1100 S Congress, Austin, TX 78704 Map · Phone number
  • Photos & Videos 18
  • Real Weddings 2

About Christel Stuart

Dress Floofer. Groomsmen Wrangler. Storyteller.

Hello lovers... you did it! The hunt is over! You found me! I knew you would. You’ve searched high and low, swiped left and right, endured blind dates and crappy coffee.

AND THEN... you finally landed on the love of your life…

You’ve also found your

• venue

• florist

• classical ukulele player

• dove handler

NOW you need someone to MARRY YOU and here I am.

Obviously you have gathered that my name is Christel Stuart. Now, let me tell you a little about me. I left a 10 year career with AT&T to do what I do now. Officiating weddings has been the most fun, rewarding, exciting, and joyous “job” of my life. My first ceremony was my cousin’s wedding in Costa Rica in 2014 in front of a breathtaking waterfall.

Not a bad day at the office, am I right?

Cut to 6 years later and I have officiated almost 500 ceremonies in several states AND countries! I am happy to dress in costume, perform rituals like unity candles and knot-tying.

I offer custom vows or read the ones you have prepared.

When 2 people stand before me, they are filled with love and nerves and sometimes whiskey! I say some pretty words and ask some important questions and PRESTO-CHANGE-O they are MARRIED! So “changing lives” isn’t something I take lightly. Some people want a quick ceremony to “get it done” and some want the puffy marshmallow dress and the string quartet.

I respect all of those decisions. I want to complement your day. I want your wedding to feel like a dear friend told your story! I want you and your guests to say, “usually the ceremony part can be boring, but she was the best officiant I have ever seen!”

My motto is "Laughter and tears... as long as they aren't MY tears"

I live in between Austin and Bastrop. I have lived in Texas almost my entire life. I am married to a terrific, patient, handsome man named Austin and have a stepdaughter, Riley, who impresses me daily with the young woman she is becoming. Austin left a 16+ year career with AT&T to pursue HIS dream, photography (his website is here if you want to check out his phenomenal work.)

Heck of a duo, right? We have a company where we offer officiating and photography, and photo booth services together. You can check us out at Hand Heart and Crown Weddings

(ya know… in case you haven’t booked your photographer yet!)

I would love to find out more about you and what your perfect wedding day looks like. I want to change your life and marry you to the love of your life in a field, under a tree, at an outdoor chapel, in a gorgeous venue, or even out of the country. My passport is current and I can always use more stamps in it!

Follow Christel Stuart on

Videos 2 Videos

121 Reviews for Christel Stuart

Harrell Mccaslin · Getting married on 03/21/2021

Incredibly Great!

What can I say, no words will do justice describing Christel, but I will try. Christel made our wedding the happiest day of our lives, and trust me it was no easy task. Our wedding day was March 21st right as COVID hit the hardest. We couldn’t have the wedding we wanted, but Christel came through like a champ! I wouldn’t trade it for the world. I met Christel at my son’s wedding and really got to know her at my daughters wedding, that’s when I knew that she was going to do our wedding. If you want someone who will truly care about your wedding ceremony, the Bride, Groom, Brides Maids, Groomsmen, Mom and Dad for both Bride and Groom and all the family, you want Christel! THANK YOU CHRISTEL! We love you and you will always have a very special place in our hearts!

Sent on 10/13/2020
  • Chelsea & Jared

Chelsea & Jared Autrey · Getting married on 10/31/2020

There is no such thing as a boring, dull wedding when you work with Christel, the officiant with personality who personalizes your wedding to a tee!

We loved having Christel as our officiant! We spoke with a number of officiants and Christel stood out to us with her bright personality and her options to customize and personalize our ceremony. She gave us a number of ceremony structures to choose from, and we were able to mix and match what resonated most with us as well as add in a wine boxing ceremony and share our own personal vows. She also asked that we write a letter to her on why we want to marry our partner, and she used some of the quotes from our letters in our ceremony to personalize our ceremony even further!

She was great about checking in to see if we needed anything in the process and to reminding us of any deadlines. As COVID-19 became more serious in the states and restrictions were placed on gatherings, we started re-evaluating our wedding plans as our original date was 6/6/2020. Ultimately, we decided to still get married on our date with only immediate family present and reschedule our big celebration to a later, safer date for the rest of our family and friends to join us. It was a tough decision that not only affected us but also our vendors. Christel was so accommodating and encouraging through our replanning and rescheduling. She didn’t hesitate a second when we asked if she would still marry us on our original day and also agreed to officiate what will now be a vow renewal at our rescheduled wedding celebration.

On wedding day, Christel made sure to give us a rundown of ceremony flow since we didn’t do a rehearsal and helped get family organized beforehand. She cracked jokes and made us feel at ease as we got ready to walk down the aisle. She perfectly balanced the tone during the ceremony, making for moments of laughter as well as moments of happy tears. She took care of mailing our marriage license off for us which was so helpful. We loved working with Christel and are looking forward to spending another day with her whenever we do our ceremony again for the rest of our friends and family!

Sent on 07/10/2020

Michelle Summerfield · Married on 09/26/2020

Excellent and FUN!

Christel officiated our wedding on 9/26/2020 and she was excellent! Leading up to the big day she let us know what to expect and we felt well prepared. Christel is so easy to talk with and beautifully merged our personalities to create our ceremony. She kept things light hearted, upbeat and full of life. I highly recommend Christel! She is awesome and you’ll probably want to be bffs afterward!

Sent on 10/13/2020

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

Christel Stuart FAQ

• What is the typical price for your wedding services?
    $ 375.00
  • Which of the following are included in the price?
    Ceremony Rehearsal
  • What is the starting price for your wedding services?
    $ 150.00
  • Does starting price include the ceremony rehearsal?
  • What is the starting price for ceremony rehearsals?
    $ 50.00
  • What types of weddings and events do you provide services for?
    Non-religious
    Interfaith
    Ceremony Rehearsal
    Vow Renewal
    Civil Union
    Single Religion
  • What services do you provide?
    Allow Couples' Own Vows
    Licensed
  • What religious affiliations do you serve?
    No Denomination
  • On average, how long are wedding ceremonies you officiate?
    Less than 30 mins.
  • In which states are you licensed?
    MA
    TX
  • What languages do you speak?
    English

2 Real Weddings

• Angel Mountain Events Banquet Halls

Christel Stuart is a wonderful wedding officiant. Christel connects with couples and it shows during the ceremony! We know that everything will run smoothly when she is officiating an event at our facility. We look forward to working with her a lot more in the future.

• Reverend Stacey Marries Wedding Officiants

Reverend Christel Stuart is excited about making sure your ceremony is exactly what you have dreamed it could be. I've been very lucky to be her friend for nearly 15 years, and #ChangingLives is what she is truly PASSIONATE about. She has been a coach and guide to me in my endeavor to be an excellent officiant, as well. You would be hard pressed to find someone who is warmer, kinder, or more dedicated to making your service everything it should be!

• Austin Stuart Photography Wedding Photographers

Christel is the joining force between many couples. Her amazing smile & calming demeanor centers even the most nervous couples. Her spirit is delivered in her passion for love, companionship, and the beauty of matrimony. Austin Stuart Photography has partnered with Reverend Christel on many occasions and always is ready to capture her signature smile!

• 1100 S Congress Austin, TX, 78704 See on map
    (Phone number)
    Location of (Christel Stuart)
  • 272 Forest Lake Dr Del Valle, TX, 78617 See on map
    Location of (Christel Stuart)