Flower Girl Help
Hey everyone!! So the last time I posted on here I shared my flower girl's dress. Now it has been ordered and it came in the wrong size and the salon won't let us exchange it. My mom suggested because the dress is too small, to add a corset back instead of a zipper. Am I the only one who may think it is a risky choice??? My flower girl is only 6 and I don't want her to end up looking too old or having a dress that is too tight.... Any suggestions??

Married: 10/13/2012
Reviews: 4
Posted On: Apr 8, 2012 at 1:35 AM • Vendors are allowed • Add to My WatchlistFlag As Inappropriate1 like

10 Comments | Login or Signup to post a comment!

Married: 02/25/2012
Reviews: 8
Apr 08, 2012 at 1:59 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
Sorry that this doesn't answer your question, but if the dress was a different size than what you ordered, why won't they exchange it? Even if it was ordered in the size you told them, I'd still think they'd do a size exchange for you...

Is the dress only too tight around her chest/midsection? The corset top could relieve some of that. Is there any seam allowance that you could have it taken out? If the salon won't work with you, you might find a good seamstress in your FG's area who can take a look!

Apr 08, 2012 at 2:04 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
Well it's david's bridal and they have you sign for it when you pick it up stating no returns/exchanges whether it is their fault or not... and It's just the chest/midsection area. We have an appointment setup with the seamstress but I would like some kind of idea if there isn't room to take out.

Married: 07/14/2012
Apr 08, 2012 at 2:10 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
I got all my dresses at DB, my one BM's dress keeps coming in a complete mess every time. Well the first time it came in I signed that paper, I took the dress without even looking at it. At first they didnt want to help beacause 1) they said it was suppose to have runs in it, and 2) I signed that paper. If you make a big enough fuss they might help you out. I did and now I having dress number 3 shipped for this poor BM.

Apr 08, 2012 at 2:18 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
wow. I'm sticking my sister on the case cuz it's my niece who is the FG she may be able to get them to help. She's very abrasive lol But I'm really sorry you've had a difficult time with DB this is my first complication with them and it's super draining

Married: 02/25/2012
Reviews: 8
Apr 08, 2012 at 2:23 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
Yep...they do have a policy to do size exchanges unless the dress is impossible to find (i.e. discontinued and totally out of stock, which happens with FG dresses very frequently). If you talk to them, they will exchange it, although you might have to choose another dress. If your heart is set on that dress and they absolutely can't find it anywhere (even another store - they can ship it to you for $15), then I would take it to the seamstress, but DB should be your first option, which is also likely your least expensive!

M
Married: 10/06/2012
Apr 08, 2012 at 9:27 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
I know we're still not answering your question, but I would fight them on their dumb policy. When I went to pick up my dress, they wouldn't even let me touch it until I signed. How could I check the size or anything else?

Fawn
Married: 10/06/2012
Reviews: 2
Apr 08, 2012 at 10:26 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
I would go to a different DB if possible, if they have the size you need in the store they should exchange it for you.

I didn't know about this for the last wedding i was in and ended up with 2 ugly BM dresses (ick). What I didn't know was that the other girls had the same problem and their stores let them exchange it. The ladies at the store I went to didn't care and just said I was SOL and made me order a new one.

Also a corset shouldn't look bad on a little girl. The seamstress may even be able to let it out a bit on the sides so I think if you're stuck with that dress having it altered will work fine.
Apr 08, 2012 at 12:54 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
One way to expand the dress is to add a decorative piece to both sides of the dress seams. So take out the seams and use a satin piece with lace or something like and create a new seam. No one will ever know that that dress was not designed that way. If it has sleeves you might have to add some material to the sleeve seam also (where the seams meet) or create some little tucks around that area of the seams. You'll be able to tell if this is needed once you add the pieces. It really isn't to hard :)

Apr 08, 2012 at 1:39 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
@Artistry I never would've thought of that! Thanks

@Fawn I will go in with my sister and see what we can do. :)

Married: 07/14/2012
Apr 08, 2012 at 1:50 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Go on a busy day like saturday, no company likes a scene in front of other customers :)
Login or Signup to post a comment!

Topics

Vow of Conduct