Cancun, MX MX 0000Z Map · Phone number
  • Real Weddings 5

About Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa

Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa, designed to reflect the charm of the Mexican Caribbean, is surrounded by glistening pools, lush tropical gardens and a palm-studded beach. This 486 premium octagonal rooms and suites resort will allow guests to luxuriate in private and spacious accommodations with each room having at least one Jacuzzi and ground floor room offering a plunge pool, daily refreshed mini-bar, full marble bathroom, and a wealth of amenities. Nine gourmet themed restaurants without reservations, six fabulous bars ranging from elegant to swim-up, plus a fully-equipped fitness center and a world-class Dreams Spa by Pevonia provide guests with a host of amenities. The allure doesn’t stop there – guests will be treated to complimentary greens fees at the world-class Playa Paraiso Golf Club.

• Finest Playa Mujeres

Real Weddings 61 Photos

29 Reviews for Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa

Jaid Ritter · Married on 02/22/2020

Took care of everything!

My brother (2014) and I (2020) both held our weddings at the Dreams.

- beautiful resort, we had 85 guests and everyone was happy with the rooms, food, spa, pool, beach, etc.

- great wedding locations, we held 5 events (welcome party, yoga, beach competition, rehearsal, wedding) and all the locations/set-up were great!

- beautiful decor options, and wedding planners took care of everything! We did a pre-planning Trip in May which helped us set up 80% of our choices and finished the final 20% on arrival. The flowers, food, and overall set up for each event were more beautiful than anticipated!

Sent on 03/01/2020

Thao Huynh · Married on 11/27/2019

My dreams wedding

Because I am the sort of person who does a lot of research before jumping into anything, I chose Dreams Riveria Cancun Resort because it came highly rated and recommended by many brides in every wedding discussion board and website I came across. And I am very glad I did! The wedding day was everything I wanted and the staff were like a well oiled machine. They are absolute pros at what they do! Every day there was a wedding taking place at the resort (also saw a baby gender reveal party and a super sweet 16 party), with sometimes muliple weddings on the same day.

Marissa was an awesome coordinator and she is very kind and easy to talk to. I knew from my internet research that they don't start contacting you until at least 3 months before the wedding date to start organizing everything  and so after I put my deposit down over a year ago, I patiently waited by browsing through the catalogue they give you of all the wedding details and decor that they offer and got my wedding dress, bridesmaid dresses, invitations, etc., figured out. Near the end of Aug or early Sept, Marissa contacted me and that was when the real planning began. Since I already knew what I wanted and had a budget mapped out by myself already, it was a very easy planning process from there on out.

We decided on the Dreams Wedding in Paradise Package which was the most basic one out of all the wedding packages  and also free since we were staying for a week. We opted out of having any sort of welcome party or cocktail hour and instead had an informal welcome gathering at the lobby bar on our first night there for our guests to mix and mingle and that was also where I gave out all our welcome bags. Some blonde girl in a green dress who was extremely drunk kept coming up to all my male guests, including the groom and was touching them and flirting with them which was very annoying but had nothing to do with the resort. Just a heads up though that there may be drunk strangers present who might want to rain on your parade. She was also aggressively demanding me for a welcome bag too and giving me the stink eye when I said no. I am not a confrontational person so I and everyone else kind of just ignored her until she eventually slunked away. Thankfully we did not see her again during the rest of our trip. Sunday evening was the day we arrived and we had our bachelor/bachelorette parties the next day. Monday was also when my hair trial was booked at the salon ($70 USD) and Erika did a wonderful job with the hairstyle I wanted.

Tuesday was when we met Marissa for the first time and we gave her some wedding decorations that we  brought with us like our wedding cake topper and table runners. We did a quick walking rehearsal later that day with our wedding party as well. Btw, I read a few comments from people from another fb wedding group who were worried about getting into trouble from the Mexican airport staff about traveling with so many of their wedding decorations and whatnot, but I experianced zero problems.

On our actual wedding day, which was the Wednesday, everything was wonderful and stress free. I got my hair done at the salon and did my own makeup. I did not really spend money on the ceremony decor, and simply opted for what was already included in our wedding package which was the white hoopa with the drapery and the white carpeted aisle runner but I also noticed that they added a couple extras like lanterns to decorate the aisle more and a "shoes here, vows there, love everywhere" sign. A bridal bouquet was also added in the package but I didn't care to hold one and  they used it to decorate the centre podium and then later, our sweetheart table. I did not pay for any flower bouquets for my bridesmaids either. But I did pay for my flower girl's rose petals (20 USD).

Our officiant was great and unfortunately, a little boy ran out in the middle of our ceremony and interrupted the vows. We all laughed it off but some of my guests later informed me that the boy's parents were recording it on their phones the whole time and had plenty of time to stop the boy from interrupting, which made me think it was all staged which is really weird. But whatever.  The north beach location isn't the most private location but it was more private than most the other venues like the gazebo and lobby stair case and I am ultimately very happy with my choice! I chose 4:30pm for our ceremony time and it was perfect, we had enough time to take enough photos before the sunset especially since darkness falls pretty quick around this time of year.

I mentioned earlier that we opted out of a cocktail hour which I am glad I did because our guests only needed to walk a few steps away to the bar, where most hung out until the reception. Some people returned to their rooms to change into something more comfortable.

Our reception started at 6pm on the deck not far from our ceremony and it was beside the infinity pool. Not many people were in the pool and by 6:30pm, there was no one swimming which was nice because it felt more private. We did  not have a dance floor, and it was absolutely fine without it. We did splurge on the assorted dessert table but not many people ate from it because they were too full from supper which was the gold menu plated supper. The dessert table looked beautiful however. They also added lanterns on our tables and a Mr & Mrs sign on our sweetheart table which was a nice touch and items we hadn't paid for. We had no DJ, just a playlist and the rented sound system and it worked out well. A friend was our MC and he did a great job with the announcements and setting the fun atmosphere. We also had personalized maracas at each table for guests to shake everytime they wanted to see the bride and groom kiss.

My photographer was an outside vendor but still more affordable then the resort photographer and he was amazing! Please future brides, look into booking Santiago Gabay  if you're ever in Mexico!! He is super friendly, professional and knew exactly the right poses for us to do.

Everything was set up gorgeously and the wait staff were wonderful as well. My glass was never empty and neither were my guests'. We paid for an extra hour for the reception since my family and our friends love to dance so the reception lasted from 6pm to 10pm. There was a break where we went to drink more at the bar   and then the party resumed at the Desires Music Lounge.

All in all it was a  amazing day and I would rate my wedding day a 10/10! One drawback was that one of my sisters and some friends noticed that our room hadnt been cleaned all day since me and the bridal party had used it to get ready in, so they complained at the front desk. Apparently they told my sister that Marissa should have arranged for the room to be cleaned and so my friends and sister took it upon themseleves to clean our room for us and even sprinkled some rose petals on our bed. The next day, a friend went to complain at the concierge desk about the unclean room and also that we reveived no special treatment as newlyweds and the staff were extremely apologetic and made sure to clean our room and replace our dirty towels and give us a plate of chocolate covered strawberries, champagne and rose petals  which was super lovely.

Sent on 12/04/2019

Elise · Married on 04/21/2018

Unforgettable experience!

Dreams Riviera Cancun is a beautiful resort. My wedding planner Maira was amazing! She made planning a breeze and the ceremony and reception decor were so beautiful! I didn’t have to worry about anything the day of my wedding and we had such an amazing time!!

Sent on 10/16/2018

Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa FAQ

• How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer?
  • Describe your venue:
    Beach
    Hotel
  • What kind of settings are available?
    Indoor
    Uncovered Outdoor
  • Which of the following wedding events does your venue service?
    Ceremony
    Reception
  • What event services do you offer?
    Accommodations
    Cake
    Clean Up
    Event Planner
    Set Up
  • What catering services do you offer?
    Buffet
    Cocktail Reception
    Dessert
    Hors d'oeuvres
    Plated
    Server(s)

• Cancun, MX, MX 0000Z See on map
    1-866-237-3267 (Phone number)
    Location of (Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa)