30 Reviews for A Private Estate

Covered Outdoor (3)
Wheelchair Access (3)
Chairs (1)
30 A Private Estate Reviews

The whole experience with this venue was a delight. They helped us out following another venue canceling at short notice and this worked out hugely in our favor. Ripley was a joy to work with and nothing was too much trouble for Jack and his team. The location was just perfect and has added hundreds of cherished memories to our life. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you. Highly recommended.

Profile Picture Phil, 10/28/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

A Private Estate was the perfect setting for our wedding! We cannot thank Ripley and Jack enough for how beautiful they made the space and how amazingly accommodating they were to us in every way. The venue is magical and our wedding felt like a complete fairy tale! It is so wonderful to have multiple spaces for each part of the event: ceremony, cocktails, and reception. Every part of the estate is perfectly maintained. It was also so convenient to have the carriage house on site. We turned it into the bride headquarters, which was essential.

Thank you again Ripley and Jack. We are so grateful, we made memories that we will hold dear to our hearts forever at A Private Estate. -- L + C

Profile Picture Lia & Christian, 9/16/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

A Private Estate was the perfect venue for our wedding. We wanted a great outdoor space that was beautiful, well manicured and upscale but also wanted it to feel quaint. Needless to say A Private Estate hit it out of the park. Ripley and her team were there to cover everything, answer every question, give great suggestions and overall help execute the most memorable day ever. The carriage house was the perfect accommodation for us and our family and really made us feel at home as we got ready to walk down the aisle. If I had to do it all over again I wouldn't change a thing or go with anyone venue. Highly recommended.

Profile Picture Sean, 9/9/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I could not have been happier to have our wedding with Ripley at A Private Estate. The day we first drove down her wooded drive was my favorite day in the whole wedding planning process. It was breathtaking and perfect from the first glance, and we connected with the owner, Ripley, and her groundskeeper, Jack, right away. They are amazingly kind and laid back, and make everything really clear and easy. Jack will go above and beyond to help you set up your day. But you really don't need to do much once you secure this place for your big day. It is so beautiful, it does all the work for you! The views are stunning, the grounds a beautiful to walk around. Everyone loved the swing hanging from a gorgeous old tree by the pond. And one of my favorite things was the camp fire they had on the lawn near the dance floor late at night. Family and friends could gather around it when they didn't feel like dancing, and still feel like they were part of the fun. I highly recommend using the carriage house on the property for family lodging. We did, and it was, likewise, really lovely and well kept, and so convenient for everyone staying there. I can't say enough good things about this place. Worth every penny!

Profile Picture Grace, 6/10/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor, Rehearsal Dinner Location

From the moment we first saw the venue, we knew it was where we needed to get married. From the first tour of the site with Jack to the ongoing interactions with Ripley to the bending over backwards Jack did for us on wedding weekend, everything was A++. It was incredible to have the carriage house and cabin rented as well and we highly recommend utilizing both if you're considering this venue. The setting for the ceremony by the pond and the barn/patio for the reception were perfect and was so convenient to have them in one location. Jack is the absolute best and it truly wouldn't have been as special without him there taking care of everything and making sure we didn't have anything to worry about.

Profile Picture Josh, 5/20/17, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor, Accommodations

We recently got married at A Private Estate and it was the best decision we ever made. Aside from the venue being absolutely beautiful and unique, Ripley and Jack were super knowledgeable on all things wedding and extremely accommodating. I had no idea what I was doing, Ripley recommended a caterer, wedding planner, baker and florist that turned out to all be amazing. The cottage house that was included in the package was stunning, comfortable and really romantic. It was very convenient for me and my bridesmaids to get ready and walk a few steps to the isle, believe me that is worth a lot when there are so many moving parts. We had our ceremony right on the waterfront, my guests continue to rave about the property and the mesmerizing view from the lawn. We held our reception in the barn on the property which is very elegant and spacious, we even got to enjoy a bonfire on the back patio. The best part about A Private Estate is the ability to have any type of wedding from rustic to elegant, this venue can pull anything off and is affordable. Wedding planning can be very complicated and stressful but Ripley made it seamless with her list of preferred vendors and understanding demeanor. The photos on their site and Facebook page do it no justice, give the place a visit because you cannot capture the beauty of A Private Estate in a photo. I can continue to go on and on about my experience at A Private Estate and I'm probably leaving out a million more details about how Ripley and Jack made the most important day of my life perfect. I would recommend A Private Estate to any couple wanting to have a stress free and memorable wedding. Thank you Ripley and Jack!
Chris & Joy Dominique

Profile Picture Joy, 10/29/16, 1 Review
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location

A private estate was a wonderful location to have our wedding! Aside from being beautiful, it was a pleasure working with Ripley and Jack. Jack was so accommodating and helpful, helping us to ensure anything we wanted was taken care of, and keeping the site gorgeous and constantly improving (they even added an entire flagstone patio for a dance floor between the time we selected it and had our wedding). It rained all day and Jack and his staff helped to make sure that everything still ran smoothly. Highly recommend!

Profile Picture Rebecca, 10/22/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

A Private Estate is a magical place and we are so happy we decided to get married there this past September. The ability to have the ceremony and cocktail hour by the river and the reception at the barn was truly unique and our guests loved it. The owner Ripley and the property manager Jack are very responsive and super helpful - they were there all weekend and make sure everything went smoothly. I would also recommend renting the carriage house on the property. My family rented it and it was very special to be able to spend time on the property before and after the wedding, not to mention convenient on the day of. Overall - 5 stars!!

Profile Picture Alexandra, 9/17/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

As parents of the bride we stayed in the cottage on the Estate. This was located beside the venue. The cottage was well equipped, clean and accommodated 8 adults and 4 young children. The master bedroom was a perfect room for bridal preparations on the day of the wedding.
The owner of "A Private Estate", Ripley Hathaway, and her property manger, Jack, were extremely helpful during our stay and their attention to the smallest detail was truly amazing. Ripley was changing hand towels in the bathroom during the evening.
All the sub-contractors were very efficient and pleasant to work with. The actual wedding and venue met and exceeded our expectations.

Profile Picture Jackie, 9/17/16, 1 Review
Category: Band, Beauty & Health, Catering, Ceremony Music, DJ, Dress & Attire, Entertainer, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Favors & Gifts, Flowers, Invitations, Jewelry, Lighting & Decor, Officiant, Party Supplies, Photography, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Transportation, Travel, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

I was married at A Private Estate on July 30, 2016 and I could not have been happier with our choice of venue. I live only five minutes north of the estate, yet the entire weekend I felt as if we were at some beautiful, remote location.
The grounds of the estate are extensive and meticulously maintained that no matter where on the property you choose to have the ceremony, it will be stunning. The barn on the property is a fantastic space to hold the reception; it can be as romantic or casual as you choose to make it. We fit 120 guests comfortably in the barn and on the barn’s porch for dinner, with dancing on the patio. The flow of the reception space was ideal; as it was in no way congested yet concentrated enough that no one felt as if they missed anything.
Jack, the caretaker of A Private Estate, will go above and beyond to make your day go off without a hitch. When rain unexpectedly made an appearance at our wedding, Jack was able to secure a tent for us within hours of our reception…no easy feat! Ripley and Jack are a great team, whom offer resources and make themselves accessible to you in order for your day to be as wonderful as possible.
My only complaint would be that my wedding went by all too quickly. Thank you Ripley and Jack for such a magical wedding, it was more than I had ever envisioned!

Profile Picture Melissa, 7/30/16, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Accommodations, Covered Outdoor, Indoor, Parking

A Private Estate was truly spectacular in every single way. We lucked out beyond belief to be able to get married at such a magnificent venue. Ripley treated us phenomenally and shared in our joy while also making sure everything ran smoothly. Jack also did so much all weekend and made us feel so welcomed on the property that he maintains so well. Everything about the property was magical. It is also such a good value for having the ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception feel like completely different settings even though they are all within a three minute walk. All in all, A Private Estate played a huge role in making our wedding the best weekend of our lives.

Profile Picture Alix, 6/25/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location

What a great venue and team. We had a fall wedding at A Private Estate and it was picture perfect wedding. Ripley and Jack were very accommodating and detail oriented in helping us plan our wedding. Would recommend this place to anyone who would like a barn style wedding.

Profile Picture Jason, 10/3/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My daughters wedding couldn't have gone any better - no problems, beautiful setting, everyone friendly and supportive

Profile Picture Michael, 9/26/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Covered Outdoor, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Accommodations, Parking, Wheelchair Access

We fell in love with A Private Estate the moment we drove up. It was everything we had ever talked about and more! Ripley was a pleasure to work with and was very welcoming. She introduced us to our Planner and we had a very easy wedding-planning experience over the past year.

During the few days leading up to the wedding, we stayed on the property in the Carriage House and it made the whole event even more special. Jack, the Property Manager, was fantastic to work with as well! The whole team there is awesome.

We truly lucked out weather-wise and our day was AMAZING.

Profile Picture meredith, 6/13/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

What a beautiful property! My fiance and I are aesthetically very picky, and we both fell in love with this venue right away. You can't argue with the way the lawn frames on one side the mansion house, and on the other opens up to the Hudson River and the Catskills Mountains in the background. The grounds are kept in excellent condition by a very knowledgeable and caring owner (this will become apparent if you see the contract for the venue) and groundskeeper. It was a pleasure to work with them. Ripley was very responsive, and very thorough. She helped guide us with our more or less DIY wedding. I can't speak highly enough of Jack, whom we relied on to help us set up, and take stuff down.

Our friends and family are still reminding us what a great and relaxing time they had, and how much they loved the venue. The beautiful setting made everyone relax and have a great time.

We stayed at the Carriage House for 2 nights. It is well stocked, and with 4 bedrooms, you can have your closest friends/family staying there too. It's clean and rustic.

One word of caution to those who want to party all night... This is not the place for you. In general, unless you're in a hotel/banquet/indoors space, ie sound proof, there is a mandatory loud noise shut down before 11pm.

Profile Picture User5207523, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We could not be more thrilled with our selection of A Private Estate for our wedding. It was a beautiful summer day in a gorgeous location. The front lawn and view of the Hudson was a breathtaking backdrop for our ceremony and cocktail hour. Then we danced the night away up in the barn complex. Our guests could not stop talking about what a unique and fun night it was, truly memorial. Ripley and Jack were so easy to work with and always prompt in responding to our questions and concerns.

Profile Picture Kaitlyn, 6/21/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My daughter and her husband got married at A Private Estate and I can not believe I had not met anyone that had used this breathtaking venue before. You should end your search immediately and book this absolutely captivating setting. It was wonderful to work with the extremely professional owner, Ripley Hathaway and her groundskeeper, Jack. They have the happiness and dreams of the couple in mind and could not have been more helpful and genuinely happy to participate in the couple's special day. The grounds are meticulously manicured and they were married in front of the gorgeous panoramic view of the Hudson River and the Catskill Mountains. We enjoyed our cocktail hour outdoors, in front of the Main House, and moved to the barn for dinner, where we could dance just adjacent under cover (just in case!). Even our caterer felt it was a fantastic place to work, with a full kitchen for their use and a fully cooperative hostess and logistics team (parking was a breeze thanks to the smiling staff greeting everyone!) I have absolutely no "hitches" to warn you about, nothing but wonderful things to say...even the bathrooms were meticulously maintained and lovely. BOOK IT!

Profile Picture Kelly, 6/21/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This is a beautiful venue on the Hudson River with a perfect view of the Catskills. This is not your typical venue that makes you feel like you are just another wedding party being run through the wedding mill. Immediately you feel as if this beautiful property, once owned by the Livingston family, is being shared with you and all of the guests. Although grand, the property is also unpretentious, giving you the feeling, that at least for one day, this is an extension of your home for you and your family and friends to fully enjoy. It is the exact right place to be on that day very special day.

Profile Picture User4217844, 2+ years ago, 1 Review

This is an incredible venue. Beautifully maintained property. Highly recommend

Profile Picture User3866691, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had a wonderful experience working with Ripley and her team for our wedding at A Private Estate. Everyone was genuinely invested in making our event special. It's a beautiful spot and we had a blast.

Profile Picture Elle, 9/3/17, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

My wife and I were married at a Private Estate 06/03/2017 and we had the most wonderful time at this very special wedding venue. We knew we wanted an outdoor wedding - which of course entails risks -but this site is well prepared as it includes a chef's kitchen and a fully covered barn that can seat up to 120 guests without any need for tent rentals and all the extra associated costs! The property boasts spectacular views of the Catskills across the Hudson and the abundant foliage will ensure that your wedding will look beautiful spring, summer or fall. Ripley was the fastest responding wedding vendor we encountered and was a pleasure to coordinate with throughout the process. A special mention must also be extended to Jack, the groundskeeper who was incredibly helpful to us while we were setting everything up. I'd also recommend renting the onsite carriage house which sleeps up to 12, it was very useful to have the entire bridal party onsite to make all the preparations the day before. The King-sized bed in the bridal suite was particularly comfortable.
Perhaps the most unanticipated advantage of this venue is that Ripley is constantly improving the property, when we first visited they had just put in a fire pit and from the time when we booked she had added an entire back patio to the main barn where we had our dancing, giving us more space than under the semi-covered barn that we had initially imagined! Ripley had also purchased chairs for the ceremony, saving us another cost. Furthermore, Ripley added an extra cabin for onsite accommodation which would be ideal for a groom’s party, which wasn't quite finished before we had made our arrangements but I think would have made a great addition. If I were to do it all again I would not hesitate to choose A Private Estate for a magical wedding.

Profile Picture Sam, 6/3/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Chairs, Uncovered Outdoor, Parking, Wheelchair Access

We fell in love with A Private Estate! It was beyond perfect for our wedding and our guests all were commenting on how did we find such a beautiful location! They have all your needs. The carriage house is fantastic - my family stayed there but I was jealous! The barn is perfect. The staff are all very sweet and helpful. We felt we were in good hand.

Profile Picture Elissa, 9/19/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

A Private Estate is an absolutely gorgeous venue with breathtaking views of the hudson river! For our wedding, we decided to have the cocktail hour on the front lawn overlooking the river and catskill mountains. Our guests were then transported up to the bi-level barn for dinner where there was plenty of room for mingling & dancing. The barn is beautiful with a wonderful chandelier and rustic lighting throughout. The owner is very helpful and responsive and overall it was a great value compared to other properties we looked at in the area. Our guests are still talking about what a "dreamy" venue this is!

Profile Picture User3918984, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
4.7

Book them -- Ripley Hathaway was excellent to work with, and Jack, the Maestro of the entire production, is extraordinary: there is nothing that he cannot do, and there is nothing that he will not do, to make the event exactly as you want it -- and all with a smile - he redefines competent. The Carriage House (rented for Bridal Party) is a lovely, comfortable place to stay. And of course, the grounds are magnificent. The professional chef's kitchen (a rarity) is greatly appreciated by caterers, and the Barn (for reception) is elegantly rustic and gorgeous. Couldn't ask for more (well, we could have asked for decent weather, but no one is to blame for that !).

Profile Picture Ellen, 10/22/16, 2 Reviews