NYC and surrounding areas, New York, NY 10002 Map · Phone number
Typical Price $800
  • Deals 1

About Cantor Cathy Lawrence

Ordained by the Academy for Jewish Religion in 2003, I officiate Shabbat services and Bar/Bat Mitzvah ceremonies as well as weddings.

The weddings ceremonies vary from Jewish and traditional to interfaith, and from formal/splashy to small and intimate. One was a Jewish/Hindu ceremony in which the groom arrived on a horse. One took place in a Catholic church and was co-led by a wonderful priest. Two brides recently married by a lake in Central Park, and a couple from Canada eloped to be wed in High Line Park. The weddings are tailored to the needs of those involved. I encourage family and friends to participate, whether through planned readings or musical contributions, artistic offerings (a handsome, quilted chuppah, a specially designed and painted ketubah) or though invitations during the ceremony- for joining in an "Amen" chorus for a final song, or, in one case, for spontaneous remarks of reminiscence and blessing in the midst of an otherwise silent prayer. This last took place in a Quaker meeting house in downtown Manhattan. Many couples write their own vows, which I often find is the most delightful aspect of the ceremony.

What is the process? Generally we will email and/or speak on the phone and then set up a meeting. I will explain my way of working, provide an outline of a typical ceremony, and gather information about you- who you are, how you met, and your hopes and wishes for your ceremony. Many couples have clear and sometimes fixed ideas along these lines. They want spiritual but not religious, religious but not exclusive of others' beliefs, lots of reference to God, no reference to God, short and sweet, long and inclusive of certain rituals, lots of music, no music, etc. Occasionally, there will be differences between partners, or concerns about how the family of one side will react to the ceremony. We will find the path of maximum peace and enjoyment for you and your guests. I am entirely dedicated to making your wedding ceremony as wonderful as you and your future spouse can imagine. After the initial meeting, I will draft a ceremony based on our discussion, which I will email to you. Typically we will email back and forth a number of times until the ceremony is exactly what you want.

Please contact me at cathylawrence@verizon.net

Or call 212 932-9404

Follow Cantor Cathy Lawrence on

shirlyn and jonathan kiss
robyn and gabe chuppah
Cantor Cathy Lawrence
robyn abd gabe marriage l
robyn gabe me
Cantor Cathy Lawrence
erica and abbi on brooklyn beach
erica abbi me
shirlyn and jonathan kiss
robyn and gabe chuppah

23 Reviews for Cantor Cathy Lawrence

Marcelina · Married on 07/06/2018

Cantor Cathy was a delight to work with. She helped us to work out the language for our service to make sure that it was a true reflection of myself and my husband. We had many people outside of the Jewish faith in attendance so she made a special effort to explain and make sure that everyone was comfortable. Many people have mentioned that the words she shared about us as couple and the traditions of the ceremony itself were a highlight of the day... Obviously, I don't want to get married again but if I did I'd have Cathy again.

Sent on 08/13/2018

Emily · Married on 02/10/2018

When my husband and I decided we wanted to have an interfaith ceremony, we knew we wanted to honor the Jewish traditions I am accustomed to, and also invite our non-Jewish guests and relatives (and my now husband!) to feel connected to our ceremony. We would not have had the first clue about navigating this without Cantor Cathy Lawrence. Cantor Cathy is a pure gem. She took time to get to know us and always listened to our needs, hopes, and concerns, and had incredible insight into crafting a ceremony that was meaningful not only to my husband and me, but also to our families and friends. When I think back to our ceremony, it fills me with so much joy. Cantor Cathy helped us launch our journey into our marriage, and we could not have had a more positive and loving experience.

Sent on 06/17/2018

Michelle · Married on 10/08/2017

Cathy is really special. We loved getting to know her as worked on our ceremony with her. We had an interfaith ceremony and she was so helpful in finding a beautiful balance between the two religions. She is warm and a delight to be around. Our ceremony was hands down our favorite part of our wedding and we had Cathy to thank for that!

Sent on 11/19/2017

Cantor Cathy Lawrence's reply:

Thank you, I loved being part of your beautiful wedding!

Cantor Cathy Lawrence FAQ

• What is the typical price for your wedding services?
    $ 800.00
  • What is the starting price for your wedding services?
    $ 700.00
  • Does starting price include the ceremony rehearsal?
  • What is the starting price for ceremony rehearsals?
    $ 150.00
  • What is the starting price for pre-marital counseling (per session)?
    $ 150.00
  • What types of weddings and events do you provide services for?
    Non-religious
    Interfaith
    Ceremony Rehearsal
    Vow Renewal
    Civil Union
    Single Religion
  • What services do you provide?
    Allow Couples' Own Vows
    Licensed
    Premarital Counseling
    Bilingual
  • What religious affiliations do you serve?
    Agnostic
    Shinto
    Sikhism
    Taoist
    Unitarian
  • On average, how long are wedding ceremonies you officiate?
    Less than 30 mins.
    30-60 mins.
  • In which states are you licensed?
    AL
    WA
    WV
    WI
    WY
  • What languages do you speak?
    English
    French
    Hebrew

1 Wedding Deal & Discount

• Cantor Cathy Lawrence 1
    -5%
    5% discount for WeddingWire couples

• Another Wild Hare Wedding Planners

Cantor Cathy was wonderful to work with! I worked with her for a Hindu/Jewish wedding on May 11th, 2013. She performed the ceremony along side a Hindu Priest. Cathy was very personable and a true joy to work with. She made the ceremony very personalized and arrived early each time.

• NYC and surrounding areas New York, 10002 See on map
    any time
    Location of (Cantor Cathy Lawrence)