B.Hive Design, wedding handbags

Falmouth, ME View map

B.Hive Design makes custom handbags and clutches for your entire party. An ideal gift for your bridesmaids and mothers in which they will be sure to use again. All bags are handmade by me in my home studio in Falmouth, Maine. I will work with you to coordinate that unique and special look for your wedding. My wedding bags have been shipped around the world and coordinating your wedding look is easily accomplished by email and mail.

Sewing for me has been a life long hobby. Over the years, I have made and donated numerous doll bed ensembles, skirts, scarves, baby blankets, handbags and totes for charity auctions as a creative outlet and a way to give back to the community. I was frequently asked where someone could buy one of my handbags. I decided to take the plunge in 2009 and what my daughter's called "Barb's bags" became B.Hive Design, a tribute to my childhood crafting with my sisters. I launched my wedding handbags in 2012.

I have collected and continue to collect fabrics from a multitude of sources and the common feature is their high quality and rich colors. Many of my silks are high-end home decorator fabrics, many of which are remnants. I have learned that I am doing what is now known as "upcycling" taking remnants and workroom "waste", and turning them into beautiful one of a kind items. All of the items I have created and listed on Etsy.com are one-of-a-kind, (except for custom bridesmaid bags). But certainly a bride could create with me a one of a kind handbag for each of her bridesmaids. The possibilities are endless!

If you are planning a destination Maine wedding, don't forget to look at my lobster clutches and totes, for additional gift ideas.

B.Hive Design recently went to the red carpet on the arm of actress/nominee Joanna Going of House of Cards at the SAG Awards 2015! I will be happy to create that red carpet look for you too!

Who do you provide services for?

Bride
Bridesmaids
Mother of the Bride
Mother of the Groom

Which of the following services do you provide?

Full Customization

Which of the following items do you offer?

Customary Attire

What is your return policy?

Final Sales
  • User2035360 2+ years ago
    I have purchased numerous cluthches and evening/day bags from B.Hive Design. The quality is exceptional but what I love most is that each design is unique. The designer has an eye for color combinations and patterns. I view her designs frequently as they are constantly changing.
  • Allie
    Allie Married on 11/10/2012
    The bags were the PERFECT accessory for me and my bridesmaids on my weddings day. The bags were high quality and I was able to customize the bags. Throughout the process Barbara was quick to respond to my emails and she helped me create a bag that went with my 'wedding vision'. I would highly reccommend b.hive design..... The bags make great bridesmaids gifts as well!

Pricing

B.Hive Design, wedding handbags Price Rates

12 Payson Road Falmouth, ME, 04105
2077815030
Location of (B.Hive Design, wedding handbags)

Other vendors in Portland for your wedding