6530 Colbath Ave., Van Nuys, CA 91401 Map · Phone number

About Betsy diFrancesca, Hair and Makeup

Betsy diFrancesca, Hair and Makeup is a Valley Glen, California-based business that offers hair and makeup services to brides in the Los Angeles area. The owner, Betsy, is a professional makeup artist and hairstylist who has been in the entertainment industry for 30 years. On the day of your wedding, Betsy diFrancesca, Hair and Makeup, will bring out all of your natural beauty with Betsy’s signature “less is more” approach.

Betsy diFrancesca, Hair and Makeup, provides a variety of hair and makeup services to brides and their entire bridal party on their special day. Those services include a hair trial prior to the wedding day, updos and professional hairstyling, contour makeup, eye makeup, natural makeup, tattoo coverage and false eyelashes. Betsy diFrancesca is available to travel to your wedding venue and offers onsite makeup services.

Follow Betsy diFrancesca, Hair and Makeup on

Betsy diFrancesca, Hair and Makeup 5
  • Joe

Joe Goldman · Getting married on 04/11/2020

Excellent Wedding Makeup for Grooms & Relatives

My husband and I weren't even planning on hiring a makeup artist for our wedding, but when some of our relatives expressed an interest, we took the plunge. Betsy was great for our Baby Boomer mothers and Millennial sisters, wasn't hyper-bridesmaid-focused in style (which is good, because we're a same-sex male couple and didn't have a wedding party beyond immediate family), and everyone looked FABULOUS! My husband and I also had light makeup done in advance of the ceremony, bringing out the best in us without making us look like we had makeup done in the first place.

Our relatives caused some drama over the scheduling of the makeup work, but Betsy graciously took the whole thing in stride and when all was said and done, everyone was so happy with how they looked and the timing of everything being done. Thank you, Betsy!

Sent on 12/21/2019

Betsy diFrancesca, Hair and Makeup's reply:

Thank you so much Joe! Amber and I had such a great time with everyone- and we loved the makeup room at the Skirball! It was a blast working with you all!
  • Jessica

Jessica Azerrad · Married on 09/01/2019

Amazing Hair & Makeup

Betsy was incredible- she was so patient and professional.
    The amount of people getting makeup kept changing and she took the changes in stride. She ended up adding a helper for the day, Amber, who was incredible. Amber worked on the kids and made them look great and she knew how to talk to them and keep them occupied.
    She gave everyone in the wedding party a unique look and everyone felt and looked beautiful.
    She organized the timing of everything from the kids, parents/in-law to me (the bride) our makeup and hair lasted the entire event and the pictures look great.
    She was cool under pressure and accommodated my mother’s health issues.
    I had 2 trials one with Betsy one with someone else and there was no competition, Betsy knew what to do, didn’t overdo my makeup or hair- the colors were right. She took a picture of the trial so I could refer back to it, which helped enormously and it helped her for the actual day of.
    She also provided everyone with a touch up kit which was so helpful and sweet.
    I was so nervous while getting my makeup done- it ended up being just me and my future step daughter in the room and I think I could have chewed glass and not minded it, I was just so nervous thinking about the life change I was making and Betsy’s presence was calming- I think I would have just cried had I been left in the room by myself- thinking about the day and the commitment I was making, but Betsy was centering in her calmness and professionalism and I am so grateful for that.
    My sister in law just texted me out of the blue to tell me how great Betsy was and my mom also sent her a giant thank you email.
    I wish I had more occasions to work with Betsy because I wouldn’t hesitate to hire her anytime I needed extraordinary hair & makeup.

Betsy diFrancesca, Hair and Makeup 6
    Betsy diFrancesca, Hair and Makeup 7
    Betsy diFrancesca, Hair and Makeup 8
    Betsy diFrancesca, Hair and Makeup 9
    Betsy diFrancesca, Hair and Makeup 10
    Betsy diFrancesca, Hair and Makeup 11
    Sent on 09/14/2019

Betsy diFrancesca, Hair and Makeup's reply:

Thank you SO much, Jessica! Amber and I had such a great time working with all of you! Everyone, your current family and your new family, were so wonderful. And then to get such beautiful notes from you and your mom right after the wedding! We felt so honored to be a part of your special day! I hope you had a fabulous honeymoon in Hawaii! I wish you all the best!
    XO Betsy

Megan Karasch · Married on 05/26/2019

Gorgeous work!

I cannot be happier with my choice of hair and makeup artist! Betsy was professional and kind and turned me, my mother and my sister into the most beautiful versions of ourselves. She will do exactly what you ask and will offer opinions when requested. She was reasonably priced, to boot.
    Even more - when my wedding venue shut down unexpectedly two weeks before my wedding, she contacted wedding planners she knew and offered to help me find a new location for my wedding. She went above and beyond and I could't be more thrilled with her service. The highest recommendation for Betsy!

Sent on 05/28/2019

Betsy diFrancesca, Hair and Makeup's reply:

Thank you so much for the lovely review! And, 2 days after your wedding! I was so impressed with how well you handled having to find a new venue 2 weeks before your wedding!
    You , your Mom and sister were so wonderful...I so enjoyed working with you all starting with the trial run!
    Thank you again and I wish you all the best!
    Betsy

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

Betsy diFrancesca, Hair and Makeup FAQ

• What is the base price for blowouts for attendants/family members?
    $ 75.00
  • What is the base price for updos/styling for brides?
    $ 150.00
  • What is the price of trial service for updos/styling for brides?
    $ 75.00
  • What is the base price for updos/styling for attendants/family members?
    $ 38.00
  • What is the base price for traditional makeup for brides?
    $ 150.00
  • What is the price of trial service for traditional makeup for brides?
    $ 75.00
  • What is the base price for traditional makeup for attendants/family members?
    $ 38.00
  • Does makeup price include false lashes?
  • Which of the following are included in prices?
    Assistant Fee
  • What beauty services do you offer?
    Consultations
    Hair
    Makeup
    Men's Grooming
    Mult. Stylists
  • What hair services do you offer?
    Updos / Styling
    Hair Trial
    On-Site Hair
  • What makeup services do you offer?
    Contour Makeup
    Eye Makeup
    Natural Makeup
    On-Site Makeup
    Wedding Party Makeup
    Makeup Trial
    Fake Lashes
    Tattoo Coverage
  • What is the maximum group size you can accommodate?

• Solace Weddings
    Solace Weddings Wedding Videographers

• Pivotal Video Productions
    Pivotal Video Productions Wedding Videographers

Betsy is a true professional and artist. She really stays true to her motto by making you the most beautiful version of you. Being a videographer, I see all the behind the scenes of the process Betsy goes through with a bride on her wedding day. From the first brush stroke to the last touch-up, she works her magic and the results really show well on camera. For one of the most important days of your life, which will happen to be the day you'll be photographed and video taped more than any other time of your life, I highly suggest hiring Betsy to give you the look that will be captured for a life time of memories.

• Flowers by Dan
    Flowers by Dan Wedding Florists

Betsy is the Best in the business..I have worked with her many times. She has so much patience and a great artist!

• 6530 Colbath Ave. Van Nuys, California, 91401 See on map
    8186931312 (Other Phone Number)