The Black Diamond Gardens, a country club in the greater Seattle, Washington area, welcomes couples to the venue for their wedding day. This outdoorsy and country space features forested country gardens and a greenhouse reception venue. All the buildings and sites at this location are surrounded by lush vibrant wildlife. Couples can find this venue roughly 40 minutes from the Seattle-Tacoma International Airport.
Facilities and Capacity
Up to 260 guests can join couples on their wedding day at the Black Diamond Gardens. There are many lawn and garden spaces at this venue where couples can host their wedding ceremony and reception. The Pavilion is a great location for a ceremony. The natural wooden pavilion welcomes couples who wish to begin their lives together beneath its beams. This structure overlooks the Shade Garden, where a crisp lawn space awaits in the dappled shade of mature trees. This lawn also features a fire pit ringed by stones. The Arbor is a gorgeous walkway in front of the Banquet Greenhouse. Shaded by vines and other plant life, couples can use this covered sidewalk space as an aisle, or as the perfect location for wedding portraits. Beside the Banquet Greenhouse, couples can say their “I do’s” on a well-manicured green lawn. There is a small paved stage area painted in a terra cotta color. To the side, they will also find a pergola and a gazebo. In the Banquet Greenhouse, couples will find a traditional greenhouse structure, cleared away for their wedding celebration. The glass walls and ceiling of this venue let plenty of sunlight enter and — at night — allow couples to celebrate under the stars or by the light of the moon.
There is a Bridal suite and Groom's Cave for couples at this wedding venue. While the couples prepare and relax, the staff can help with setup for the occasion. Though the country club hosts its share of wedding ceremonies and receptions, it welcomes wedding events of all varieties. This flexible venue also opens its doors to bridal showers and engagement parties. The Black Diamond Gardens help couples with many aspects of their wedding day. The helpful staff assists with lighting and sound needs, while pointing couples in the direction of trusted outside vendors, though couples are free to choose any vendor for their wedding day. Guests will delight in the onsite parking, and event rentals take the stress off of couples’ shoulders. Event items for a couple’s wedding may include:
Other couples have also viewed:
15 Reviews for Black Diamond Gardens
Recommended by 97% of couples
8 User photos
Marie Serica · Married on 09/29/2019
Beautiful Venue & Amazing Staff!
My husband and I got married at Black Diamond Gardens exactly one month ago today! I first discovered BDG listed in Seattle Bride Magazine. We immediately fell in love with the venue after watching a video on their website and seeing photos online, so we scheduled a tour with owner Deidre for that same week. We initially weren’t planning on having a Sunday wedding, but there was only one date still open for September 2019 (10 months away at the time) and it was slightly cheaper than the Friday/Saturday rate. There was no pressure at all from Deidre, but we ended up signing and paying a deposit that same day because we knew we had found the perfect place.
I remember how overwhelming it was to search for and compare wedding venues, so I listed our “review” in bullet points below in hopes that this will be easier to read for those of you looking for specific information. Best of luck to anyone wedding planning!
|| VENUE ||
- Great venue!
- Various areas for ceremony, cocktail hour, and dinner program
- Beautiful outdoor garden spaces and indoor greenhouse reception area
- Needs little to no additional decoration
- Gazebo (lights up at night)
- Colorful foliage
- Long wooden dock and pond, bride & groom can take photos in small boat
- Plenty of areas for photoshoots, all within a short walking distance (it was a huge plus considering our ceremony ran way longer than anticipated, reducing our photo time)
- I visited six times before my wedding; November 2018, December, twice in May 2019, twice in July. The venue looked a little different with every visit as the foliage changed colors with the seasons and Deidre continually adds flowers and plants to revamp an already beautiful venue into an even more enchanting place.
|| STAFF & COMMUNICATION ||
- Very flexible and accommodating whenever we requested to visit (first time tour, with our vendors, with our parents, etc.)
- Use of online event management tool to keep track of venue-related action items and deadlines so you’re always on the same page with venue staff
- Easy to contact and quick to respond (call, text, email)
|| PRICE & VALUE ||
- Great value for your $$
- Deidre puts people first, before profit
- Very transparent with contract terms and rates (no hidden fees)
- The venue staff set up all tables and chairs per your approved -floor plan, so when your day of coordinator and vendors arrive, the basics are already taken care of and any additional decorations can be put up
|| VENDORS ||
- Freedom to choose most of our own vendors (only our bartender had to be chosen from their list)
- For safety and to protect the beautiful gardens, you are required to hire childcare from their pre-approved nanny list if you will have 6 or more children under the age of 13 present. We chose to have a “no kids” wedding and it was great! All of our guests loved having a “date night” with their partners. Many told us during dinner that this was their first “night out” without their child(ren) in years!
|| RENTALS ||
- Bridal Cottage, “Groom’s Cave”, tables, chairs, sound system, and more included with venue fees
- The venue offers a wide range of optional items you can rent (lawn games, signage, decorations, etc.). We rented white china sets from BDG along with a large green foliage backdrop with white “Mr.” and “Mrs.” signs for our photo booth.
|| GUEST EXPERIENCE ||
- Quiet and peaceful (away from the city)
Ample parking to accommodate our 200+ guests
- Clean restrooms, ADA accessible
- Animals (goats, rabbits, doves)
- Fire pit
- Plug-in for outdoor stage speaker system
- High quality speaker system in greenhouse
- Plenty of seating inside greenhouse for 220 people, still had plenty of space open for large dance floor
Thank you Deidre, Breanna, and the BDG staff for providing us a beautiful garden and wonderful customer service for our special day! We’ll be recommending this venue to everyone we know for years to come!Sent on 10/29/2019
Sandina A · Married on 09/08/2019
Amazing, amazing, & amazing
My husband and I got married here on 9/8! The venue is stunning, even with minimal decorations. Deidre was the perfect host, responded to all our questions in a timely manner, and made our wedding experience a lot less stressful. Our guests raved about how beautiful the garden & greenhouse were. Thank you!!Sent on 10/10/2019
Miranda Jade Nenkov · Married on 06/15/2019
Loved having our wedding here. It was beautiful and the owner was easy to work with.Sent on 06/29/2019
Black Diamond Gardens's reply:Thank you Miranda! You and your whole family were like a dream date. What a pleasure it is to work with lovely people. Congrats.
Black Diamond Gardens Price Rates
I have photographed several events at Black Diamond Gardens and am always pleased with my experience! Deidre has a beautiful space with wonderful amenities. She has a laid-back personality that makes her easy and enjoyable to work with and her commitment to beauty and excellence at her venue makes you feel confident that she'all go above and beyond to ensure your event will go smoothly! As a photographer, I can tell you that she has a great eye for detail and the lighting at this venue is amazing! From the rustic tables and indoor trees to the diffused greenhouse light and the colorful plant variety, this venue is top notch!
Such a beautiful venue and Deidre is so wonderful to work with!
Great venue with a great owner. Secluded and private while at the same time easily accessible guests and vendors. Can accommodate large guest counts both inside and outside. A private pond, dock, meadows, farm animals and more give you plenty of options for fun and unique videography and photography on site as well.