A Southern Soiree Reviews

204 | Raleigh, NC

204 Reviews for A Southern Soiree

Kendra Newlon · Getting married on 10/02/2021

Easiest way to plan a wedding!

A Southern Soiree definitely was the reason our wedding went off without a hitch (or at least us knowing!) Elizabeth was so great and easy to work with, all of our questions were answered and then some. I never felt like a bride out of control on planning because of her! Made the process so simple and easy which truly allowed us to enjoy our day. We couldn't have done it without ya'll!

Sent on 05/04/2020
  • Denise

Denise Federer · Married on 06/05/2020

Flawless Wedding Weekend

I can not say enough about how amazing Megan and A Southern Soiree were in making my son and his wife's wedding absolutely magnificent and helping everyone who attended to have a memorable and flawless weekend. It was a destination wedding for the bride, groom, both families and all the guests. Megan coordinated a weekend of events and even our guests remarked about how warm, personable and talented she was in her craft.
    Megan provided excellent advice in guiding the choice of vendors, helping the bride and groom to realize their vision and providing support throughout the whole process. I recommend her without reservation and she will forever be a part of our "family".

Sent on 05/25/2019
  • Emily

Emily Cole · Married on 12/10/2019

Highly Recommend

Gina and the entire team was great to work with. Gina took away any stress I had during wedding planning and made the whole process way easier than I anticipated. She knew exactly what I wanted without having to tell her!

Sent on 11/12/2019

Katie Pacos · Married on 11/09/2019

Megan is marvelous!

My husband and I had the great pleasure of working with Megan to help plan our wedding this past November outside of Charlottesville, VA. From start to finish Megan was very detail oriented, timely, and so easy to get along with! We never felt pressure to make certain vendor choices however she ensured all of our decisions were informed. From late night e-mails to trips up to VA with us, she was by our side the entire way. Although this geographical area is not her usual stomping grounds, she thoroughly researched the vendors and connected us to some awesome people!
    She made us feel so relaxed the day of the wedding and I can honestly say I had zero worries. Her attention to detail and personal touches made our guests rave about their experience. My husband and I cannot say enough good things about Megan and her team - she's the bomb! Highly recommended!

Sent on 02/13/2020
  • Jennifer

Jennifer Ganley · Married on 11/02/2019

Elizabeth!

Elizabeth was the best! A bonus of booking our wedding at The Umstead, was that we also got to work with A Southern Soiree! Elizabeth went above and beyond, sharing her vast knowledge and wedding planning expertise for our recent wedding. She made sure our entire wedding planning process ran smoothly and made sure that nothing was out of place — everything looked absolutely perfect! Elizabeth continually worked with us and helped us create personalized touches, an amazing day, and truly unforgettable memories Elizabeth's attention to detail allowed us to be fully present throughout our wedding day. It was the best gift we could've asked for. We did not have to worry about one detail. Our wedding was truly the best day of our lives and we loved every minute of it!

Sent on 09/03/2020
  • Samantha

Samantha Illes · Married on 09/21/2019

Worth Every Penny...and More!

Megan and her team at A Southern Soiree are absolutely phenomenal! Megan worked with us for an entire year leading up to our wedding. She guided me and my family through the wedding planning process (which we knew very little about). She helped narrow the list of vendors with her recommendations and set up all of our meetings and interviews, which was an enormous help living out-of-state! Megan made the process much less overwhelming and she also worked to make our wedding unique and personalized for me and my husband.

We could not have imagined a more perfect wedding and we absolutely could not have done it without Megan. My parents and my husband and I were all able to truly enjoy the day because we didn't have anything to worry about! Megan was with us the whole time and guests were impressed with her professionalism, organization and friendliness!

My family will always be exceedingly grateful for Megan and her team. A Southern Soiree is worth every penny and will make any wedding day a dream come true!!

Sent on 10/21/2019

Morgan · Married on 09/01/2019

Gina is amazing

Gina literally is Superwoman! I cannot thank her enough for all her hard work and dedication to help us pull off such a perfect event, which would not have happened without her help! She was available at any hour, even the late 1 AM emails (which we did not require but she blamed on her 3 month old son!) to cheerfully answer ALL our lengthy questions, even the ones we were embarrassed to ask! Our wedding day was meticulously planned down to every last detail and executed to absolute and complete perfection. She is absolutely FABULOUS with a capital F at her job and an amazing person inside and out.

Sent on 10/18/2019
  • Taylor

Taylor · Married on 07/20/2019

Forever grateful for Gina and her team!!!

It is so hard to put into words the experience of working with Gina and the entire A Southern Soiree. I first "met" Gina while attending a friends wedding who used A Southern Soiree. I vividly remember thinking how smoothly everything went and how calm the bride was throughout the entire day and leading up to the wedding. I knew I wanted to meet with Gina when the day came for me to plan a wedding and I am forever grateful for EVERYTHING. From presenting vendor options to just her thorough knowledge of the wedding industry, what to spend money on and what to cut out to the day of trusting her with just about anything (including helping my grandmother who had a broken foot) literally anything! It was funny to hear afterwards how many times my husband said "ask Gina" the day of and we both were so grateful looking back because there is nothing that prepares you for the logistics and emotions that go into YOUR wedding. If you are contemplating hiring a wedding planner..dont. It is 1000% worth it. Thank you SO much Gina!!! xoxo

Sent on 02/10/2020

Molly Jones · Married on 06/04/2019

Megan is awesome!

The most wonderful and positive experience ever. Megan is an expert in her industry (probably one of the best in the country) and not only does she plan weddings, she also has a fantastic and informative podcast called "Weddings For Real" that every aspiring bride or anyone that is interested in weddings should listen to. She pays careful attention to every single detail, is very quick to respond to emails, and she simply will plan the best wedding ever. She caught a tiny mistake a couple of nights before the wedding and because of her attention to detail, we were able to iron out the issue with the vendor and make something work, and the addition actually added a nice, unexpected touch to our reception! I could go on and on about Megan and A Southern Soiree, but please consider going with her for your wedding planner. You won't be disappointed! :)

Sent on 05/22/2019
  • Dalton

Dalton Brower Davidson · Married on 05/18/2019

Amazing!!!!

As we are back in Oriental this weekend I couldn’t think of a better time to try and summarize how amazing Southern Soiree and Gina is to work with and how they took all my dreams and made them come to life!!

From our initial meeting Gina’s smile and calm personality instantly had Grant and I excited for the planning process and relaxed as well. She picked up immediately on where we were in the process and she was able to understand our view for the weekend even before we verbalized it. She brought us the most wonderful vendors who all felt like family and friends at the wedding and were absolute professionals.

Gina and Lindsay were absolute gifts to have during the planning process and the weekend of the wedding. They worked with our last minute requests with ease (we tend to be a little indecisive 😊), unplanned events, gave the most perfect advice throughout, Gina came to the rescue when my dress was wrinkled, and they both made the entire wedding perfect. I’ll never forget seeing Gina and Lindsay as I was about to walk down the aisle and their wonderful smiles.

Our entire wedding party, family and friends raved about them both and I cannot imagine the process without them. I miss our regular communication as they were more than planners but friends.

Sent on 07/13/2019

Jane · Married on 12/15/2018

Memories of a Lifetime xxoo

Megan and her team worked with our son and daughter-in-law in the planning of their wedding, reception, and after parties 12/14-16, 2018. I have worked with professionals in events for a very long time, and a Southern Soiree and her team from the get go had amazing vendors, great skill sets, nurturing personalities, and incredible creative budget ideas. We will definitely use them for other events and options going forward. Thank you for memories of a lifetime, Megan and team. xxoo

Sent on 01/14/2019

Kristen Edmundson · Married on 11/24/2018

Wonderful experience with Gina!

We had the pleasure of working with Gina during our wedding on 11/24. Gina was nothing short of AMAZING!!! I was skeptical if we needed a wedding planner at all when we were starting to plan our wedding. I decided to give it a go and it was the best decision we made. At one point (10 minutes before we walked down the isle), she had the entire bridal party and family gathered, while also hand sewing my dress which I accidentally ripped. She jumped in where needed and was ALWAYS 2 steps ahead of everything. She was so kind, pleasant, smart and on top of it. I really really enjoyed working with her and her team and she beyond exceeded our expectations. I would recommend Gina 10 out of 10 times!!! She is THE BEST!

Sent on 12/17/2018

Kate King · Married on 10/06/2018

The Absolute Best Wedding Planner - Hands Down!

Megan and her team at A Southern Soiree helped us plan our October 2018 wedding and I honestly can't recommend them highly enough!! Megan was such a huge asset throughout the whole planning process and her knowledge/expertise in the wedding industry is incredible! Megan recommended the most perfect venue for us (where we ended up getting married) after we had been searching for months, she found us the perfect photographer whose style was exactly what we were looking for, and she made sure every single detail of the wedding was thoughtfully planned out to perfection!! Our wedding day was absolutely flawless and there is no doubt in my mind that is entirely the result of having such an amazing wedding planner!

Sent on 12/05/2018

Taylor · Married on 09/29/2018

Gina Made our Day Perfect!

Gina with A Southern Soiree was the best decision we made for our wedding day. Words can't even begin to describe how amazing she was. She took care of every thing, big or small. We didn't have to lift a finger on our wedding day. The biggest thing we had to worry about was having fun. Even though we had a wedding planner, we still got to enjoy the planning process. Gina was always there to help us with the tough decisions and make sure we didn't forget about anything. On the day of the wedding, Gina treated us like royalty, giving us the opportunity to truly enjoy our special day. Everything started on time and Gina never missed a beat. We are so incredibly grateful to Gina and her attention to detail. She truly made our wedding day PERFECT!

Sent on 01/02/2019

Danielle · Married on 09/22/2018

My original glowing review is too lengthy for Wedding Wire, so here is the consolidated version - A Southern Soiree is simply the BEST! As a vendor in the area, choosing our wedding team was difficult, but we ended up choosing A Southern Soiree for planning services because it was important to us that whatever planner we chose, that they would be able to meet and manage a few different obstacles unique to us and our guests. We were confident from the time of booking through day-of execution that the Southern Soiree team would be the ones to meet our needs, and boy were we right!

Our first priority was the management of our guests and bridal party on the day-of. Gina and her team handled our large bridal party (hello 21 groomsmen!) with ease and were so helpful to all of our guests, a large majority of which were traveling from out of town. They were beyond responsive and patient with my mom's emails (which were a lot) and made her feel like an important part of the planning process even though she was planning from out of town.

Personally, as a calligrapher, I was also looking for a planning company that would help me execute my dream wedding, which is a tall order to meet - and they nailed it. Gina was so helpful with making budgeting and execution decisions about the design, which would have been much more difficult for me to make on my own. She was so professional, had so much knowledge, and had a very practical approach to her opinions which I could not speak more highly about. I never felt that she was ever pushing me to book vendors or products or make any decisions other than what would be best for me, my groom and our wedding. It was a very personal experience that I could not have accomplished without her.

From the bottom of my heart, I cannot thank the Southern Soiree team more for everything they did for our wedding. Our wedding will always be special to us, but now it will always be perfectly special because of them.

Sent on 10/04/2018

Stephanie · Married on 06/03/2018

Working with Southern Soiree, specifically with Gina, was the best wedding planning-related decision we made! I've said this so many times to friends recently engaged, but if you can find room in your wedding budget for a planner, it will be the best money you spend! And better yet, if you're looking for a planner in North Carolina, Southern Soiree is hands down the way to go! After we got engaged, we immediately began looking at venues, and after the number of phone calls, e-mails, and color-coded spreadsheets I made during the venue search, I knew I didn't have the bandwidth to plan a full wedding.

We started working with Gina immediately after we selected our venue, and I can honestly say the rest of wedding planning was completely smooth sailing! While we faced a few hiccups along the road, Gina never failed to swoop in and save the day. One example is when my mom was in town for my first wedding dress fitting. Upon arriving for our appointment, it was very clear the place was not a good fit for us and didn't have the skills necessary to alter my dress. We texted Gina, and within minutes she had another appointment scheduled with Just Sew by Renee (highly recommend!), who squeezed us into her busy Saturday and made my dress dreams come true (a few fittings later!).

Since we didn't have much time to commit to planning, we relied heavily on Gina for vendor, design,and organization recommendations. I always felt like Gina was giving us honest, practical advice when it came to making vendor or budget decisions. We said it time and time again, but the people who Gina and Southern Soiree work with are absolutely outstanding. So much of wedding planning is building relationships so you can clearly communicate what you want, and Gina made it so easy for us by connecting us to vendors who were also extraordinary people.

Planning honestly felt so stress-free with Gina on our team, which meant that we were able to fully enjoy our engagement and wedding day!

Sent on 09/26/2018

Tiffany · Married on 04/07/2018

We were introduced to A Southern Soiree after booking The Umstead Hotel for our wedding. Alyssa was our assigned planner and she made our dreams come true! She was extremely responsive to emails and gave us so many great recommendations. Alyssa offered ideas and made us think about things that we would have otherwise forgotten to plan. Alyssa is super sweet and talented at her job. She gives you 100% of her attention. We were so grateful for all of the work that Alyssa put into our wedding; she is detail-oriented and coordinated everything with our vendors. Alyssa made sure we stayed on schedule -- the entire day was flawless! Having a wedding planner is a must, even if it is just for the day of. We could not have asked for a better day; it was all made possible thanks to Alyssa!!

Sent on 05/21/2018

Lindsey · Married on 01/27/2018

A Southern Soiree was the best and easiest decision we made when planning our January wedding in Raleigh. Gina is AMAZING! I was planning from out of town, and Gina took a huge weight off my shoulders. She made everything so easy from picking venues and vendors to rehearsal to the actual day. I can't more highly recommend the team at A Southern Soiree for any event planning needs!

Sent on 03/04/2018
  • Jackie

Jackie · Married on 12/16/2017

Your Personal Fairy Godmother!

When I was a little girl, like many, I imagined my wedding. At 45, I got the wedding I always dreamed about and that is thanks to many vendors but most especially Gina of A Southern Soiree. I knew that Gina was the planner I wanted after stalking her on Instagram for almost a year and from her vendor recommendations that were perfect for me to developing a breathtaking tablescape (where I was clearly overwhelmed with choices) to ensuring that everything was executed flawlessly, I couldn't have asked for anything more. My guests said, "if anything went wrong, I didn't see it." "It was perfect." "Best wedding I have ever been to." Gina is amazing. She listens but she offers advice. She is so sweet but also is a little powerhouse when it comes to keeping her events on track. If I had to do it all again, Gina would be my first call. On my wedding day, Megan was also there as Gina was lining up my bridesmaids and I will never forget that she just reminded me to breathe. I needed it. From the big things to the small things, they are total pros. I cannot recommend them enough.

Sent on 06/28/2019

Lisa · Married on 09/23/2017

Megan was the absolute BEST. I had a great feeling following our first phone call and immediately knew we wanted to move forward with her. Her broad experience and close relationships with vendors, coupled with her organized, detail-oriented, and warm nature made planning a long distance wedding in 6 months as easy as you can imagine. Given our tight time frame, Megan got the ball rolling right away by getting us short-lists of the best available vendors so we could lock them in swiftly. The bands we wanted were already booked up, but Megan found us another option from a different management company, and they ended up being absolutely AMAZING. In general, I felt like she understood and picked up on our vibe very quickly, which made the planning process so seamless. The best part was that Megan never once forced a decision on us, but whenever I needed her opinion (which was frequently!), she was there to provide it with sound reasoning. I had complete faith in Megan and Gina, which gave us the ability to completely relax and enjoy ourselves on our wedding day. I also could not have been happier with how the room looked that night, from the gorgeous flowers and chairs, to the stage backdrop and lighting, it all came together perfectly. Seeing our vision come to life was a dream come true, all thanks to A Southern Soiree!

Sent on 11/13/2017

Taylor · Married on 08/12/2017

We love, love, love Gina! We chatted with several potential wedding planners and had a special feeling about Gina, and, boy, were we right. We booked Gina as a month-of coordinator (in retrospect, we wished we'd gone with the full service because she's amazing) and she went so above and beyond the month of the help us. She was always ready to answer questions and had quick responses for anything and everything. We had a change of plans the day of the wedding due to several rainy days leading up to the wedding (the ground had turned to mud) and Gina coordinated the change beautifully. If anything went wrong at our wedding, I was totally clueless. Additionally, Gina is an incredibly kind individual. She's good at her job AND she's a sweet lady. One last thing-- my sister (who isn't dating anyone right now) has already decided that she'll use Gina when she gets married-- Gina is that good! Thank you, Gina!

Sent on 08/22/2017

Karen · Married on 08/12/2017

Megan Gillikin is the best! Absolutely the best. We hired Megan to be the wedding planner for our oldest daughter’s wedding six years ago. When she became engaged, we were at a loss as to what was involved with planning a wedding. We had no vision and didn’t know where to begin. Fortunately, we met with Megan and hired her on the spot. That wedding was beyond anything we could have imagined and, as my husband says often, hiring Megan was the best decision we made and worth every penny we paid for her services.
    When our second daughter became engaged last summer, hiring Megan again was a top priority. The result was that on August 12, 2017, our daughter and her (now) husband had a wedding where every detail was taken care of and we basked in the joy of a perfect event.
    Megan takes the time to know each bride. She draws out her vision of the wedding. I appreciated that Megan told us at the start that the bride is her client. On the few instances that our daughter wanted to do things differently than I could imagine, Megan delicately advocated for the bride. At one point she told me “Trust me. I will make it work”. I trusted her completely and it did.
    I also appreciated Megan’s attention to the budget that we had planned. When we were far along in the planning process, it became evident that we would have 20% more guests than we had budgeted, however. Megan guided us through figuring out what budgeted items were most important so we were able to make adjustments without sacrifices.
    All weddings are wonderful and most are beautiful. Our daughter's wedding was both but, most importantly, it was exceptional because it was exactly the wedding she wanted. I never worried about details on the wedding day because Megan was there. She handled every detail and we were able to enjoy every moment. Interestingly, the guests gave me all the credit for planning a perfect wedding. I didn't. Megan did. Megan is the best! Absolutely the best!

Sent on 09/13/2017

Becca · Married on 08/12/2017

I cannot say enough good things about A Southern Soiree. We worked with Megan mainly with help from Gina and both of them were truly such a joy and made the whole process of planning a wedding easy, fun, and stress free. I came in with a lot of ideas about what I didn't want my wedding to be but very few clear thoughts on what I wanted the event to actually look like. Megan coached us through everything, asking questions about what we've liked about other weddings and getting a feel for who we were and what we wanted the day to be about, and she gave us the guidance we needed to make informed decisions based on those initial conversations. She also gave great advice and delicately let us know when something we suggested might not fit with what we were actually going for, which we absolutely needed and are so grateful for. She kept us on track and excited for the big day, keeping things in perspective for us throughout. She even threw in napkins with fun facts about us as a couple as a surprise, which was so thoughtful!

A Southern Soiree is a unique business that really does focus on the individual client and what will make them happy with their event, as opposed to pushing them in the direction that is the trendiest or most common. Megan and Gina took the time to get to know me and my family so that they could make sure that they gave the advice and guidance that would make our wedding truly ours.

TLDR - You can't go wrong with A Southern Soiree - they are amazing, worth every penny, and provide a personalized, fun experience to their clients.

Sent on 09/14/2017

Brianna · Married on 08/05/2017

Alyssa from A Southern Soiree made our day perfect! In the months leading up to our wedding she was always available to answer any questions I had. On our actual wedding day she helped make sure that everyone, from other vendors to the wedding party and family, was on schedule and in the right place. She even helped bustle my dress before the reception! I highly recommend using A Southern Soiree. My wedding would definitely not have run as smoothly without their help. :)

Sent on 08/16/2017

Kim · Married on 07/08/2017

Gina was exceptional - don't have enough superlatives to fully express how delighted my daughter and I were to have her as a wedding planner. She made it stress free, had outstanding suggestions whenever we needed something and went above and beyond at every occasion to make things easy for us. Because of her we had an amazing time at the wedding and when I realized I had forgotten to order the late night food - she easily and immediately handled everything from ordering to picking it up so it was seamless. She worked tirelessly and was so much fun - I can't rave enough about her and our experience with her!!

Sent on 07/10/2017