4545 La Jolla Village Dr, San Diego, CA 92121 Map · Phone number

About Events by Sonya

Events by Sonya is a wedding planning company based out of San Diego, California. This dedicated event planner has a meticulous eye for detail. Sonya and her team will go above and beyond to help you create unforgettable memories, as they have experience planning weddings throughout San Diego, Los Angeles, the San Francisco Bay Area, and beyond. Regardless the size of the wedding or the theme, Events by Sonya can help you realize all of your wedding visions, as well as ensure that all of the details are fully thought through and taken care of behind the scenes so you can relax and enjoy the big day.

Events by Sonya can offer planning assistance for a variety of celebrations, including civil unions, cultural weddings, destination weddings, and both religious and non-religious weddings. Some of the services that Sonya and her team offer include:

• Budget analysis

19 Reviews for Events by Sonya

• Colleen

Colleen Sheh · Married on 02/02/2019

Sonya is the BEST!

Sonya is an absolutely incredible wedding coordinator and person. We never knew how much we needed Sonya until she started helping us with the planning process. It was easy to get overwhelmed with all that goes into wedding planning but Sonya made the process simple and stress-free. Sonya has so much experience that she knows exactly how to help you have the wedding of your dreams. We had most of our major vendors booked by the time we started working with Sonya but still needed a couple of additional recommendations. Within minutes of asking her for help, she sent several recommendations our way. All of my questions no matter how big or small were answered within 24 hours. Sonya helped us organize and reach out to all our vendors by creating clear, easy-to-follow timelines so everyone would be on the same page on the big day.

On the day of the wedding, we didn’t have to worry about anything because Sonya had set everyone up for success. She even had her husband Jeff help manage certain vendors on the wedding day so she could be in two places at once. She and Jeff were so calm and efficient about getting everything set up and making sure we were on schedule, in spite of a huge rainstorm! On top of everything, Sonya is an incredibly kind and patient person. She is so easy to work with yet knows how to get things done. We cannot recommend Sonya highly enough!

Sent on 04/16/2019

Sam · Married on 10/06/2018

Sonya was great to work with!

We used Sonya for partial planning and day of coordination. She was extremely organized and responsive. We didn’t live in San Diego, so we counted on Sonya to take care of a lot of things before the wedding for us. We relied on Sonya for recommendations of various other vendors and everyone she recommended ended up exceeding our expectations and were all reasonable in cost. Day of the wedding, Sonya had everything running extremely smoothly. I didn’t have to worry about any details day of the wedding. Numerous guests commented how well the event was being run, which was all thanks to Sonya. I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend her for anyone looking for a wedding planner or coordinator. Sonya was great!

Sent on 12/18/2018

Randall · Married on 09/28/2018

Sonya was so pivotal in the success of my wedding. I am definitely the Type A personality and mix that in with wedding planning can be the perfect storm. Not with Sonya, she is incredibly professional, organized, and follows up with all details. She consistently answers her emails, made sure we were on track, and give us tips on what to anticipate with her expertise. I found it hard to "let go" on the day of my wedding, but I knew I could trust Sonya to make my visions come alive. She put up all my DIY decorations as described and created beautiful spreads out of my welcome table and dessert table. During the actual wedding, I was not bothered by ANY logistical details. Sonya took care of everything and anything. If there was a question that she could not answer, she used my designated point person to answer the question. I was blissfully entertaining and dancing the whole night! Looking back, I can't believe how incredibly smooth my wedding went and it's a huge part in thanks to Sonya! Also, super reasonably priced for her services. There is so much unknown about planning a wedding, therefore it's so helpful to have someone with so much experience guiding you. Having a wedding coordinator is a must, and so is Sonya! Would recommend her over and over again to any couple!

Sent on 10/04/2018

Events by Sonya FAQ

• What is the starting price for day-of wedding coordination? $ 2,500.00
  • What is the starting price for partial wedding planning? $ 4,000.00
  • What is the starting price for full wedding planning? $ 5,500.00
  • Do you offer an hourly rate? Yes
  • What weddings do you have experience planning? Civil, Cultural, Destination, Non-Religious, Religious
  • How many planners are on your team? 1

• Nancy Lobo Designs
    Nancy Lobo Designs Wedding Florists

I can't say enough great things about Sonya. I originally met Sonya when she was coordinating her own wedding. She chose our company as her floral designer for her wedding to Jeff. From the first meeting, Sonya was very sweet, extremely laid back, and knew EXACTLY what she wanted. We definitely built a great relationship throughout the planning process and as many couples, I thought that I would only have the opportunity to work with her for just her wedding. Fortunately, she touched base with me a few months later and let me knew that she was working on some wedding projects of her own. She also wanted to get some hands-on experience with floral design and of course I agreed to have her help coordinate and design some designs for our clients. When we initially began the process of floral design, she picked it up in a SNAP! I always say, you either have the talent, or you don't and Sonya definitely has an eye for design, creativity and art- very important qualities when coordinating weddings. I can always count on Sonya to take the lead and deliver results without having to go into too much detail- she just knows what I'm looking for. She is a HUGE asset and a pleasure to work with!

• Caprice Strings
    Caprice Strings Wedding Musicians

Calmly organized and incredibly sweet Sonya is absolutely a very wonderfully skilled planner. Celebrating a wedding in Balboa Park on a bustling Saturday in sweltering heat will always be a challenge, but with Sonya at the helm, it was a beautiful day in paradise with LOVE blooming and in the spotlight! She was amazing. Brava to her. Any function will be amazing with Sonya as your co-ordinator.

• Caprice Strings