The Wedding Accessory Superstore

The Wedding Accessory Superstore

Phoenix, AZ
602.971.3100
Is this your business? Claim this listing
• Customize your Storefront with your business info
• Network with and learn from other professionals
• Showcase your work with photos & videos
• Collect reviews from your clients and build more credibility
Quality of Service
Flexibility
irisheyes686
[Private]
2.2

I was not impressed with my experience with WAS. My bridesmaid's dress was cheaply made and not worth what I paid for it. When I asked about alterations, the staff looked confused and told me I should've scheduled an appointment. I was only informed that my dress was ready for pickup - I wasn't told I would need to schedule an alterations appointment for another time. One of the salesgirls was sweet and fairly knowledgeable; however, the other one was totally clueless and rude. The only good thing about this place is that the dresses were able to be rush ordered in time for my sister's wedding, but that's where the pros began and ended.

Services Used: Invitations

I used the Wedding Accessory Superstore for my bridesmaid dresses, they took longer than expected to come in, but luckly we ordered them super early anyways. Customer service was akways very nice and helpful.

1.0

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS WOMAN. I REPEAT, "DO NOT
DO BUSINESS WITH HER." You are treated like an angel when you dish out your hard earned cash, but when it is time to get your bridesmaid dress, Mother of the Bride Dress, or Accessory Item, you'll consider yourself lucky if you get it a week before the wedding. And if you need a dress early, and you paid for rush fees too, good luck. You won't get your stuff but around the same
time you would have if you didn't pay for a rush. She doesn't have the money to pay for your stuff, when it comes in, even though you gave her the money upfront, and will wait until the very last minute.. She will lie to you endlessly blaming the designer, her employees etc., but in the end it is because she loses so much money on her business. Save yourself the headache and frustration. It is not worth it. Evil person, with horrible ethics, though she'll be your best friend when you are dishing out the cash. Don't be fooled!

0.1

We ordered 7 bridesmaid dresses in June. They were very eager to take our orders and made sure we showed up personally to take our measurements. End on March we are still waiting for some of the dresses to arrive. Of the ones that have arrived everyone of them are way too big. When we addressed our concerns and disappointments, we were told that " we " are the ones that picked the sizes, (even though each girl was measured personally by their staff and told what size dresses to order) Also, that they hold no responsibility and will not help in any way other than to tell us that they offer alterations for an addition fee. This place is a scam and these people are crooks. I highly recommend anyone who is in need of any wedding attire to go somewhere else. It will only benefit YOU !!!

1.6

This place was horrible to deal with! They never responded to my phone calls and I had to track everything. They even told my maid of honor that she did not have to pay for her alterations after they messed up the order and then they charged her $75. I am still trying to get her money back! Their prices are good but just know there is a reason for that.

Recently Married

My bridesmaid purchased the most perfect dresses from here. I also ordered beautiful invitations through Kim. She helped me create a piece that was far better than anything I could have asked for you. Great deals, great service!

Margarita
12/13/2014
4.1

I used the Wedding Accessory Superstore for my attire, the customer service was always very nice and helpful, I got what I ordered with no delay.

Services Used: Dress & Attire

We had a fabulous experience here! Everyone was great! Kim did a wonderful job on my invites. My mom got her MOB dress here and they were super helpful! They have so many options for everything. Lots of accessories and details. We will definitely be back a few times before the wedding!

Services Used: Dress & Attire, Invitations
1.7

I visited several times and always thought I received the best service from Kim. I was very specific about my budget and she helped be prepare several options. On my 3rd visit we finally put together a package within my budget. Kim stayed in touch the entire time via email and phone. Unfortunately the day I went to pick up my invitation I was told that she forgot to charge me for a few items. The first associate was so rude to me I was in tears and had to step out. When I disputed-Kim told me she 'assumed I wouldve figured out there was a cost' - although never told me in any many communications previously. I was charged $141 over my budget. Additionally, she was specific and told me the stamps for each invite would cost me .71c. The USPS however told me she should have known the envelope size would cost extra - I was charged $2.35 per invite. I am well over $350 over my budget and have been in tears for a week. I will end up paying a total of $990 for these invite after postage :(
Kim came across as if she didnt care and once I paid wanted nothing more. At the end of the day, looking back, I wish I would have ordered online. Kim did NOTHING to compensate for her mistake, bad service and poor communication. My day will not be ruined yet my budget has been and not everyone can afford an extra $300+. What she did was unfair, bad business and a horrible thing to another person overall. Please be cautious and ensure you due your due diligence in completing any business transaction with her.

Recently Married

Kim is very personable and a lot of fun to work with. She followed through with the printer and made sure everything was exactly as we requested or what looked best.

3.5

Wedding superstore was great in terms of pricing. Dresses and invitations were very economical.. Looked through hundreds of pages of invitations and finally came to a decision using a combination of looks to create the exact invitation we wanted.

While the invitation was great, service needs some work. Wife and mothers went in multiple time very disappointed with service, as well as alterations. The alterations lady messed up 2 dresses several times and we wound up having to take them elsewhere. Avoid any alterations at the store, take them somewhere else to start with! Bridesmaids dresses also took over the 16 weeks quoted (close to 20) to get, without any communication from the store.

If you can deal with the issues and are on a budget, by all means visit...But just beware.

Recently Married

I am planning my wedding and got all my essentials except for my dress from the WAS. I had a great experience every time I went there. I would recommend anyone to go there :)

3.0

I went to the Wedding Accessory Superstore in search of bridesmaid dresses and a veil. I found both in large supply! They were all beautiful. I was very impressed with the selection of veils! In the end, I bought my bouquet and my fiance's boutonniere. I had seen a shell bouquet online, but wasn't expecting to find one anywhere else. I was ecstatic! They had so many options in their catalogues (not in the store). I was doing a destination wedding and could bring my own flowers (because of customs). We placed our order and waited...months! Nobody called to let us know the order was in or that it had been delayed. Very disappointing. When I finally called them, I was told that half the order was there but the bouquet was out of stock and they were waiting for it to come in. Again...I waited. Finally, my maid of honor called them and was told that everything was in and was ready to be picked up. A bit of a hassle. Then, when I received the bouquet one of the shells had broken off. They offered to glue it back on for me, but I declined.

Services Used: Unique Services (Other)

Kim, Shelley and the entire WAS team are great!!! From the minute I walked in to just get ideas, to ordering invitations, purchasing accessories and our tux rentals, everything was perfect! Even when we ran into slight snags with the tux sizes, they were quick to accommodate us and get the right size within a 24 hr turnaround. Thank you WAS for making my wedding planning experience so pleasant and fun! No bridezilla moments here!

Services Used: Dress & Attire, Invitations, Party Supplies
Recently Married

Well, as a true testament to The Wedding Accessory Superstore, I can tell say I worked at the store almost 6 years ago and I headed there right away to start my invites and to find my mom her mother of the bride dress knowing I would get the best service and best price. Being in the business for a few years, I was always looking at prices to see how we were stacking up to the competition and Kim will not be beat! Not only did a save almost $90 on my invites over another invite store but, I am also getting 100 free personalize cocktail napkins with my order! We had a last minute change on a few of our preprinted envelopes and Kim got right on it-She caught it early enough for us to get everything changed without a fee which was fantastic. I would recommend The WAS to any and all brides! PS-Ask for Vicki when you're dress shopping at The WAS-She's a magician! =o) Thanks Guys!

Services Used: Invitations

I absolutely love this store, the women there are so sweet and helpful, Thank you for helping me I will be bringing my bridesmaids in march and I am super excited for them to see the place. All of you girls are wonderful, thank you for helping to make my wedding go by smoothly.