kim and company did an amazing job on the bouquets, boutonnieres, and table arrangements - my request was that they look natural and complement our venue, which they absolutely nailed. Plus, now I can name a couple kinds of flowers that I like! :) Kim was always available to answer questions and give me new ideas when she thought of something. She was incredibly flexible with changing the number of arrangements when our number of tables went down, and was able to repurpose a lot of flowers in other places between ceremony/cocktail hour/reception as well as incorporating family heirlooms in my bouquet and on the chuppah. For me, as a person who doesn't really care that much about flowers, I was absolutely stunned at how beautiful everything was and I loved every bit of blossoms and greenery we had. Thanks, Kim and everyone at greenlion!

Sent on 07/25/2017

Madeleine · Married on 06/02/2017

Kim is amazing to work with! I described my vision for my bouquet, the centerpieces, and the pew designs for the church and Kim's work completely blew me away. She captured my vision and produced absolutely unique and breathtaking designs. She is very easy to get in touch with and was willing to work with me whenever I had small adjustments or changes. She is truly a visionary and I couldn't have even dreamed of what she came up with for my wedding. Everyone raved about all of the floral components at the wedding and I am so glad I got the chance to work with Kim! Go with Greenlion, your wedding will be magazine-worthy, and you won't regret it.

Sent on 06/19/2017