About Art & History Museums, Maitland
The A&H’s Maitland Art Center, originally known as the Research Studio, was founded in 1937 by visionary artist and architect J. André Smith. The center was originally a winter artist’s colony, dedicated to fostering an exploratory approach to modern art.
The hundreds of original sculptural elements that adorn the structures were hand-carved by André Smith and his associates, and the center remains one of the few surviving examples of Mayan Revival architecture in the southeastern United States. The integration of sculpture and architecture makes the entire center one of André Smith’s most important artworks.
The A&H’s Maitland Art Center is, first and foremost, a National Historic Landmark (and the very first in Central Florida). Weddings began being held in the Chapel in the late 1940’s, and we’re proud to continue to offer the public a chance to share their special life moments on our historic grounds! Contact us today for more information!
Categories: Wedding Venue, Rehearsal Dinner