douglaslevy photography

Ayer, MA View map

Want to inquire and receive more info? Click here.

More about me:

I spent six years six years umpiring professional baseball before becoming a photographer.

I believe in clean post-production, and that your wedding images are too important to fall victim to the hot Photoshop trends of the moment.

I also believes that your photos should show who you are, not just what you look like.

I also think that if you ever find yourself in Birmingham, you need to eat barbeque at Jim 'n Nicks.

When it comes to your photos, I always feel that more is not necessarily always better. Better is better.

By the way, I think everything tastes better with hot sauce. Except for cereal, that would be weird.

If you look closely during your first dance, there's a good chance I’m singing along to myself. Which would be quite embarrassing if the power ever went out.

What primary photographic style do you identify with?

Contemporary
Photojournalism
Traditional

What photography services do you offer?

High-Res Images

What photography items do you offer?

Albums
Digital Files
Flush Mount
Prints

Joanna Married on 06/20/2020

Unbelievable photos, incredible flexibility

There are almost no words to describe our experience working with Doug. In short, he was amazing.

We had originally planned for a wedding with 60 guests at an indoor venue in downtown Boston. As we got closer to the day, we realized our original plans wouldn't be feasible because of the pandemic. We shifted quickly to a backyard ceremony on Cape Cod with 10 guests. When we told Doug, he was incredibly accommodating in adjusting his plans, and let us know it would be no problem at all. We were so grateful that he was so flexible.

Now, for the actual photography. The day of, he was very professional; we almost forgot he was there (in the best possible way!). Then we got our proofs back from him in less than 2 weeks, and they were AMAZING. Our jaws were on the floor, and we couldn't stop scrolling through the gallery. It was incredible to us how he managed not only to capture the important moments of our special day, but all the emotions we were feeling and how magical it all was. Especially since my parents and most of our friends couldn't be there to celebrate, the photos are a way for us to share our wedding with them, and they mean so much to us. We will treasure every photo from Doug forever. I would recommend him in a heartbeat to any couple.
  • Tom
    Tom D. Married on 11/02/2019

Amazing photos to cherish for a lifetime!

If you're looking for a photographer then look no further. We found Doug after searching online. We FaceTime'ed with Doug when prepping for our wedding. He laid it all out out from start to finish. It was obvious that this guy had done it before... When our wedding day arrived Doug was punctual, creative, and he delivered on his promise - photos that show who we are, not just what we look like. Pick Doug. You won't regret it.
  • Christine
    Christine Married on 10/12/2019

We definitely recommend Doug!

My wife and I were so incredibly fortunate to come across Doug in our search for a wedding photographer. Doug is unbelievably responsive during the whole planning process. He is detail oriented, professional, and very accommodating. His experience really shines through when you work with him. He's shot all over the place and has probably had experience shooting at your venue/location. What really makes Doug stand out is his eye for unique shots. In addition to the traditional wedding photos you expect to get we ended up with some really unique photos that we never expected to get. We're so glad we did engagement photos with Doug before the wedding. It provided us with a great opportunity to get to know him and he was able to better understand our style so that he could really tailor our wedding photos to capture who we are as a couple. We highly recommend Doug and couldn't be happier with his work.

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2019 Winner

Real Weddings

• Katie & Tim
    102 photos · 09/22/2018

Leslie Zises Leslie Zises Wedding Officiants

This is the second time I am writing to endorse a photographer because I feel so strongly about Douglaslevy Photography. He is truly a sensational photographer and a very lovely, well mannered person. He has had a huge background which has brought his talents to this extreme level of superiority. Douglas manages to capture angles and beautiful portraits, candid shots, romantic and fun photographs with his expertise. He is quietly and gracefully navigating the wedding couple and guests without disturbing the ceremony or the guests. He manages to capture everything beautifully. As A Justice of the Peace, I notice these things. I would hire Douglas the moment you become engaged. He is the consumate professional.

Grazier Photography Grazier Photography Wedding Photographers

Doug is an extremely talented photographer, plus great to work with and spend time with. We highly recommend him!

MKD Photography MKD Photography Wedding Photographers

In some other regions there are photographers that look at other photographers at competition...they have secrets, and like to push and shove their way to the top. In Boston the network we have is amazing! There are groups where we share advice and more importantly friendship. We all work together, share leads when we are booked, and have a general attitude that there are enough weddings in New England to go around--Doug Levy is one of our favorite photographers to share business with! He is talented and the images he deliver never disappoint!

Ayer, 01432
7818201344
Location of (douglaslevy photography)

Other vendors in Boston for your wedding