Rockford, MI 49341 Map · Phone number
  • Photos

About Dusty Brown Photography

Hi, I am Grand Rapids Wedding Photographer Dusty Brown. I photograph weddings
in Grand Rapids, Traverse City, Holland, Grand Haven, Lansing, Chicago, Detroit and
all of West Michigan. I started my photography career as a commercial and advertising
photographer in my hometown more than 15 years ago. Back then "digital
photography" was just starting and being a photographer at a large
multi-billion dollar company had its advantages, and pursuing digital was
one of them. After the "downsize" of the entire staff I was forced to take on
photography where ever I could. Having done one wedding with a friend
I knew from that day what I really loved. I was HOOKED! I loved the people,
the excitement, the details, the love and happiness. The word spread about
my work and before I knew it I was booking weddings like crazy! Adding Seniors and
family portraits along the way was a natural progression. I like to
keep the amount of weddings to around 20 per year. This keeps our
creativity fresh and our love for it strong. I usually photograph 50-70 Seniors
each year and around 20-40 family session....including babies. Advertising
photography is still a huge part of my career doing 15-30 jobs each year.

Thank you for considering me to be your photographer! I look
forward to hearing all about your big day and getting to know you more! I provide a fun and relaxed approach to all of my clients. You can be sure I will be creative and fun and come away with your memories to cherish for years to come. Be sure to visit our website http://www.dustybrown.org Thanks!

"capturing life, as it happens"

weddings, seniors, lifestyle and commercial photography.

Follow Dusty Brown Photography on

5 Reviews for Dusty Brown Photography

Adam · Married on 07/09/2016

As soon as I got engaged over 2 years ago, the first person I emailed was Dusty - I was dying to know if we could have him as our photographer for our wedding that wouldn't happen for another year and a half!! To me, having Dusty as our photographer to capture the biggest and best day of our lives was more important than even when we would get married or where it would happen. If that doesn't speak volumes of how amazing Dusty is, then I don't know what will. From the minute we met Dusty, we knew we would be in good hands. We spent over an hour talking at our first meeting - and it wasn't all business. He treated us like longtime friends. He promptly returned all of my emails or phone calls and always knew what to say.

When our wedding day arrived, I was so grateful to have Dusty by my side. He kept the day running smoothly, made everyone laugh and was extremely professional. Our guests were commenting throughout the night about how great our photographer was! And just a few days after the wedding, we received our preview of our wedding photos!! They were nothing less than spectacular. The photo quality was perfect and we was able to capture our day in a magical way.

One of the best decisions we could have made was choosing Dusty as our photographer! And if I could do it all over again, I would still contact Dusty before booking anything else!! He does more than just weddings too (he took our engagement photos and they were amazing!) - hopefully we'll be able to have Dusty capture more special moments in our lives :-)

- Allison (Lacson) Smith

Sent on 10/17/2016

Caitlin · Married on 10/18/2014

Dusty was wonderful to work with. He made my husband and I laugh so much on our wedding day. He had great ideas but also always listened to what we wanted to capture on our wedding day. He took beautiful photos and we were very happy with his creativity.

Sent on 12/08/2014

Jessi · Married on 10/18/2008

Dusty is a great photographer and he makes taking pictures fun. Our engagement session was great and our wedding pictures are amazing. We have albums that Dusty is creating for us, plus the all of the proofs for us to pick pictures and print ourselves. I'm excited to contact him again when we decide to have a family. Dusty will be the photographer in our lives... not just for our wedding.

Sent on 03/25/2009

Award

• Deep End Films
    Deep End Films Wedding Videographers

Dusty is so Great to work with now only for Brides but for professionals to. Every-time we se we are working with Dusty we know it will be a blast and that top of the line work will be done!

• Sara Whitney Ewan, Singer/Pianist
    Sara Whitney Ewan, Singer/Pianist Wedding Musicians

Dusty is super encouraging, and always right in the middle of the action, yet not intrusive at all! The beauty of his photos speak for themselves. A wonderful pic!

• J Jams
    J Jams Wedding DJs

Dusty and I have worked together numerous times for a middle school locally that does a couple dances each year. The kids love him, his pictures are awesome and he's an all around great guy to work with. I would recommend him to anyone as his work speaks for itself. Go to his website and within seconds you see that Dusty knows what he is doing! He is a pro and a pleasure to work with.

• Rockford, 49341 See on map