Barren Ridge Vineyards

Fishersville, VA View map
Up to 150 guests

Up to 150 guests

Barren Ridge Vineyards is a family-owned winery located on a high ridge in Virginia's beautiful Shenandoah Valley, that is ideal for both rehearsal dinners and weddings. Our event spaces provide many options for your celebration, all featuring spectacular views and an atmosphere of rustic elegance.

The Tasting Room is a cozy, intimate room with a large stone fireplace, reclaimed wood ceiling and beams, soft lighting, and a spacious bar, perfect for a cocktail hour. The wall opposite the fireplace looks into our wine barrel room.

The Audrey Blackford Room is our spacious ballroom, located on the second floor of the winery, featuring a vaulted ceiling, access to a deck overlooking the vineyard, and seating for up to 150 guests. Like the Tasting Room, the Audrey Blackford Room has a large stone fireplace and reclaimed wood beams and rafters. Other amenities include dimmer switch lighting and convenient access to a catering kitchen, private dressing room, and four restrooms.

The Lawn is a grassy area adjacent to the vineyard, surrounded by breathtaking mountain views, perfect for a ceremony among the vines.

The Patio is easily accessible from both the Tasting Room and the Audrey Blackford Room and faces west over the vineyard, providing a gorgeous backdrop for your ceremony or reception. The Patio offers beautiful landscaping, a pergola with globe string lights, and a stone fireplace.

Barren Ridge Vineyards is convenient to Charlottesville, Harrisonburg, Staunton, and Waynesboro. Our award-winning wines, friendly and helpful staff, and stunning location are all waiting to make your celebration even more memorable.

Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue?

What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during peak season?

$2,545

What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during off-peak season?

$2,511

Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue?

What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during peak season?

$2,511

What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during off-peak season?

$2,508

Which of the following are included in starting site fee?

Bridal Suite
Chairs
Clean Up
Glassware
Lighting/Sound
Parking
Set Up
Tables

Which of the following are included in the starting price for bar service?

Bartender(s)

What is the maximum capacity of your venue?

What is the minimum number of guests required to book your venue?

How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer?

Describe your venue:

Ballroom
Barn
Campsite/Cabin
Farm/Ranch
Garden
Historic Building
Winery

What kind of settings are available?

Indoor
Uncovered Outdoor
Scenic Views

Which of the following wedding events does your venue service?

Ceremony
Reception
Bridal Shower
Engagement Party
Elopements
Rehearsal Dinner

What event services do you offer?

Bar Services
Outside Vendors
Pet Friendly
Set Up
Wifi

What catering services do you offer?

Buffet
Cocktail Reception
Dessert
Family Style
Hors d'oeuvres
Plated
Server(s)
Stations

What bar services do you provide?

Bartender(s)
Cash Bar
House Wine
Open Bar
Specialty Wine

What event items are available?

Altar/Arch
Audio Equipment
Chairs
Dance Floor
Decor
Furniture
Lighting
Tables

What food and beverage items are available?

Glassware
Linens

What transportation and access is available?

Parking
Wheelchair Access

What months are included in your peak season?

May
June
July
August
September
October

What months are included in your off-peak season?

January
February
March
April
November
December

Sarah G. Married on 09/25/2021

Gorgeous venue for a really reasonable price

Barren Ridge has spectacular wines and beautiful views, a rare gem that has wines for many palates. Their grounds are gorgeous, settled between two mountain ranges and the upstairs banquet room has a deck which takes full advantage. The vineyards could not be lovelier and the price beyond reasonable with compassionate and kind owners who really value their customers.
  • ANDRE
    Andre F. Married on 10/10/2020

Perfect place

Vicky and I were not looking for a big elaborate wedding. Instead we wanted something small and meaningful for us. I work full time and so does she so our weekends are the times that we have to go tour sites and stuff. Barren Ridge was our first stop…..and final, lol. I had spoken with Angela over the phone several times and she is great to talk to. She was very flexible with times to meet. When we went to the vineyard and actually met, we got a tour of the vineyard and a little history. The view was amazing from the cabin as the vineyard is nestled between two mountains. There is a multitude of options for pictures and backgrounds. We chose to stay here instead of looking everywhere else. The main thing was that we didn’t get a sales pitch. The whole, “this is what we have to offer, and this is what we can do” speech. We felt this was more personal. Angela should drop the “a” from the end of her name because she truly is an Angel. Her and husband Rob are great people that we will most definitely go back and see and drink wine with.

Barren Ridge Vineyards's reply:

Dear Andre!
    We truly enjoyed you and Vicky and your wedding party a lot! Great, wonderful and salt of the earth people you all are! I wish you all the best and yes, you are part of the Barren Ridge family now, our doors are wide open for you all! Thanks for sharing your day with us!
    Angela
  • Nicole
    Nicole B. Married on 04/25/2020

Look no further than BRV!

My husband and I had to reschedule our wedding three times due to COVID and were under a time crunch: an upcoming military deployment. We decided LESS THAN A MONTH BEFORE to move our wedding to Barren Ridge. This was one of the best decisions I ever made in my life. In my humble opinion, you will not find a better venue than Barren Ridge Vineyard. Not just because of the unbelievably gorgeous property, the delicious wines and beautifully spaces, but mainly because of Angela and Rob.

Let’s first talk about the gorgeous property, we got married out on the beautiful patio. All our guests were able to sit outside on comfortable patio chairs with a view of the vineyard as they watched us exchange vows. Stunning. (You can also get married out in the vineyard, but due to August heat we choose not to).

Next the delicious wine. Go to a tasting. AMAZING. Half our guests bought bottles as they left, they loved the wine that much.

Beautiful spaces. The tasting room was perfect for a grab and take cheese board (we had them individually wrapped for grab and go COVID style) and bar. The room upstairs is spacious, inviting and gorgeous. We were able to have a dinner, cut the cake and do the first dances with plenty of space to social distance. The room is understated in a way that allows the architecture and the vineyard to shine. I hate over the top venues, but this room matches the décor of a vineyard perfectly. Simple flower arrangements and you’re done! Rob and Angela had different sized tables and other décor options which made setting up the room an easy feat.

Now on to Rob and Angela. When I met them, I will be honest, I was in tears. My future husband and I were leaving for Japan for three years in September and if I didn’t pull off an August wedding, I wouldn’t be having a wedding. When I say these two LEAPT into action, I’m not kidding. They leapt! With their unbelievable amount of help we pulled together a wedding in a month. Armed with just a few sketches of seating arrangements and a small number of vendors Angela and Rob pulled off our miracle. I got the most beautiful wedding of my dreams. I also had a lot of COVID “demands” like all the tables with disposable water bottles, silverware and all food in to go containers. They helped make that work with the caterer. They allowed us to play music over the blue tooth speaker. The BRV team is amazing.

When you get married at Barren Ridge, you choose to have Barren Ridge a part of your life forever. You open Barren Ridge wine every year on your anniversary. You have your birthday parties on the patio. You bring your kids on a picnic in the vines. When our original wedding was canceled, I was devastated. Little did I know I would still have the wedding of my dreams. It was better than the dream one I imagined (even with COVID). Our wedding day was so perfect. Barren Ridge is a place I will call home and a place I will keep coming back to, year after year. We are so lucky to have gotten married here. If you choose BRV, it will be the best wedding decision you ever make (after maybe the groom lol).

(p.s. If you are planning a microwedding, Angela and Rob have been doing them since August 2020. They are experts now. Our wedding spread 0 cases of COVID and that’s in no small part to the diligence of the BRV team)
    Film: https://www.maofilmscinematic.com/films (Scroll to our film)
    Pictures: http://www.meredithsledge.com/2020/08/barren-ridge-vineyards-wedding-photographer-nikki-matt/?fbclid=IwAR15ib5yluYsgym7Bv3QjTL_7rg1WyblfZSzo3_q6YUtA31NrwwN15XVtlA

Lieb Photographic LLC Lieb Photographic LLC Wedding Photographers

I mean, have you seen the views at Barren Ridge???!!! This is the place for the couple who loves Virginia and the views that only this state can offer. Barren Ridge has a gorgeous arbor and of course, amazing wine. It's the perfect location for the classic, romantic, joyful bride!

Cakes by Cathy Stewart Cakes by Cathy Stewart Wedding Cakes

Barren Ridge is a beautiful venue with wonderful wine!

The Wishing Well, LLC The Wishing Well, LLC Wedding Planners

One of the most picturesque settings for a wedding in the Shenandoah Valley. Lovely facility and great to work with.

984 Barren Ridge Road Fishersville, VA, 22939
Location of (Barren Ridge Vineyards)

Barren Ridge Vineyards frequently asked questions

What items and services are included in the starting site fee at Barren Ridge Vineyards?

Barren Ridge Vineyards includes the following items and services for wedding events in its starting site fee:
  • Bridal Suite
  • Chairs
  • Clean Up
  • Glassware
  • Lighting/Sound
  • Parking
  • Set Up
  • Tables

At Barren Ridge Vineyards, what does the bar service starting price include?

The bar service starting price at Barren Ridge Vineyards includes:
  • Bartender(s)

What are the most important characteristics of Barren Ridge Vineyards in terms of venue type, style and location?

The space offered by Barren Ridge Vineyards for wedding events is known for:
  • Ballroom
  • Barn
  • Campsite/Cabin
  • Farm/Ranch
  • Garden
  • Historic Building
  • Winery

What kind of indoor/outdoor options are available at Barren Ridge Vineyards for wedding events?

Barren Ridge Vineyards offers the following indoor/outdoor options for weddings:
  • Indoor
  • Uncovered Outdoor
  • Scenic Views

What kind of wedding events does Barren Ridge Vineyards offer?

Barren Ridge Vineyards offers the following types of wedding events:
  • Ceremony
  • Reception
  • Bridal Shower
  • Engagement Party
  • Elopements
  • Rehearsal Dinner

What services does Barren Ridge Vineyards offer for wedding events?

Barren Ridge Vineyards offers the following services for wedding events:
  • Outside Vendors
  • Pet Friendly
  • Set Up
  • Wifi

What furniture and decorations does Barren Ridge Vineyards have available for wedding events?

Barren Ridge Vineyards offers the following furniture and decor items for weddings:
  • Altar/Arch
  • Audio Equipment
  • Chairs
  • Dance Floor
  • Decor
  • Furniture
  • Lighting
  • Tables

What percentage of users recommend Barren Ridge Vineyards and which are the most valued aspects of their wedding services?

Barren Ridge Vineyards is recommended by 100% of couples who have used their services. Their overall rating is 4.9 out of 5 with the following breakdown: 4.9 in quality of service, 4.9 in average response time, 4.9 in flexibility, 4.9 in professionalism and 4.8 in value.

Other vendors in Richmond for your wedding

Wedding Venues