25 Meadowbrook Lane, Stonington, CT 06355 Map · Phone number

About Brambles and Bittersweet Wedding Flowers

Brambles and Bittersweet is a family owned organic farm specializing in locally grown flowers for businesses, weddings, and evocative arrangements for all engagements. As a farm we also provide organically grown fruits and vegetables for farm-to-table restaurants.

We are happy to work to meet all your needs, including providing flowers and arrangement training for DYI weddings, or growing specific heirloom vegetables/flowers for your restaurant or event. We look forward to hearing from you.

- Carol Mann

Brambles and Bittersweet Wedding Flowers 6
Brambles and Bittersweet Wedding Flowers 7

Marybeth · Married on 07/21/2019

Beautiful flowers, lovely people

I can't say enough about Laura and Carol of Brambles and Bittersweet. From my first meeting with Carol, I could tell she understood my vision. I loved their floral designs and commitment to sustainability. They worked within my very modest budget to ensure we had beautiful flowers and came up with creative ideas that never even occurred to me. Our wedding ended being on one of the hottest days of the summer. We were all worried about the viability of the flowers given the heat and the fact that we were using the ceremony flowers as centerpieces for the reception. It wasn't an issue. The flowers held up beautifully and many people commented on how pretty the arrangements and bouquets were. If you're looking for a florist in the Mystic area, Carol and Laura receive my highest recommendation. They are wonderful people and extremely talented florists!

Sent on 09/20/2019
    Brambles and Bittersweet Wedding Flowers 13
    Brambles and Bittersweet Wedding Flowers 14

Andrea · Married on 05/18/2019

Highly Reccommend!

I can't say enough wonderful things about Brambles and Bittersweet! We worked with Carol and Laura and they were amazing. They are super knowledgable and realistic about the kinds of flowers we wanted and could use for the wedding based on the time of year. Carol was able to incorporate all of my favorite flowers and we got endless compliments on the bouquets, centerpieces and boutonnieres. She was so creative and went above and beyond for everything! I highly, highly recommend them and was so trilled to use an amazing local florist!!

Sent on 05/28/2019
  • Yael

Yael · Married on 08/24/2018

Amazing locally-sourced florist with a creative eye

When searching for a florist for our August wedding at Saltwater Farm Vineyard, it was really important for us to find someone who would source locally grown, seasonal florals throughout our wedding. The venue is already so gorgeous that we did not feel we needed a ton of decoration, but rather flowers to compliment the natural beauty of the space. I was not tied to a specific type of flower, but rather gave some broad instruction (ie, colors, loosely gathered sort of feel, natural) and wanted to find an expert who would bring that to life. Carol and Laura embraced our vision and did such a fantastic job with our wedding. I would choose Brambles and Bittersweet again and again. We also had a pretty limited budget, and they were able to work with us to create stunning and creative centerpieces using painted wine bottles I provided (which other florists said couldn't be done), breathtaking bouquets and boutonnieres, and a simple but perfect loose foliage treatment of our chuppah. They were excellent communicators and perfect day-of vendors (Laura showed up early to help the men pin their boutonnieres). I gave Carol permission to cut up my mom's veil and use it to decorate my bouquet, and she did such a beautiful job with that. I also absolutely loved that Carol coordinated the donation of our centerpieces to a local rehab center in Mystic after our wedding. Thank you so much!!!

Sent on 12/04/2018

Award

Brambles and Bittersweet Wedding Flowers FAQ

• What is the average price for a bridal bouquet? $ 176.00
  • What is the average price for a bridesmaid bouquet? $ 125.00
  • What is the average price for a boutonniere? $ 18.00
  • What is the average price for a low table arrangement (per arrangement)? $ 95.00
  • Which of the following are included in the cost of your floral services? Clean Up, Consultations, Delivery, Samples, Set Up, Venue Visit
  • How would you describe your floral designs? Classic, Eclectic, Nautical, Romantic, Rustic, Vintage
  • Which of the following services do you provide? Clean Up, Consultations, Delivery, Event Design, Floral Preservation, Set Up, Venue Visit

• 25 Meadowbrook Lane Stonington, Connecticut, 06355 See on map