11 Middlefield Dr, West Hartford, CT 06107 Map · Phone number

About Custom Ceremonies by Sara

I am an ordained minister in the United Church of Christ. I graduated with a master of divinity from North Park Theological Seminary in Chicago in 2000 and have served churches in Illinois and Connecticut. I have officiated dozens and dozens of weddings and I find that each one is so unique. I have joined couples in marriage outside on a farm, at the beach, under a tree, in an old, historic building, in big, beautiful sanctuaries, and even in a living room. Each couple has their story to share and I have always committed to telling the story of their love during each and every ceremony I have been a part of. One of the greatest joys of my work is celebrating the marriage of two souls. I live in West Hartford, Connecticut with my husband and three sons. I am passionate about social justice and advocating for fair housing. In my free time, I attend my children's sporting events, cook good food, bake until I run out of flour, read into the wee hours, write as much as I can, and spend lots of time with my family.

Contact me at revsarasalomons@gmail.com or 860-882-9791

7d09a75d387f8d68 download 1
reileyphotography 0277

2 Reviews for Custom Ceremonies by Sara

Amanda · Married on 09/10/2017

Sara recently officiated our wedding in September of 2017. She is one of the most genuinely caring and compassionate people I know and that is very apparent in how she officiates her ceremonies. Her backgrounds in christian ministry and in social work give her multiple persepctives and she provides her couples with religious and non-religous ceremony options to choose from or mix and match. My fiance and I had no idea where to start or what we wanted our ceremony to look like. Sara presented us with some "traditional" ideas and other customs or possibilities that we were able to match to our personalities. Within an ahour we were completely confident that she would provide us with a ceremonial experince that we would reemember always. Sara is my coworker and friend, but she took the time to get to know my fiance so that she could customizes her "homily" to fit the both of us. My family and friends raved about her! Standing next to her at the "altar" we felt so supported in our love on one of the most exciting but similarly nervewracking days of our lives. She is the consumate professional and her love and affection on this most important of days was infectious and reassuring. She is an open and affirming person and is supportive of love in all of it's forms. I strongly recommend her to all couples slooking for an officiant who really cares about making your day special for you!

Sent on 09/18/2017

Alessandra · Married on 09/08/2017

I can't say enough about Sara and how great she was. She took the time to set up meetings with us, really get to know us and give us a lot of options for a ceremony. My family is extremely traditional, so I was worried about how they would react to my ceremony not being held in a church. Sara really listened to what I had to say and gave us a great ceremony that still had a traditional feel, but had a more modern feel, which is exactly what we wanted. Sara is so passionate about what she does. That passion really came through and my family had nothing but great things to say about our ceremony and the officiant we chose. I would 100% recommend Sara, she was one of the best picks we made for our wedding.

Sent on 09/17/2017

Custom Ceremonies by Sara FAQ

• What is the typical price for your wedding services? $ 400.00
  • What is the starting price for your wedding services? $ 300.00
  • Does starting price include the ceremony rehearsal? Yes
  • What is the starting price for ceremony rehearsals? $ 400.00
  • What religious affiliations do you serve? Agnostic, Baptist, Lutheran, Methodist, No Denomination, Presbyterian, Unitarian
  • On average, how long are wedding ceremonies you officiate? Less than 30 mins.
  • In which states are you licensed? AL, AK, AZ, AR, CA, CO, CT, DE, DC, FL, GA, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NV, NH, NJ, NM, NY, NC, ND, OH, OK, OR, PA, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, WA, WV, WI, WY

• 11 Middlefield Dr West Hartford, 06107 See on map