Elope Tampa Bay

Tampa, FL View map Visit website
2022 Couples' Choice Awards Winner

2022 Couples' Choice Awards Winner

Elope Tampa Bay is a small wedding and elopement company based in Tampa, Florida. Owners Emily and Melanie each eloped for their own weddings. They loved their experiences, and were inspired to bring their insights to couples planning similar ceremonies. They are determined to provide couples with all the perks of a large-scale wedding, but with the intimacy and affordability of a small affair. With over ten years of wedding-planning experience between them, they create beautifully curated and tasteful events that center on their clients’ love.

Elope Tampa Bay offers all-inclusive packages that consist of high-quality services. These packages also include photography, videography, and flower services. The process begins with a meeting to discuss the couple’s ideas for the big day followed by a welcome packet with timelines and checklists. Vendors are then booked while carefully considering the personalities, tastes, and wedding themes of the couple. Elope Tampa Bay offers a variety of locations for ceremony sites in and around St. Petersburg, both on and off the beach. The beach locations come with secluded beaches and breathtaking views of the water. With beautiful locations and vendor contacts, Emily and Melanie hope to bring couples the intimate, bespoke, and stress-free wedding of their dreams.

What is the starting price for full wedding planning?

$1,480

Do you offer an hourly rate?

What wedding events do you provide services for?

Ceremony

What wedding planning services do you offer?

Day-of Coordination
Event Design
Timelines
To-Do Lists
Vendor Referrals

What weddings do you have experience planning?

Civil
Eco-Friendly
Military
Non-Religious
Religious

How many planners are on your team?

illustration question

Any other questions?

Message vendor

4.9 out of 5 rating
    4.9 out of 5 rating

A Uy Married on 05/20/2022

Saved Our Wedding Day

Planning a wedding is difficult, but I found it to be more so due to the lack of representation in the wedding planning industry. Soon-to-be brides are often perceived to be bridezilla if they speak their minds. Knowing this stigma and the stigma we black women carry, I was more cautious of how I expressed my needs, wants, and concerns. I held back more than I should. I overthought every single thought and emotion. Despite my best efforts to conform to the agreeable woman, drama ensued and led to a series of terrible events caused by our original wedding venue and planner.

I was furious and hurt. There was nothing beautiful or magical about any of this. I canceled our wedding.

Taking my mom’s advice, I detached from everything and took some personal time to heal. During this time, my partner and I decided to move forward in a different direction with our wedding. We looked for something that would allow us to bring that magic that we lost. A place that meant something to us or could. An inviting, peaceful, and naturally beautiful space; led us to Wild Roots and then Elope Tampa Bay.

In three months, Elope Tampa Bay (ETB) brought to life a wedding I couldn’t imagine. Melanie and Emily treated me like a human. They heard my needs and concerns. ETB worked with me to keep my wedding officiant and photographer. Catie went to the ends of Tampa Bay to find a florist who made traditional Hawaiian leis. Her efforts allowed my partner and me to honor a piece of my past. I was in disbelief throughout the entire experience on how easy and effortlessly everything was coming together. Catie’s professionalism, communication, and organization far exceeded my expectations. She is the best coordinator anyone could have on their wedding day. She gifted us the time and space to take in each other and our love, to enjoy our guests and all the good vibes flowing through our day. For that, we are eternally grateful.

Elope Tampa Bay's reply:

Awwww this makes my heart so happy!! It was such an honor to be a part of your special day. The love in the room could be felt so deeply between yall and the kids and your friends and family. It was truly a beautiful experience. Thank you so much for trusting us with your vision. Wishing you all a lifetime of happiness, laughter, and love.

xoxo Catie
    Keirsten J. Married on 04/30/2022

The absolute best

This is how all weddings should be done. See for yourself.

Elope Tampa Bay's reply:

Keirsten we are so thankful for all your kind words! Seriously! Congrats once again to you guys on your beautiful love story!
    Janna W. Married on 04/22/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Grateful for elope tampa bay

We are so glad we found Elope Tampa Bay, and were able to work with them for our wedding. We planned two different weddings prior to deciding to elope, but due to pandemic, decided this would be the best option for us. Everyone at Elope Tampa Bay were very professional, kind, and enthusiastic about the work they do! They responded to our emails quickly, were affordable, resourceful, and made us feel special throughout the process. We were at ease the entire time. I still tear up when I think about our wedding because it was such a special day for us! Would recommend this service to any couple.

Elope Tampa Bay's reply:

Janna thank you so much for the kind words, we appreciate you and Phillip trusting us with your special day it was truly an honor to be a part of it. Wishing you both a lifetime of happiness and love!

xoxo, Catie

Team

Emily  Tansey
Emily Tansey
Owner/ Lead planner

I started out in this industry as a full service wedding planner about six years ago. Instead of telling you all of these amazing accolades about myself, I thought it would be better to tell you the WHY behind my business. When I got married I decided to keep things intimate and I got married in Mexico with about 45 close family and friends. We were in the middle of trying to buy a house and wanted to really do a kick ass honeymoon. We were just starting our life out together and did not have a ton of money to invest into a large wedding and certainly did not want to go into debt. It was a decision I 100% do not regret, but there were a few things on my wedding day I was not happy with and I never wanted anyone else to experience the same.

I HATED my wedding photos. Yep. In fact, when I got my photos back I actually cried. I truly never wanted anyone to have the same feeling I did which is why now I will only work with photographers that are experienced and I have worked with many times over the years. There are so many companies in Las Vegas that use inexperienced, new photographers and that is one of the reasons why their package pricing is so low. I wanted to do something different and invest in GREAT photographers so that our clients will LOVE their wedding photos.

Also on my wedding day when I received my bouquet the flowers were PURPLE and SMALL. Okay, not a big deal right ? Except for the fact that none of my wedding colors were purple! Somehow the florist had gone and done their own thing and had not taken into consideration the colors and inspiration photos I had sent them in advance. Again there are a lot of companies in Las Vegas that will give you an option between three different standard bouquets or give you a 12 rose bouquet but I wanted to do something DIFFERENT.

When I started thinking about offering elopements and smaller weddings, there were a few things that I felt like people just couldn’t miss out on. The idea of doing a small cake cutting and champagne toast may not seem like a big deal to everyone but I think bringing some of the main elements of a larger wedding, but just a smaller scale really puts a nice touch on things. It makes it so people just really don’t feel like they are missing out on having a big wedding.

I will say that I have never heard a couple tell me that they regret having a small wedding or elopement. In fact, if anything I hear the opposite. People who stress over a large scale wedding and go into debt will tell me they wish they would’ve just eloped. I can tell you that I am so passionate about this business and love making people feel special at their “intimate” wedding. Are you ready to elope in Florida? We can't wait to help you make your wedding day unforgettable!

Melanie  Barker
Melanie Barker
Owner/ Lead Planner

I have been a full service wedding planner in the Tampa Bay Area for 5 years. I help couples with all different types of planning needs, either Event Management, Design or Full Planning. My Reviews speak for themselves and I was awarded Best of the Bay in 2019. Even though I connect with couples on all levels and different budgets, I love my smaller scale weddings. The more intimate the more it grips at my heart strings because I was that bride!

I was married 5 years ago in Las Vegas. I wanted it to be a trip/destination for all. I wanted my guests to have fun and to be entertained. I wanted them to remember the time they had, because let's be honest, every destination wedding I've attended as a guest I've remembered more than others because I remember the trip and experience. I wanted to keep my wedding party small (just the hubs and I), my wedding budget low (gotta plan for a home and epic honeymoon) and my guest list small to those that I truly wanted to be there. Andddd I know I'm slightly biased, but it was the best day and wedding I've been to.

As an elopement bride, I know the struggle is hard when you're planning from afar. Looking back on the day, there are a few things I wish I could have changed. 1) My photographer. I hated my wedding day photos! The photographer was the cheapest I could find. The photos I received were nothing like he advertised and they were poor quality. I honestly wish I had invested a little more money on a better photographer. 2) My flowers were pretty and in the color scheme I wanted (PURPLE), but they were like everyone else (structured 12-rose bouquet). I selected from 2-3 bouquets, picked my color and voila that's what I got. Even though I had a smaller wedding and smaller budget, I would have loved for it to be more ME represented and not 'just another wedding.

With Elope Tampa Bay we'll see to it that you have personalization on your wedding day, that you have a cake cutting, champagne toast and first dance. We'll make sure you have THE BEST photographers and videographers to capture your intimate moments. Even though you're small, you'll be treated as a large upscale wedding. We understand and want nothing but the best memories for you because we've been in your shoes and know what it's like.

I understand not all can elope or have a smaller scale wedding due to circumstance, however when I share my story, even with my large scale wedding couples, they say they wish they had or could elope. That they wish it was more simplified, easy, just the two of them or a small gathering of their closest family/friends.

5637 Tughill Dr Tampa, FL, 33624
Location of (Elope Tampa Bay)

Other vendors in Tampa for your wedding