Portola Inn

$5k - $6k For 100 Guests
Up to 100 guests

$5k - $6k For 100 Guests
Up to 100 guests

Portola Inn is an elegant, historic wedding venue located in Atascadero, California. With the incredible hosts, Peggy and Tom O’Malley, all clients are sure to have the wedding of their dreams with their magical touch of care and detailed planning.

Facilities and Capacity
This event space will host up to 125 guests. The romantic, natural setting offers strolls through the gardens and majestic oaks with plenty of natural sunlight. They also have their Carriage House, ideal for live bands, dinner, and dancing, with professional dance floor. Couples may choose to have an outdoor wedding in the enchanting Oak Tree Garden.

Portola Inn is a full-service wedding venue. They are with you during every step to help plan the best day of your life. Their services include:

• Accommodations
  • Tables
  • Setup/cleanup
  • Parking

History
The Apricot Orchard was planted in1913 and is still producing Apricots used in Peggy's specialty, Apricot French Toast. The home was Built in 1927 for Harry and Minnie Peterson; Harry was one of the first businessmen in town. The historic house's interior ironwork was made by their friend Edward Trinkkeller who also created ironwork at Hearst Castle. Peggy and Tom continue to use local artists and craftspersons to maintain their home. Depicting life from various time periods, they feature many historic items, including artifacts from the Colony Holding Company Blacksmith's shop, Stoltey's Malt shop, and other historic recreations.

• Woman-owned

Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue?

What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during peak season?

$1,750

What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during off-peak season?

$1,750

Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue?

What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during peak season?

$1,750

What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during off-peak season?

$1,750

Which of the following are included in starting site fee?

Bridal Suite
Chairs
Clean Up
Event Planning
Linens
Parking
Set Up
Tables

What is the starting price per person for bar service?

$5

Which of the following are included in the starting price for bar service?

Champagne Toast

What is the maximum capacity of your venue?

What is the minimum number of guests required to book your venue?

How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer?

Describe your venue:

Garden
Historic Building
Inn/B&B

What kind of settings are available?

Indoor
Uncovered Outdoor
Scenic Views

Which of the following wedding events does your venue service?

Ceremony
Reception
Bridal Shower
Engagement Party
Elopements
Rehearsal Dinner

What event services do you offer?

Accommodations
Outside Vendors
Pet Friendly
Set Up
Wifi

What bar services do you provide?

Champagne Toast

What event items are available?

Aisle Markers
Altar/Arch
Chairs
Dance Floor
Decor
Lighting
Tables

What food and beverage items are available?

Linens

What transportation and access is available?

Parking
Wheelchair Access

What months are included in your peak season?

April
May
June
July
August
September
October

What months are included in your off-peak season?

January

Any other questions?

Message vendor

Michelle W. Getting married on 10/08/2022

Scored my wedding date

I have scored my perfect wedding date for the 8th of October, 2022. I received excellent counseling on where to go to from here. I can't wait for my special day!

Portola Inn's reply:

Thank you so much Michelle! We are looking forward to hosting your 2022 wedding. It was great to meet with you and your sweet parents yesterday. I know it will be a special event. (Can't wait to meet your groom).
    Peggy
  • Ginny
    Ginny Married on 09/24/2022

Beautiful Hometown Wedding

I could not have chosen a more beautiful place to get married in my hometown. If you want the feel of a small town wedding whether you are a local or not, this is the place. My day was exactly what I wanted.

Portola Inn's reply:

We are so happy you chose Portola Inn. We do love hosting locals, but you're right - we can feel like home to anyone.
    We wish you the best as you start your life together.
    Tom, Peggy and Michael
    Paulina H. Married on 06/18/2022

The BEST wedding venue!

My husband and I got married at Portola Inn in June and it was hands-down the best decision we made. Portola Inn is a beautiful venue but above all, the staff is off-the-charts INCREDIBLE. They made us feel so prepared and excited for our wedding day. They offer coordination the day-of but that doesn’t full encompass all that they do for you…they truly go above and beyond for their couples. Peggy, Tom, and Jana are so genuine and they really care about your experience. If you’re thinking about having your wedding at Portola Inn, DO IT! You will not regret it. We are definitely coming back for our anniversaries and hopefully a vow renewal someday!! What an incredible place with the MOST incredible people. I cannot say enough good things about my experience…and don’t just take it from me- Every single one of my guests LOVED their time at Portola Inn and have been asking non-stop how I found this gem of a venue. My wedding day was the best day of my life and Portola Inn made it all possible!

Portola Inn's reply:

It is so good to hear that your day was perfect! We would have to agree that the day was amazing. We hope to see you back to celebrate an anniversary.
    Best to both of you,

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2017 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2016 Winner

Pricing

The Groves on 41 The Groves on 41 Barn & Farm Weddings

Portola Inn is always a pleasure to visit. Tom & Peggy and their entire family of staff are welcoming to all guests. We have had several opportunities to visit this venue on small and large occasions and every time we smile and walk away remembering a great experience. We love how they recognize the vendors onsite with their own plaques and take huge pride in working with every one of them. Even more fun is how we at The Groves on 41 are often inspired by something the O'Malley's have done and fun to see we can sometimes even inspire them. Thank you for your community outreach and involvement, we love being companions in this wonderful industry and environment.

Amber McGaughey Photography Amber McGaughey Photography Wedding Photographers

Portola Inn is a lovely venue with so many location options - the oak tree ceremony location is stunning! The owners are a pleasure to work with and take pride in creating a stress-free day for their couples. Plus it's close to town so you don't have to worry about guests navigating the narrow winery roads late at night.

Kramer Events Kramer Events Wedding DJs

Thank you, Portola Inn! We enjoying being apart of your couple's special day and thank you for referring us! Us at Kramer Events feel that Portola Inn is an excellent choice for venue if you're looking for a beautiful option that offers both indoor and outdoor event space in a gorgeous wooded setting! It's also easy to get to!

illustration visit

Would you like to visit?

Request a visit
6650 Portola Road Atascadero, CA (PO Box 808) Atascadero, CA, 93423
Location of (Portola Inn)

Other vendors in Santa Barbara for your wedding