5637 Tughill Dr, Tampa, FL 33624 Map · Phone number · Visit website
  • Photos & Videos 29
  • Deals 1
  • Meet the Team

About Elope Tampa Bay

Elope Tampa Bay is a small wedding and elopement company based in Tampa, Florida. Owners Emily and Melanie each eloped for their own weddings. They loved their experiences, and were inspired to bring their insights to couples planning similar ceremonies. They are determined to provide couples with all the perks of a large-scale wedding, but with the intimacy and affordability of a small affair. With over ten years of wedding-planning experience between them, they create beautifully curated and tasteful events that center on their clients’ love.

Elope Tampa Bay offers all-inclusive packages that consist of high-quality services. These packages also include photography, videography, and flower services. The process begins with a meeting to discuss the couple’s ideas for the big day followed by a welcome packet with timelines and checklists. Vendors are then booked while carefully considering the personalities, tastes, and wedding themes of the couple. Elope Tampa Bay offers a variety of locations for ceremony sites in and around St. Petersburg, both on and off the beach. The beach locations come with secluded beaches and breathtaking views of the water. With beautiful locations and vendor contacts, Emily and Melanie hope to bring couples the intimate, bespoke, and stress-free wedding of their dreams.

Follow Elope Tampa Bay on

7 Reviews for Elope Tampa Bay

• Whitney

Whitney J. · Married on 11/14/2020

The best of the best!

Where do I even begin? Melanie & Emily with Elope Tampa Bay made our wedding day absolutely perfect and stress free, just the way we wanted it. After postponing, cancelling, and then attempting to plan a last minute courthouse wedding in the middle of the pandemic, I stumbled across their Instagram while searching for a photographer in the area to do photos for us at the courthouse. Shortly after that, we found out our courthouse was no longer doing weddings because of Covid. Once I handed over the reigns to Melanie and Emily it was like a huge weight was lifted off of my shoulders. It didn’t take long for me to realize that they were quite literally two of the sweetest people I had ever come into contact with. They literally took care of every single thing in the weeks leading up to our wedding day and the day itself was seamless. From helping me pick a venue to having my dream bouquet made and our favorite cake to cut after the ceremony, they did all of it and were able to keep me within my budget. I was feeling a little too relaxed in the week leading up to the big day and Melanie assured me it really was that easy! The communication regarding details could not have been better and they really did everything to make sure we had the wedding of our dreams despite all of then bumps in the road along the way. I would 100% absolutely recommend Elope Tampa Bay to anyone looking for an alternative to the big traditional wedding. You can have all you want and more without the headache by letting Melanie & Emily be your wedding planners!

Sent on 11/06/2020

Kylie J. · Married on 10/24/2020

Absolutely perfect experience, from beginning to end

At the beginning of this process we did not know how we were going to make our wedding a special and extraordinary day due to the current COVID-19 pandemic situation, however then Kylie mentioned that she had found a stunning wedding venue In St Petersburg as well as a wedding planner who was not only willing to but also couldn't wait to go above and beyond to create the wedding of our dreams. Our elopement was everything we could have dreamed of and more. We are so glad we chose to trust Elope Tampa Bay and also Wild Roots as it was utterly perfect!

Melanie, thank you very much for organizing everything for our wedding. Your services are phenomenal and your attention to detail, professionalism and customer service is second to none. The entire process was simple, coordinated and straightforward. You made a very difficult and stressful process incredibly comfortable. You took all of our dreams and made them a reality. We could not have done anything at all without you, so thank you for making our day the most amazing day of our lives.

Sent on 12/01/2020

Elope Tampa Bay's reply:

Kylie!
    Thank you so much for your kind words. We are SO happy that you had so much trust in us for your big day! Congratulations again and we wish you both lots of love and happiness.

Award

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2021 Winner

Elope Tampa Bay FAQ

• What is the starting price for full wedding planning?
    $ 1480
  • Do you offer an hourly rate?
  • What wedding events do you provide services for?
    Ceremony
  • What wedding planning services do you offer?
    Day-of Coordination
    Event Design
    Timelines
    To-Do Lists
    Vendor Referrals
  • What weddings do you have experience planning?
    Civil
    Eco-Friendly
    Military
    Non-Religious
    Religious
  • How many planners are on your team?

1 Wedding Deal & Discount

• Elope Tampa Bay 1
    10% discount for WeddingWire couples

Team of Elope Tampa Bay

Emily  Tansey

Emily Tansey

Owner/ Lead planner

I started out in this industry as a full service wedding planner about six years ago. Instead of telling you all of these amazing accolades about myself, I thought it would be better to tell you the WHY behind my business. When I got married I decided to keep things intimate and I got married in Mexico with about 45 close family and friends. We were in the middle of trying to buy a house and wanted to really do a kick ass honeymoon. We were just starting our life out together and did not have a ton of money to invest into a large wedding and certainly did not want to go into debt. It was a decision I 100% do not regret, but there were a few things on my wedding day I was not happy with and I never wanted anyone else to experience the same.

I HATED my wedding photos. Yep. In fact, when I got my photos back I actually cried. I truly never wanted anyone to have the same feeling I did which is why now I will only work with photographers that are experienced and I have worked with many times over the years. There are so many companies in Las Vegas that use inexperienced, new photographers and that is one of the reasons why their package pricing is so low. I wanted to do something different and invest in GREAT photographers so that our clients will LOVE their wedding photos.

Also on my wedding day when I received my bouquet the flowers were PURPLE and SMALL. Okay, not a big deal right ? Except for the fact that none of my wedding colors were purple! Somehow the florist had gone and done their own thing and had not taken into consideration the colors and inspiration photos I had sent them in advance. Again there are a lot of companies in Las Vegas that will give you an option between three different standard bouquets or give you a 12 rose bouquet but I wanted to do something DIFFERENT.

When I started thinking about offering elopements and smaller weddings, there were a few things that I felt like people just couldn’t miss out on. The idea of doing a small cake cutting and champagne toast may not seem like a big deal to everyone but I think bringing some of the main elements of a larger wedding, but just a smaller scale really puts a nice touch on things. It makes it so people just really don’t feel like they are missing out on having a big wedding.

I will say that I have never heard a couple tell me that they regret having a small wedding or elopement. In fact, if anything I hear the opposite. People who stress over a large scale wedding and go into debt will tell me they wish they would’ve just eloped. I can tell you that I am so passionate about this business and love making people feel special at their “intimate” wedding. Are you ready to elope in Florida? We can't wait to help you make your wedding day unforgettable!

+ More Details
- Less Details
Melanie  Barker

Melanie Barker

Owner/ Lead Planner

I have been a full service wedding planner in the Tampa Bay Area for 5 years. I help couples with all different types of planning needs, either Event Management, Design or Full Planning. My Reviews speak for themselves and I was awarded Best of the Bay in 2019. Even though I connect with couples on all levels and different budgets, I love my smaller scale weddings. The more intimate the more it grips at my heart strings because I was that bride!

I was married 5 years ago in Las Vegas. I wanted it to be a trip/destination for all. I wanted my guests to have fun and to be entertained. I wanted them to remember the time they had, because let's be honest, every destination wedding I've attended as a guest I've remembered more than others because I remember the trip and experience. I wanted to keep my wedding party small (just the hubs and I), my wedding budget low (gotta plan for a home and epic honeymoon) and my guest list small to those that I truly wanted to be there. Andddd I know I'm slightly biased, but it was the best day and wedding I've been to.

As an elopement bride, I know the struggle is hard when you're planning from afar. Looking back on the day, there are a few things I wish I could have changed. 1) My photographer. I hated my wedding day photos! The photographer was the cheapest I could find. The photos I received were nothing like he advertised and they were poor quality. I honestly wish I had invested a little more money on a better photographer. 2) My flowers were pretty and in the color scheme I wanted (PURPLE), but they were like everyone else (structured 12-rose bouquet). I selected from 2-3 bouquets, picked my color and voila that's what I got. Even though I had a smaller wedding and smaller budget, I would have loved for it to be more ME represented and not 'just another wedding.

With Elope Tampa Bay we'll see to it that you have personalization on your wedding day, that you have a cake cutting, champagne toast and first dance. We'll make sure you have THE BEST photographers and videographers to capture your intimate moments. Even though you're small, you'll be treated as a large upscale wedding. We understand and want nothing but the best memories for you because we've been in your shoes and know what it's like.

I understand not all can elope or have a smaller scale wedding due to circumstance, however when I share my story, even with my large scale wedding couples, they say they wish they had or could elope. That they wish it was more simplified, easy, just the two of them or a small gathering of their closest family/friends.

+ More Details
- Less Details

• 5637 Tughill Dr Tampa, FL, 33624 See on map
    813-592-3275 (Phone number)
    Location of (Elope Tampa Bay)