Betsy diFrancesca, Hair and Makeup Reviews

Betsy diFrancesca, Hair and Makeup 4
Betsy diFrancesca, Hair and Makeup 5

Megan Karasch · Married on 05/26/2019

Gorgeous work!

I cannot be happier with my choice of hair and makeup artist! Betsy was professional and kind and turned me, my mother and my sister into the most beautiful versions of ourselves. She will do exactly what you ask and will offer opinions when requested. She was reasonably priced, to boot.
    Even more - when my wedding venue shut down unexpectedly two weeks before my wedding, she contacted wedding planners she knew and offered to help me find a new location for my wedding. She went above and beyond and I could't be more thrilled with her service. The highest recommendation for Betsy!

Sent on 05/28/2019

Betsy diFrancesca, Hair and Makeup's reply:

Thank you so much for the lovely review! And, 2 days after your wedding! I was so impressed with how well you handled having to find a new venue 2 weeks before your wedding!
    You , your Mom and sister were so wonderful...I so enjoyed working with you all starting with the trial run!
    Thank you again and I wish you all the best!

Kaitlin Shilling · Married on 03/10/2019

A Natural look for the best me!

Betsy was a delight to work with. She was incredibly responsive with short turnaround times, changing the time of our trial run and the start time for hair and make up on the day. She really listened to what I wanted - a natural look that made me look like my best me. My partner hates make-up, but really thought I looked great on the day.

I really recommend a trial run - it gave me the confidence that I would look great on the day, so that morning I could just relax while Betsy did her thing. We tried a couple different looks for my eyes, and a few lipsticks - which was fun and again just reassuring for me since I rarely wear much make up (mascara only!).

She also did a great job on my hair, making it look like how I imagine it looks when I wear it down (but which it almost never looks like when I do it!).

She was a great part of the team and it was so fun to look at the photos and feel like I actually look good in all of them.

Sent on 03/25/2019

Betsy diFrancesca, Hair and Makeup's reply:

Thank you SO much, Kaitlin! I had such a great time working with you at your lovely Air BnB and meeting Lars! I know you had a wonderful wedding and I know you'll have a beautiful marriage! All the best to you,

Martha Rivera · Married on 12/02/2018

Hair and Makeup for Two Brides? No Problem!

From the initial trial to our wedding day, my wife and I loved working with Betsy. She has a sweet and calming demeanor that was so needed during the craziness of the wedding day. She was very collaborative and patient with us as we went through the process of finding our perfect look. It took us a couple of trials to get it just right and each time Betsy was willing to meet with us to figure it out. Going to her studio was a treat. It was a perfect blend of Nancy Meyers and LA cool with a killer soundtrack to complete the vibe. Betsy made two brides very happy on their wedding day. She did both our hair and makeup with plenty of time to spare. The day of the wedding she brought Natasha to work on the two moms. The four of us had a different, unique look. Not to brag but we all looked beautiful thanks to her.

Sent on 03/30/2019

Betsy diFrancesca, Hair and Makeup's reply:

Martha, It was such a blast working with you both and meeting your amazing families! I just loved spending time with you and Abbey during the trial and the wedding! I love the pictures Monica Linda took that day( and your engagement photos!).
    I wish you all the best!

Belinda · Married on 08/18/2018

Betsy and her assistant, Natasha, were amazing! They are talented, quick, and an absolute pleasure to work with. Our hair and make-up stayed in tact the entire day. I would highly recommend Betsy to any fellow bride!!

Sent on 09/19/2018
    Betsy diFrancesca, Hair and Makeup 6
    Betsy diFrancesca, Hair and Makeup 7

Betsy diFrancesca, Hair and Makeup's reply:

Thank you SO much, Belinda! Natasha and I had such a great time with your friends and family!

Brianna · Married on 07/28/2018

Betsy not only created gorgeous looks for each of my bridesmaids, but was also such pleasure to have around. The getting-ready process can be a bit stressful, and instead she made everything painless and fun. My bridesmaids loved how they looked so much that they're using their wedding day looks as their profile photos! I highly recommend hiring Betsy, and would do so for any event in the future.

Sent on 09/20/2018

Betsy diFrancesca, Hair and Makeup's reply:

Thank you SO much, Brianna! I so enjoyed working with your friends and meeting your family! Everyone was so lovely!

Julia · Married on 06/02/2018

Betsy was amazing. My hair and makeup turned out beautiful, for my wedding. I received so many compliments. I felt like a princess!

Sent on 09/03/2018

Betsy diFrancesca, Hair and Makeup's reply:

You ARE a princess, Julia! And, you looked so lovely!

Hayley · Married on 05/27/2018

Betsy did a wonderful job on my makeup for my wedding. She came to me as a recommendation from my wedding coordinator only a few weeks before the wedding, and we scheduled a trial for a few days before the event since i was not in town until then. The trial was a super relaxing and supportive experience. I don’t wear a lot of makeup but I immediately felt I was in great hands and she knew what I wanted to do. The day of she was early, had all of her supplies and was just a complete pro. I’m so glad she was part of my wedding. I felt beautiful and she was a huge part of that!

Sent on 06/07/2018
    Betsy diFrancesca, Hair and Makeup 8
    Betsy diFrancesca, Hair and Makeup 9
    Betsy diFrancesca, Hair and Makeup 10

Daria · Married on 01/20/2018

Amazing! Definitely recommend her!

Sent on 02/12/2018

Betsy diFrancesca, Hair and Makeup's reply:

Thank you, Daria and it was so nice working with you again!

KAREN · Married on 08/27/2017

Betsy was a gem to work with. I originally asked her to do my makeup for my son's wedding. The dry run came out great and was a big test, since the wedding was outdoors in what was supposedly a very hot time of the year. After the test run, I spent 6 hours in 95 degree heat walking around Disneyland. If the makeup didn't melt off my face then, it would not melt at any time. A few weeks before the wedding, I added my hair to her responsibilities. We sent pictures back and forth and she gave her honest opinion of what she felt would look best with my dress and she was correct. I received so many compliments. Thank you Betsy, you are amazing and now my "go-to" whenever I have a special event.

Sent on 10/14/2017

Betsy diFrancesca, Hair and Makeup's reply:

Thank you so much, Karen! I had such a blast working with you and chatting with you! I'm so glad you were happy with everything!

Joanna · Married on 07/15/2017

Betsy was fantastic! She did a test run a few months before the wedding and worked with me to get the exact look I wanted. She could tell I din't like the first up-do, so she changed it up and kept trying things until I loved it. On the day of the wedding, she came to the venue and did not only my makeup and hair, but also my matron of honor's and my mother's. She worked quickly with an exquisite attention to detail. Her work was phenomenal and, despite the amount of sweating a wedding in the summer entails, my makeup and hair were perfect to the very end. I would highly recommend Betsy to any prospective bride--she'll get you that perfect look and you'll feel confident that you'll look stunning to the very end of your night!

Sent on 07/27/2017

Betsy diFrancesca, Hair and Makeup's reply:

Thank you so much, Joanna! It was such a pleasure working with your loving family and meeting your friends. The venue was gorgeous, too! I wish you and your husband all the best!

elizabeth · Married on 07/08/2017

Betsy was incredible. The makeup and hair turned out absolutely beautiful. We could not have asked for a more amazing hair and makeup artist for our special day!!

Sent on 11/26/2017

Allison · Married on 06/17/2017

Betsy was an absolute dream to work with for both my wedding and my engagement photo session. She was willing to come to my apartment before my engagement shoot to help with the timing and went above and beyond on my wedding day by offering to follow us to the venue (since we got ready at a hotel nearby) to touch up my hair and place my veil.

Betsy is not only an artist and a true master at what she does - she is incredibly personable and made me feel calm and relaxed. My make up has never looked better - the perfect balance between photo ready and still natural where I felt my best without feeling over done. Betsy's entire team that she brought with her on the day were also fantastic and all my bridesmaids and mom were so happy with their work and looked amazing!

Betsy also takes the time to speak with you about the look you are aiming to have on your big day, happy to go through photos and test out different looks and styles until you find what you like. Going to her house for my make up test was one of my favorite parts of the process as it felt like a fun afternoon of pampering and helped assure my anxiety about figuring out the "perfect look" for the day. I could not recommend working with Betsy more for not only your wedding, but any special event you may have coming up!

Sent on 07/12/2017

Betsy diFrancesca, Hair and Makeup's reply:

Thank you so much for this lovely review, Allison! My team and I were so fortunate to work with you and your family! Everyone couldn't have been nicer!

Patricia · Married on 05/13/2017

I can't begin to express how much I loved working with Betsy. We sat and discussed my ideas (or lack thereof) about the wedding, my personal style, and even color choices. Our trial was a lot of fun and really set the tone, as well as the style, for the big day. I do think she made me look like the best me possible, and was so willing to make any changes that I needed. She's a lot of fun, and she made the whole process easy. Plus, her rates are so reasonable!! I'm definitely calling her again should any big events arise that need a pro touch.

Sent on 05/23/2017

Patricia,
    Thank you SO much for the lovely review! You were a joy to work with and I loved meeting your friends and family! I wish you and Andy the best for the future!
    XO Betsy

Andrea · Married on 10/09/2016

Betsy and her teammate, Amber, were a breeze to work with. They showed up early, and had everything set up in a matter of 15 minutes. All of the bridesmaids and family looked gorgeous. My bridal makeup was beyond perfect and stayed on all day long, even after dancing. What I liked best is that Betsy's style is very natural and simple. You will still look like yourself, just prettier and more refined. The only thing that got a little tricky was time- so I was never able to get the little sample of lip color she used on me. But, that is not a big deal, because I had something similar. Regardless, brides- plan way extra time for hair and makeup. I had a lot of random family members decide they wanted make-up done last minute, and Betsy was able to accommodate, which was helpful. She has been in the business a long time and it was evident in the way she was able to do makeup on all skin types and ages. In a nutshell, I would highly recommend. Betsy will have a trial, which is super helpful. She also does individual lashes which was waaaaaaay better than the strip, but I would have never known had I not had the trial. Make sure to book this.

Sent on 11/27/2016

Morgan · Married on 09/03/2016

Betsy is the sweetest! She went out of her way to accommodate a last minute request to get ready in a different location! She truly makes you feel like the most beautiful version of yourself on your big day! Her associates are equally kind and talented! I would use her again in a heart beat!

Sent on 09/25/2016

Lucy · Married on 07/03/2016

Betsy was an absolute gem. I went in to our pre-wedding session without a real vision for makeup or hair, and wasn't able to provide much guidance at the start. Betsy took the little I did give her and just rolled with it, pretty much nailing a look that felt natural and authentically me on the first go. When it came to adjusting the final touches, she was very receptive to feedback and easy to work with. I'd definitely recommend Betsy to other brides!

Sent on 08/12/2016

Alexa · Married on 06/01/2016

Definitely book Betsy she was absolutely amazing and I could not have been happier with her makeup job. I have gotten my makeup done at many different places and with many different people and Betsy's work is by far my favorite!

Sent on 08/06/2016

Rachel · Married on 05/28/2016

Betsy and Amber were FABULOUS! I need to start out by saying that me and my group of girls tend to be minimalists when it comes to hair and makeup, so we all get a little scared when it's time to get all done up. (I know at least a few of us have had bad experiences in the past with wedding makeup). Betsy and Amber not only made us feel relaxed and beautiful, but they really listened to us and made adjustments till everything felt perfect. Even more than this, I went all crazy-bride and decided to change my hair style last minute. She was super accommodating and gave me a second hair trial the week of the wedding - which was really just going above and beyond. Their prices are reasonable and their services are outstanding. I am forever recommending them to anyone looking for hair and makeup services, I can't imagine my wedding day without them!

Sent on 06/08/2016

Katrina · Married on 02/14/2016

Betsy did a great job for my wedding hair and makeup. She is very professional, responsive and flexible wherever I wanted changes. I loved having Betsy help out on my wedding day and she is so wonderful to work with! I was very happy with how it turned out.

Sent on 03/21/2016

Holly · Married on 12/01/2015

Betsy is a phenomenal makeup artist and hair dresser! Betsy styled my hair and makeup for an event last night. I am a wedding coordinator and due to the industry I am in, have had my hair and makeup done many times before. Betsy's approach is so calm, kind and easy. I met at her home and she has tea and coffee cake waiting for me as well as soothing music on in the background. It was like being with an old friend. We laughed, chatting about our lives and the two hours flew by. Betsy has such a light and gentle touch. I was so relaxed I literally could have fallen asleep in the chair. Her little hands are light feathers!! My hair and makeup looked beautiful all evening. I was so happy with the results and will continue to use her services in the future and refer them to my bridal clients!

Sent on 12/02/2015

Gillian · Married on 11/28/2015

Besty and her assistant Vanessa were perfect and so professional through the whole make-up and hair process for the wedding. Besty was extremely responsive to email from the get-go, she did a very helpful trial run for me and was responsive to my feedback on what I liked or wanted to change a bit. On the day of the wedding Betsy and Vanessa showed up exactly on time and did a fabulous job making me, my sisters, and my mom look beautiful. We all got tons of compliments! Even though we did most of the hair and make-up at my home, Betsy went above and beyond by coming to the venue with me and making sure my hair and make-up looked perfect for family photos. Brides, if you are looking for a hair and make-up vendor, I can't recommend Betsy enough. She is a total professional and a lovely person as well!

Sent on 12/06/2015

Cece · Married on 11/25/2015

First of all, Betsy has a heart of gold and is a true professional. I went to her house, and she had tea, fruit, and crackers out for me, even knowing that I was in a rush. And she played awesome music! From start to finish, she made sure I was comfortable and satisfied with what she was doing. A true artist! She had me out in a flash without compromising a single stroke. I wouldn't recommend anybody else.

Sent on 01/18/2016

Sara · Married on 11/01/2015

Betsy is amazing! Truly the most beautiful version of you in a natural way. I needed a more dramatic look for my venues, and she achieved that without looking overdone. Book her now! Great pricing too!

Sent on 12/30/2015

JULIA · event on 09/02/2015

Betsy embodies a style of service that is comprehensive, unique to the individual. She accomplishes making
    you look (and feel) the most beautiful you've ever been with such ease ! She is truly one of the "greats" !

Sent on 12/01/2015

Betsy wasn't kidding when she said what she does is make you look your most best and beautiful self on your wedding day. I loved the job she did on my hair and makeup. Even more than that, when I looked in the mirror at myself with my updo and bridal makeup I still looked like me. Except for a few lip retouches I didn't need to give my makeup another thought through the night- it all stayed intact through the tears and hugs and kisses from everyone Betsy did a great job with my bridal party also and when I started to feel stressed right before the ceremony she stayed calm and always professional. Also, even before I'd booked her or had my test and up until the ceremony, she was very responsive to all my questions. I have sensitive skin and she called the manufacturers of all her products to make sure everything she uses is gluten-free. She made every interaction an effortless, pleasure. My wedding was on August 9, 2015 in Topanga, Ca.

Sent on 08/21/2015