851 Washington St, Raleigh, NC 27605 Map · Phone number

About A Southern Soiree

A Southern Soiree is a full service event planning firm specializing in creating unique and memorable events. Beginning with your first consultation, A Southern Soiree will guide you through the entire planning process, saving you time, money, and stress. We work with you to develop the distinctive style of your event and then help you choose the best vendors to achieve the desired result, all within your budget. Whether you have the planning complete and need help with day of details or need help from the beginning to the end, we can create a planning package to fit your needs.
Follow A Southern Soiree on

Cake cutting
jennykoryslides 001

189 Reviews for A Southern Soiree

John · event on: 11/03/2013

A Southern Soiree greatly assisted with the planning and execution of my marriage PROPOSAL. I had contacted a number of wedding planners who were unwilling or unable to assist. Megan, the owner, responded to me quickly and was enthusiastic, positive, and full of great ideas. She brought in Gina to help and she had the same level of enthusiasm and positivity. They really went the "extra mile" helping me scout locations, work out logistics, and arranged wonderful music, photography and a picnic. And the cost was extremely reasonable. My (now) fiancee was thrilled and surprised and gave me (and A Southern Soiree) an "A+"!!! GUYS: If you need help putting together a special proposal, contact "A Southern Soiree".

Danielle · Married on 09/22/2018

My original glowing review is too lengthy for Wedding Wire, so here is the consolidated version - A Southern Soiree is simply the BEST! As a vendor in the area, choosing our wedding team was difficult, but we ended up choosing A Southern Soiree for planning services because it was important to us that whatever planner we chose, that they would be able to meet and manage a few different obstacles unique to us and our guests. We were confident from the time of booking through day-of execution that the Southern Soiree team would be the ones to meet our needs, and boy were we right!

Our first priority was the management of our guests and bridal party on the day-of. Gina and her team handled our large bridal party (hello 21 groomsmen!) with ease and were so helpful to all of our guests, a large majority of which were traveling from out of town. They were beyond responsive and patient with my mom's emails (which were a lot) and made her feel like an important part of the planning process even though she was planning from out of town.

Personally, as a calligrapher, I was also looking for a planning company that would help me execute my dream wedding, which is a tall order to meet - and they nailed it. Gina was so helpful with making budgeting and execution decisions about the design, which would have been much more difficult for me to make on my own. She was so professional, had so much knowledge, and had a very practical approach to her opinions which I could not speak more highly about. I never felt that she was ever pushing me to book vendors or products or make any decisions other than what would be best for me, my groom and our wedding. It was a very personal experience that I could not have accomplished without her.

From the bottom of my heart, I cannot thank the Southern Soiree team more for everything they did for our wedding. Our wedding will always be special to us, but now it will always be perfectly special because of them.

Stephanie · Married on 06/03/2018

Working with Southern Soiree, specifically with Gina, was the best wedding planning-related decision we made! I've said this so many times to friends recently engaged, but if you can find room in your wedding budget for a planner, it will be the best money you spend! And better yet, if you're looking for a planner in North Carolina, Southern Soiree is hands down the way to go! After we got engaged, we immediately began looking at venues, and after the number of phone calls, e-mails, and color-coded spreadsheets I made during the venue search, I knew I didn't have the bandwidth to plan a full wedding.

We started working with Gina immediately after we selected our venue, and I can honestly say the rest of wedding planning was completely smooth sailing! While we faced a few hiccups along the road, Gina never failed to swoop in and save the day. One example is when my mom was in town for my first wedding dress fitting. Upon arriving for our appointment, it was very clear the place was not a good fit for us and didn't have the skills necessary to alter my dress. We texted Gina, and within minutes she had another appointment scheduled with Just Sew by Renee (highly recommend!), who squeezed us into her busy Saturday and made my dress dreams come true (a few fittings later!).

Since we didn't have much time to commit to planning, we relied heavily on Gina for vendor, design,and organization recommendations. I always felt like Gina was giving us honest, practical advice when it came to making vendor or budget decisions. We said it time and time again, but the people who Gina and Southern Soiree work with are absolutely outstanding. So much of wedding planning is building relationships so you can clearly communicate what you want, and Gina made it so easy for us by connecting us to vendors who were also extraordinary people.

Planning honestly felt so stress-free with Gina on our team, which meant that we were able to fully enjoy our engagement and wedding day!

A Southern Soiree FAQ

• What is the starting price for day-of wedding coordination? $ 2,500.00
  • What is the starting price for full wedding planning? $ 8,000.00
  • Do you offer an hourly rate? No
  • What is the hourly rate? $ 150.00
  • What wedding planning services do you offer? Budget Analysis, Day-of Coordination, Event Design, Full Planning, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Vendor Referrals
  • How many planners are on your team? 5

• Cynthia Rose Photography
    Cynthia Rose Photography Wedding Photographers

Absolutely excellent to work with! A Southern Soiree is the perfect starting point for any bride putting together an amazing wedding team.

• Joe Payne Photography
    Joe Payne Photography Wedding Photographers

Meghan and her team are amazing to work with. Fun, friendly and highly professional. They have a great reputation in the area and rightly so. Every event is beautifully put together down to the last detail.

• Rev. Perry Hardison
    Rev. Perry Hardison Wedding Officiants

A Southern Soiree is among the best in the business. The team is professional, caring, and experts at what they do. As an officiant, I know when I am doing a Soiree wedding, it will go smoothly and the couple will be happy with the event.

• 851 Washington St Raleigh, NC 27605 See on map