Ventura, CA 93003 Map · Phone number
Package Price $2,500
Availability Check your date

About Engaged to be wed

When hiring a planner, you want someone who will keep you on track and on-task with professionalism, experience and humor. With my attention to detail, prompt communication and out-of-the-box suggestions, I'm exactly what you need when you need it!

From start to finish I will conceptualize your vision and bring it to life. I want to alleviate stress so you two can fully enjoy your big day. Planning a wedding should be joyful and fun. My mission is to provide you and your love with the support you both need throughout your event.

Because I get to know you two on a personal level, I will work hand in hand to perfectly design a celebration that embodies who you are as a couple. Whether modern or traditional, creative or adventurous the day is about you and your love.

The thing that sets me apart from other planners is my back ground, with over 13 years of experience catering and planning events, I bring a level of expertise of the bigger picture. This helps in creating rentals, working with caterers and planning and executing the logistics of your big day.

The bottom line, I love what I do. I love love. I still get teary eyed when I watch a father daughter dance or hear a sister give her Maid of Honor toast. And I’ve been a bride so I know what it’s like.

?I get the emotional side of planning a wedding. I’d be honored to walk this journey with you and get you from “I will” to “I do”.

Follow Engaged to be wed on

crp flanagan 091716 0471 web
crp flanagan 091716 0471 web
31ee39552b8a1501 1430571921321 3345916689823652825918476n

9 Reviews for Engaged to be wed

Hayley · Married on 04/08/2018

Melissa is the type of coordinator that anticipates your next thought and by the time you voice it, she already has it taken care of. Her organization and calm demeanor make you feel at ease and truly taken care of. On the day of our wedding, she took care of everything, from keeping my family on track to making sure I didn't lose anything to making sure we actually ate dinner! Thank you Mel!

Sent on 04/19/2018

Anthony · Married on 06/24/2017

Hiring Melissa will be the best decision you make while planning your wedding (other than who you've chosen as your spouse).

As the groom it was first difficult for me to accept that we needed the added expense of hiring a coordinator. Please trust me, after planning and thoroughly enjoying our wedding, I can say with 100% certainty you need to hire a coordinator. There are hundreds of details I would never have even thought to explore that Melissa guided us through.

You have a lot of options in Ventura County and Santa Barbara County when looking for a wedding coordinator. If you could please, just once more trust me, hire Melissa. I called and spoke with at least eight other coordinators; shared our wedding plans, ideas, wants, discussed pricing and hours, expectations, etc.

Engaged To Be Wed is very affordable. For the services they offer Melissa is without a doubt the best value available given the quality of service you will receive. Melissa was always available to us (phone, email, text) and her decades of experience in the field made planning our wedding a fun experience. I'll say it again, we could not have done it without her.

My wife and I are so happy we chose to work with Melissa. I truly hope this review helps other engaged couples enjoy planning their weddings and even more importantly, enjoy their wedding day.

Sent on 08/13/2017

Andy · Married on 10/08/2016

Melissa and her team blew our high expectations out of the water! We would recommend them in a heartbeat! We unfortunately had hired another wedding planner (a supposed "best in LA") to start out with, and after several weeks of unreturned emails, calls, and mistakes, we had to find another planner. And we were so lucky and blessed to have found Melissa and Engaged to be Wed. We hired Melissa about a year before our wedding, and from the start, she was SO responsive to emails and calls--literally minutes after we emailed her, we would get a response. As two working attorneys, we had zero time to plan our wedding, plus we had no idea where to even start. Melissa guided us through the whole process we convenient checklists and timelines, so that we were all on the same page. She explained things to us so we were making informed decisions. She referred us to trusted vendors we could pick from. She listened to all of our wants and wishes and did everything she could to achieve those, while still sticking in our budget. We LITERALLY would not have had our awesome wedding without Melissa. After a year of planning, the big day came up and IT BLEW MY MIND HOW PERFECT AND AWESOME everything turned out. Before the wedding, I had a picture in my mind of how the venue would look, and the reality was a thousand times more spectacular! Every little detail was in place and perfect. Our wedding day went perfectly and so smoothly. I was never stressed at all--maybe everything just happened to turn out easy, but more likely, Melissa and her team just took care of everything so that me and my wife did not have to and were not stressed by anything on our big day. Our big wedding turned out perfectly, there was nothing I would change. It was easily the best day and night of my life and the most fun I've ever had. A HUGE part of that was Melissa and her hard work and dedication in making sure everything was perfect. If you want the wedding of your dreams, have Melissa plan it!

Sent on 10/13/2016

Engaged to be wed FAQ

• What is the starting price for day-of wedding coordination? $ 1,500.00
  • What is the starting price for partial wedding planning? $ 2,500.00
  • What is the starting price for full wedding planning? $ 3,800.00
  • Do you offer an hourly rate? Yes
  • What is the hourly rate? $ 50.00
  • What wedding planning services do you offer? Day-of Coordination, Event Design, Full Planning, Partial Planning, Timelines, Vendor Referrals
  • How many planners are on your team? 3

• Music by Bonnie & Company
    Music by Bonnie & Company Wedding DJs

We've been working with Melissa and staff for MANY years, and always know our clients are in great hands, when they are on the scene. There's NOTHING Melissa won't do, to ensure that your wedding goes off, without a hitch. Don't hesitate to call her! She's a real pro!

• Pure Joy Catering, Inc
    Pure Joy Catering, Inc Wedding Caterers

Melissa is an outstanding professional with many years of real industry experience, shes a bright & joyful addition as well. I can not recommend her more. Time after time she never ceases to amaze us. We truly love working with her.

• bycherry photography
    bycherry photography Wedding Photographers

I have had the pleasure of working with Melissa for over 7 years and have been truly blown away by her professionalism, abilities, and general delightfulness. She runs a smooth event every time! I was so accustomed to working with her that I assumed all planners were as good as her. I was wrong! Time and time again I'm reminded that she is a true gem in the event industry. I look forward to many more years working with her!

• Ventura, 93003 See on map