Beacon, NY 12508 Map · Phone number
  • Pricing

About Cappy Hotchkiss Photography

I am a New York based photographer who has shot weddings from the beaches of Mexico to the Tuscan Hills of Italy, from the coast of Andalusia to the waterfalls of Iceland. And, of course, all over the five boroughs, the tri-state, and the 50 states.

I love everything about weddings. My goal is to capture them with a classic technique that has a fresh, modern feel. I am nuts about vintage cameras and actual film that you can touch. I shoot in both film and digital, depending on your preference, and I feel that each medium brings something special to the table.

I have had the privilege of having my work featured in New York Magazine, Martha Stewart Weddings, Elegant Bride, Brides, Vanity Fair, Inside Weddings, Elle, Well Wed, Vermont Vows, Grace Ormonde Wedding Style, La Bella Bride, and The Knot as well as Style Me Pretty, Grey Likes Weddings, Snippet and Ink, Project Weddings, Borrowed and Blue.

I would love to hear more about your wedding and answer any questions you have. For more information about the services Cappy Hotchkiss Photography offers, please don't hesitate to ask. I can be reached at 917-741-2730 or cappyh63@gmail.com.

Follow Cappy Hotchkiss Photography on

CH01161R01006

32 Reviews for Cappy Hotchkiss Photography

Christin · Married on 09/15/2018

Amazing! So fun!

Cappy shot our September 2018 wedding and we could not have been happier! She made sure to get all portraits that we requested while also getting a ton of candids. She was so fun and great with kids (she got so many cute ones of my niece)!!! We would absolutely recommend her to anyone for their wedding.

Sent on 11/07/2018

Cappy Hotchkiss Photography's reply:

Thank you so much, Christina and Max! The pleasure was all mine. I loved working with both of you and your family and friends were wonderful. And thank you for the opportunity to work with the amazing Magdalena Events and Heirloom Fire and, as always, Kids the Bride Films and Ava Flora.
    Btw, your dress was one of the prettiest I’ve ever seen and you wore it beautifully.

Najia · Married on 05/21/2016

Cappy agreed to meet us when we called her for a last minute meeting in Kingston. We are so happy that we found her and that she was able to accomodate us! Cappy was both an outstanding photographer and an excellent person to spend time with. She made everything simple and fun. Our family, friends and guests loved her. I had so much fun during the posed pictures and loved her presence throughout the event. We loved all of our pictures and found that they represented us and our families and friends very well. She also had beautiful, creative photo ideas. We could not imagine a better choice.

Sent on 08/11/2016

Cappy Hotchkiss Photography's reply:

Awwwww!! Thank you so much, Najia and Mike! Not just for the great review but also for being dream clients with great taste and great attitudes. Cappy

Cappy was absolutely amazing. We planned a destination wedding to NY and was one of the recommendations made by the manager from our wedding venue. I think what drew my attention to Cappy first was her pretty business card and portfolio:). On the day of our wedding, we were running behind and Cappy ensured that we obtained the desired "posed" photos and kept moving us along. She was so personable and made everyone comfortable. Guest commented on how delightful Cappy and her assistant were. She was very easy to work with and quick to respond to emails. I also loved that she is a documentary photographer. Overall, we highly recommend Cappy. She was such a delight.

Sent on 09/29/2015

Cappy Hotchkiss Photography Pricing

Cappy Hotchkiss Photography Price Rates

Cappy Hotchkiss Photography FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding photography services? $ 4,468.00
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price? High-Res Images, Digital Files, Negatives, Proofs
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package? $ 6,241.00
  • Which of the following are included in the price of your most popular wedding package? 2nd Shooter, High-Res Images, Albums, Digital Files, Negatives, Prints, Proofs
  • What photography services do you offer? Additional Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Liability Insurance, One Event / Day, Slideshow
  • What photography items do you offer? Albums, Digital Files, Negatives, Prints, Proofs, Save the Date, Thank You Cards

• DJ Bri Swatek, Spinning with Style
    DJ Bri Swatek, Spinning with Style Wedding DJs

Cappy is a true wedding professional who brings her unique vision to capturing your big day. Highly recommened, DJ Bri

• Angela Cappetta
    Angela Cappetta Wedding Photographers

Cappy's the best. She does beautiful work and shoots with passion. She is one of those rare photographers who shoots with multiple film cameras and uses beautiful analog methods in a digital workflow, something I appreciate as there aren't many of us left. In addition to being a talented shooter, Cappy is also a wonderful person, a fab mom, and a proud, NY-woman-owned business. I recommend her highly. I love her and you will, too.

• The Greenwich Tent Company
    The Greenwich Tent Company Wedding Rentals

Cappy Hotchkiss Photography elegantly captures the most precious moments of your special event. She truly has mastered both digital and film photography and chooses either medium depending upon the look and feel you are trying to capture. Having traveled throughout the world behind the lens, her extensive portfolio and frequent features in national and international magazines is a true testament to her skill and expertise. All of us at Sperry are always eager to work with Cappy Hotchkiss Photography for we know that the resulting images will be elegant, timeless and stunning.

• Beacon, 12508 See on map