23 Flint Avenue, Stoneham, MA 02180 Map · Phone number
  • Photos & Videos 23
  • Deals 1

About Conscious Elegance

Now located in the Boston area, Conscious Elegance creates custom-made gorgeous and affordable eco-friendly wedding dresses exclusively from sustainable fabrics. We'll create your dream dress, exactly as you want it, that's kind to the earth as well as to your budget. And no overseas sweatshops; your dress is made entirely in the USA for a fair living wage. All gowns are made to measure, for a dress that's individually and perfectly you.

Conscious Elegance is commited to serving and respecting clients of all gender-identifications and we pledge to create a safe space for each and every client. We are a woman-owned, ethical family company which excels in customer service. In short, we are the company that we wish others would be. Our brides not only love their gowns, they love that they are supporting an independent small business that collaborates fairly with local artists.

How do we work with our brides?

We can create your dream dress, from your ideas and sketches. If you aren't sure what you want, we offer a range of styles, from simply sweet to Hollywood glam to full-blown princess ballgowns, from swing dresses to medieval garb, because every bride is different.

Each of our designs offers the option of a lace-up bodice that's not only really flattering, but gives you a fit that's adjustable and oh so comfortable; there's no worry about changing an inch here or there before the event. Your dress can be perfect for you, whatever you you happen to be when the time comes.

Making things easy:

• We give the prices right up front — it's such a big help in budgeting when you know the bottom line from the beginning!
  • Every fitting and extra detail is included in the price before work is started; you won't be left wondering how much your dress will finally cost and you won't be adding hundreds of dollars for alterations.
  • We cater to brides near and far with special services to deal with geography - we're great at long-distance relationships!

And for DIY brides we offer our sustainable fabrics by the yard, so you can create your own designs. See our Etsy store to find your perfect fabric, or just give us a call.

Contact us for fabric swatches to see what your wedding dress can look like! Mention that you saw us in Weddingwire and we'll send you up to 6 swatches for free!

Follow Conscious Elegance on

ConsciousElegancegreenweddingdressMelissarawsilkbackH750cropped012

• Videos 1

42 Reviews for Conscious Elegance

Renee · Married on 10/31/2015

Lori is an absolute genius! I knew early in my planning process that I wanted to have a custom-made dress. A mutual friend connected us and Lori was enthusiastic, jumping into the project, headfirst. We had several meetings early on so that we were both on the same page, and I provided her with pictures of the dress that I was trying to recreate.
    I felt very strongly against buying a wedding dress from a bridal shop. I am “plus-sized”, and dreaded being binder-clipped into dress samples many sizes too small for me. Intellectually I know there are places that have lots of bigger options, but I just couldn’t face the prospect of any disheartening bridal shop experiences.
    I also felt strongly against buying a very expensive dress that I would wear once and put in storage. The implications for sweatshop labor and environmentally harmful chemical fabric processing gave me panic attacks. I wanted to know that my dress was eco-conscious and made here in the U.S. Lori’s re-use of gently worn wedding dresses was a dream come true. The dresses that became my dress had been worn and loved by at least one other bride, and any environmental damage had already been done. I was getting a lot of good karma from those dresses!
    I had Lori take my measurements, personally, and had 3 fittings along the way. I was a “nervous” bride and worried about everything. Lori put my mind at ease at every turn and checked in as soon as any questions arose so that she knew I was getting exactly what I wanted. She went far above and beyond my expectations and created the most elaborate and well-made dress that I could have ever hoped for.
    The final product was absolutely stunning! For anyone looking to have an absolute one-of-a-kind dress for their wedding, I cannot recommend Lori and Conscious Elegance highly enough. The process was so smooth and the final product so gorgeous; it fit me perfectly and it was exactly what I was dreaming of for my wedding.

Sent on 11/13/2015

Bonnie · Married on 10/11/2014

Your fabrics are so glorious!Your communication was excellent, and your work and selection of fabrics absolutely stunning. I have you on my favorite list and will be sure to direct anyone I know looking for hemp silk or beautiful eco-friendly dresses your way. Thank You again for all your help. Best Wishes, B

Sent on 11/28/2014

Jennifer · Married on 08/23/2014

FABRIC IS ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS! I KNOW MY AUNT IS GOING TO LOVE HER WEDDING DRESS - FOR BOTH ITS QUALITY, BEAUTY, AND ECO-CONSCIOUS STANCE. - Jennifer B.

Sent on 12/02/2014

Conscious Elegance FAQ

• What are your price ranges for full-priced wedding gowns? $500 - $999, $1,000 - $2,499
  • Who do you provide services for? Bride, Bridesmaids, Father of the Bride, Father of the Groom, Flower Girls, Groom, Groomsmen, Mother of the Bride, Mother of the Groom
  • Which of the following services do you provide? Appointments Only, Full Customization
  • Which of the following items do you offer? Bridal Belts, Bridal Gowns, Customary Attire, Formal Gowns, Garters, Plus Size Gowns, Sample Gowns
  • What is your return policy? Partial Sale

1 Wedding Deal & Discount

• Conscious Elegance 1
    Free fabric swatches to experience our fabrics up close!

• Redheaded Ninja
    Redheaded Ninja Wedding Photographers

Lori is amazing! Her attitude is refreshing, her expertise is impressive, and her dresses are heavenly. Her commitment to the earth is strong. I wore a Conscious Elegance dress at my own wedding, and it was exactly right for me.

• 23 Flint Avenue Stoneham, 02180 See on map