Ventura, CA 93003 Map · Phone number

About Engaged to be wed

When hiring a planner, you want someone who will keep you on track and on-task with professionalism, experience and humor. With my attention to detail, prompt communication and out-of-the-box suggestions, I'm exactly what you need when you need it!

From start to finish I will conceptualize your vision and bring it to life. I want to alleviate stress so you two can fully enjoy your big day. Planning a wedding should be joyful and fun. My mission is to provide you and your love with the support you both need throughout your event.

Because I get to know you two on a personal level, I will work hand in hand to perfectly design a celebration that embodies who you are as a couple. Whether modern or traditional, creative or adventurous the day is about you and your love.

The thing that sets me apart from other planners is my back ground, with over 13 years of experience catering and planning events, I bring a level of expertise of the bigger picture. This helps in creating rentals, working with caterers and planning and executing the logistics of your big day.

The bottom line, I love what I do. I love love. I still get teary eyed when I watch a father daughter dance or hear a sister give her Maid of Honor toast. And I’ve been a bride so I know what it’s like.

?I get the emotional side of planning a wedding. I’d be honored to walk this journey with you and get you from “I will” to “I do”.

Follow Engaged to be wed on

crp flanagan 091716 0471 web

10 Reviews for Engaged to be wed

• Laura

Laura Kovacs · Married on 06/22/2019

Melissa is awesome!

Hiring Melissa was hands-down the best decision that we made throughout the process of planning our wedding. She was invaluable in helping us chose all of our other vendors, and we were thrilled with each and every one of them. Mel was consistently kind, warm and reassuring, and also was meticulously organized and always had everything under control. She is very experienced, and was able to give sound advice and direction on all aspects of wedding planning. She was wonderful about listening to what we wanted and helping to make it happen, and was also an excellent judge of when to step in and correct our course. Having her in our corner made wedding planning so much easier than it would have been, and also gave us complete peace of mind to know that we were making good decisions and that our wedding day would go smoothly. And it did! Thanks to Mel, we and our families were able to relax and just enjoy the day, without any stress. Not a single thing went wrong, everything was in its place, our vision for the day was brought to life perfectly, and we had so much fun! I cannot recommend Mel highly enough.

Sent on 09/01/2019

Engaged to be wed's reply:

Laura and Kyle (and parents),

Thank you! It was such a pleasure planning with all of you. Thank you for trusting me with such an important memory in your life! The first major party in your love story, what an honor!

Thank you for such sweet and wonderful words. It truly was my joy to be able to walk along side you in this process!

Cheers,

Mel

Hayley · Married on 04/08/2018

Melissa is the type of coordinator that anticipates your next thought and by the time you voice it, she already has it taken care of. Her organization and calm demeanor make you feel at ease and truly taken care of. On the day of our wedding, she took care of everything, from keeping my family on track to making sure I didn't lose anything to making sure we actually ate dinner! Thank you Mel!

Sent on 04/19/2018

Anthony · Married on 06/24/2017

Hiring Melissa will be the best decision you make while planning your wedding (other than who you've chosen as your spouse).

As the groom it was first difficult for me to accept that we needed the added expense of hiring a coordinator. Please trust me, after planning and thoroughly enjoying our wedding, I can say with 100% certainty you need to hire a coordinator. There are hundreds of details I would never have even thought to explore that Melissa guided us through.

You have a lot of options in Ventura County and Santa Barbara County when looking for a wedding coordinator. If you could please, just once more trust me, hire Melissa. I called and spoke with at least eight other coordinators; shared our wedding plans, ideas, wants, discussed pricing and hours, expectations, etc.

Engaged To Be Wed is very affordable. For the services they offer Melissa is without a doubt the best value available given the quality of service you will receive. Melissa was always available to us (phone, email, text) and her decades of experience in the field made planning our wedding a fun experience. I'll say it again, we could not have done it without her.

My wife and I are so happy we chose to work with Melissa. I truly hope this review helps other engaged couples enjoy planning their weddings and even more importantly, enjoy their wedding day.

Sent on 08/13/2017

Engaged to be wed FAQ

• What is the starting price for day-of wedding coordination? $ 1,500.00
  • What is the starting price for partial wedding planning? $ 2,500.00
  • What is the starting price for full wedding planning? $ 3,800.00
  • Do you offer an hourly rate? Yes
  • What is the hourly rate? $ 50.00
  • What wedding planning services do you offer? Day-of Coordination, Event Design, Full Planning, Partial Planning, Timelines, Vendor Referrals
  • How many planners are on your team? 3

• Music by Bonnie & Company
    Music by Bonnie & Company Wedding DJs

We've been working with Melissa and staff for MANY years, and always know our clients are in great hands, when they are on the scene. There's NOTHING Melissa won't do, to ensure that your wedding goes off, without a hitch. Don't hesitate to call her! She's a real pro!

• Pure Joy Catering, Inc
    Pure Joy Catering, Inc Wedding Caterers

Melissa is an outstanding professional with many years of real industry experience, shes a bright & joyful addition as well. I can not recommend her more. Time after time she never ceases to amaze us. We truly love working with her.

• bycherry photography
    bycherry photography Wedding Photographers

I have had the pleasure of working with Melissa for over 7 years and have been truly blown away by her professionalism, abilities, and general delightfulness. She runs a smooth event every time! I was so accustomed to working with her that I assumed all planners were as good as her. I was wrong! Time and time again I'm reminded that she is a true gem in the event industry. I look forward to many more years working with her!

• Ventura, 93003 See on map