A Private Estate

PO Box 97, Germantown, NY 12526 Map · Phone number · Visit website

About A Private Estate

A Private Estate is a 19th-century mansion welcoming couples in the Albany, New York area. With a manicured property that’s a half-mile wide, this historic landmark venue overlooks the Hudson River and Catskill Mountain peaks. A modern barn sits upon the hill behind the mansion. This secluded space is just a five-minute drive from Clermont State Park, and across the river from Bristol Beach.

Facilities and Capacity
With a maximum capacity of 300 guests, couples can host their ceremonies and receptions on the intimate estate grounds. The well-groomed lawn offers ceremony space with a backdrop view of the Hudson River and Catskill Mountains. The white mansion sits on the other side, with tall windows and grand porticos supported by arched columns. The modern barn space features two levels and exposed wood rafters for a romantic country feel.

The venue offers accommodations, chairs, parking and event rentals for couples’ weddings. A fire pit and Adirondack chairs add to the coziness of A Private Estate, while indoor bathrooms and electricity ensure guests have access to modern amenities on this historic property.

Accommodations
Two structures on the property offer accommodations to couples and their guests. The Carriage House contains four bedrooms and four-and-a-half baths. Three bedrooms connect to suite bathrooms. Use the portable twin bed, a daybed and a convertible sofa to sleep additional guests. The Carriage House also includes a wood-burning fireplace, with aged firewood provide in autumn months. The second option for lodging is the new Creekside Cabin. Built in 2017, the cabin will offer lodging for up to six guests.

Follow A Private Estate on
Indor wedding setup
Indor wedding setup
Couple portrait
Couple portrait
Aphrodite, the goddess of Love gracing the north grounds. Our acre pond is on the left.
Outdoor wedding ceremony

A Private Estate 5
A Private Estate 6
A Private Estate 7

Emily · Married on 10/27/2018

I will never be able to fully put into words how special "A Private Estate" is.
    But I'll try!
    We chose the venue because it was beautiful, spacious, and mainly because we really got a great vibe from both Ripley and Jack. It was obvious from two tours that they took so much pride in what they did and expected as much from all the vendors who came on site. They recommended a wedding planner to us who was equally as amazing.
    The week of my late October, fully outdoor wedding, the weather said "nor'easter". I was absolutely devastated, in a way I never expected to be. I had no idea how the wedding was going to work... I feared early departures and disappointed (older! Floridian!) relatives. I cried all the way up to the venue, and as Jack was explaining the property to us, I started to cry again... my friends will never let me forget this! Now its funny...
    Jack didn't blink an eye. 10 minutes later he returned with firewood and two bottles of wine.
    My mom, who was also losing her mind at this point, and I walked down by the front of the house. We thought we wouldn't be able to use that part of the venue...
    Jack came over, and 30 minutes later I couldn't care less what the weather would bring. I knew that everything was going to be perfect. And it was.
    We poked around the barn as it was getting set up, asked another billion questions, and were just constantly reassured that everything would be great.
    "A Private Estate" is not a wedding factory pumping out events. It is so, so special.
    The entire weekend, the carriage house, felt so personal. My bridal party, my family, the groomsmen, all got to spend so much time together, crafting and bonding, getting ready the day of.
    The day of the wedding Jack worked so incredibly hard, in freezing rain and crazy wind, to pull off a wedding that every guest said was the best they'd ever been to. Despite the crazy, cold weather, we got to utilize every part of the venue, kept people warm, and Jack was still able to light the fire by the end of the night.
    A Private Estate is a beautiful Hudson Valley venue, but it is unique from all the others because of the care and hard work that goes into every detail. I can't imagine you'd find a venue more invested in each wedding they host than A Private Estate, or a person more compassionate and dedicated than Jack.
    This truly doesn't do the day of our wedding justice.
    Nor'easter and all, we wouldn't have changed a thing.

Sent on 12/09/2018

A Private Estate's reply:

You are so welcome. We care about every couple who books with us. We think about their wedding as if it was ours. Thank you Emily for capturing in words what we try for every wedding and hopefully achieve. Please come back and visit! All best wishes to you both as you continue your life together. Happy Holidays to you and your family. Ripley and Jack

Jen · Married on 09/29/2018

Excellent!

My husband and I recently got married at A Private Estate and our wedding day was nothing short of wonderful! Our search for the perfect venue was over the second we entered the property - from the secluded and private location, to the jaw dropping mountain views, and spacious two-story barn. Ripley (property owner) and Jack (property manager) were absolutely fabulous and extremely helpful throughout the process of planning our special day. Ripley always answered our e-mails in a timely manner and offered valuable assistance while planning. When we arrived the weekend of our wedding, Ripley and Jack were both readily available to us and helped us mitigate minor challenges, providing support and reassurance! Our guests thoroughly enjoyed the uniquely versatile space that A Private Estate has to offer and we will be forever grateful to Ripley and Jack!

Sent on 12/10/2018
    A Private Estate 8

A Private Estate's reply:

Thank you so much for your review! Its what keeps us working hard for all our couples. Jack and I hope you have a wonderful holiday season with your families. Should you find yourself nearby please come back and visit. All best wishes to you both for this upcoming year and all those to come.

A Private Estate FAQ

• Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue? Yes
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during peak season? $ 7,500.00
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during off-peak season? $ 6,000.00
  • Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue? No
  • Which of the following are included in starting site fee? Chairs, Clean Up, Parking
  • Describe your venue: Barn, Historic Building, Mansion
  • Which of the following wedding events does your venue service? Ceremony, Reception, Engagement Party
  • What event services do you offer? Accommodations, Event Rentals
  • What event items are available? Altar/Arch, Chairs
  • What months are included in your off-peak season? April, May

• YMvisuals
    YMvisuals Wedding Photographers

Private Estate is one of my favorite locations to photograph a wedding. It offers a wonderful view of the Hudson river. I love the architecture of the barn and the intimate atmosphere it creates. There are so many locations to make timeless photos and portraits of the bride and the groom. I highly recommend it.

• Jeff Loshinsky Catering
    Jeff Loshinsky Catering Wedding Caterers

What an amazing atmosphere for a wedding. We had a great experience working with Ripley and Jack, and hope to work again at a Private Estate again. A great value with all it has to offer. A well maintained and loved gem.

• Morgan Hill Sound & Productions
    Morgan Hill Sound & Productions Wedding DJs

Elegance at it's best! From the beautiful front lawn over looking the Hudson River and Catskill Mountains, to the unique barn setting with an excellent outdoor patio setting, A Private Estate is no question, a venue like no other!!! We LOVE performing at this venue and working along side their friendly staff! A+++

• PO Box 97 Germantown, New York, NY 12526 See on map