146 N. Thompson Ave., Nipomo, CA 93444 Map · Phone number
  • Real Weddings 2

About Field to Table Catering & Events

Owned and operated by Tracy Labastida, Field to Table gets its name from Tracy’s life journey from a farmer turned chef. Though the company was started in August of 2013, our roots are deep in both agriculture as well as the kitchen. Our close ties with local farmers are vital to sourcing the fresh produce that we are so fortunate to have access to on the Central Coast.

Tracy started working in produce fields in the Santa Ynez Valley at a young age, and later his interests shifted from growing the produce, to cooking it. It's been his vision ever since to create a company that sources local ingredients to craft amazing, mouth watering menus and that provides excellent service on the days that matter most to people. These events range from intimate dinners, to weddings, to winery events and non-profit events.

Field to Table has grown to be a true labor of love; a true reflection of Tracy’s vision. Our crew is more like family, and our family loves being there to bring our clients' families together. We take pride in offering full service catering throughout the planning process and all the way through the day of the event. Because everyone’s vision and palate are truly unique, our menus are customized for every client. From in home and venue tastings, walk-throughs, décor set up, and the smallest of details, Field to Table Catering & Events will be your concierge, directing you from beginning to end, from planning to clean-up.

Follow Field to Table Catering & Events on

Other couples have also viewed

• Bottles & Ice, Bar Service
15013554388964229254972346134178452371373o

42 Reviews for Field to Table Catering & Events

• Emily

Emily · Married on 04/03/2021

Hands-down, the best caterers in California

Field To Table was the first vendor we booked after finalizing our venue and date. I'd had their food at weddings before, and it was always exceptional, especially for wedding meals, which aren't always great because of the production on a large scale. But time and time again, I enjoyed some of the tastiest dishes I'd ever enjoyed ANYWHERE at weddings where Field To Table was the caterer! So we booked them as soon as possible for our own celebration.

At our menu tasting a few months before the big day, I knew I'd be happy with the choices, but my now-husband, dad, and wedding planner were also raving about each course coming out of the kitchen. Additionally, Field To Table's kitchen and tasting room in Nipomo are so lovely and a great, welcoming environment. It was such a fun part of the planning process to meet with Tracy and Alex and preview our wedding menu! I dreamed about our hors d'oeuvres (coconut milk ceviche, goat cheese croquettes, and ahi poke were my favorites) and the main course of macadamia nut crusted mahi mahi with creamed corn risotto -- just TYPING that makes me hungry for one of the most delicious dishes ever! On the wedding day, I refused to let servers clear my plate because I insisted on finishing my risotto after getting pulled away for sunset portraits and our first dance.

Field To Table also catered our rehearsal dinner (our guests are STILL talking about the zuppa toscana!) and late-night snacks at the wedding. My husband and I stood over the kitchen island at our venue after all our guests had left and enjoyed the leftover grilled cheese sandwiches with tomato soup -- YUM. I might have just been hungry after all the excitement of the evening, but I'm convinced that was the best grilled cheese I've ever had.

I'm pretty sure our guests will be talking about the food for years to come; Field To Table delivered the most incredible culinary experience for our loved ones, and we'll be forever grateful to them for taking such good care of us!! They went above and beyond, and I enthusiastically recommend them to ANYONE and EVERYONE hosting a wedding or event on the Central California Coast.

Sent on 04/15/2021
  • Zoe

Zoe H. · Married on 01/10/2021

My guests were shocked!

Field to Table created the most amazing culinary experience that I could have imagined for my wedding day. First, they worked with my fiance and me to create a personalized menu that was both inventive and fit into our budget perfectly. Then, Alex continued communication with us consistently approaching the wedding day. Once, the day arrived, I cannot even begin to explain how amazing the food was. We had a family-style dinner that included sea bass, New York strip, seasonal veggies, risotto, two salads, and four unique hor d'oeuvres. All the food came out hot and in perfect timing. Many of the guests were shocked that it just kept coming! Plates full of steak and veggies covered the tables! It was seriously one of my favorite moments of the wedding day to see everyone light up at all this amazing food being set in front of them. Many people said it was the best food they ever had at a wedding. Cannot recommend F2T enough!

Sent on 01/27/2021
  • Alicemholmes

Alicemholmes · Married on 09/05/2020

Amazing experience & dishes ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

The menu F2T created was absolutely incredible. Locally sourced, family style dishes that our guests could not stop talking about. Food can be often overlooked, overpriced, and usually quickly forgotten after weddings. However, with F2T it was the absolute opposite. They brought a simple sophistication to our Wedding that really shined through in every dish. The food was fresh, flavorful, and so delicious because of their attention to detail and quality of ingredients. If you want to be confident that your event’s food will be remembered in the best way possible, there is nothing better than F2T. We could not recommended them more for any special occasion. We only wish they would open a restaurant near us so we could eat this food more often! Thanks guys!

Sent on 11/08/2020

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

Field to Table Catering & Events FAQ

• What is the average catering price per person for plated service?
    $ 90.00
  • What is the average catering price per person for buffet service?
    $ 65.00
  • What is the average catering price per person for stations?
    $ 70.00
    Set Up
    Clean Up
    Cake Cutting
    Cocktail Reception
    Server(s)
    Tastings
  • What event services do you provide?
    Set Up
    Clean Up
  • What catering services do you provide?
    Breakfast / Brunch
    Plated
    Server(s)
    Stations
    Tastings
  • What dietary needs can you accommodate?
    Gluten Free
    Vegan
    Vegetarian

2 Real Weddings

• Portola Inn Hotel Weddings

Food with a great local faire. Easy caterer to work with.

• Come Alive Entertainment Wedding Bands

We always look forward to a wedding that Field to Table is catering. Not only is the food delicious and beautifully presented, but the staff is always professional and courteous. Highly recommend!

• 146 N. Thompson Ave. Nipomo, CA, 93444 See on map
    805-474-5719 (Phone number)
    8054745719 (Other Phone Number)
    Location of (Field to Table Catering & Events)

Field to Table Catering & Events frequently asked questions

At Field to Table Catering & Events, what does the full wedding catering service cost include?

At Field to Table Catering & Events, the cost of the full wedding catering service includes:

• Set Up
  • Clean Up
  • Cake Cutting
  • Cocktail Reception
  • Server(s)
  • Tastings

What event services does Field to Table Catering & Events offer for weddings?

Field to Table Catering & Events offers the following event services for weddings:

• Set Up
  • Clean Up

What catering services does Field to Table Catering & Events provide for weddings?

Field to Table Catering & Events offers the following catering services for weddings:

• Breakfast / Brunch
  • Plated
  • Server(s)
  • Stations
  • Tastings

What dietary needs can be accomodated at Field to Table Catering & Events?

At Field to Table Catering & Events, the following dietary needs can be accomodated:

• Gluten Free
  • Lactose Free
  • No Pork
  • Nut Free
  • Organic
  • Vegan
  • Vegetarian

What percentage of users recommend Field to Table Catering & Events and which are the most valued aspects of their wedding services?

Field to Table Catering & Events is recommended by 100% of couples who have used their services. Their overall rating is 5.0, with the same score awarded for quality of service, flexibility, value, professionalism and average response time.