The Felt Mansion

Value:
Flexibility:

Sort By:

Private User 5 Reviews
Great staff, private, gorgeous grounds.
Wedding: Recently Married
4.4/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  4.0
  • Value:  4.0
  • Flexibility:  4.0

Private User 6 Reviews
This location is incredible. I am SO happy that I chose to have my wedding and reception at the Felt. It was beautiful, elegant and unique. Everyone absolutely loved it too--it was so so perfect with our theme. Staci, the coordinator, was a great help and good about answering emails. The person on site the day of was also helpful when our caterer hadn't shown up with the linens yet.
Wedding: 1+ year ago
4.6/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  4.0
  • Professionalism:  4.0
  • Flexibility:  5.0
The Felt Estate was a beautiful location for our wedding reception. Most of the staff were helpful and responsive, however, there was some miscommunication between the staff the day of our event and our rental company regarding access to the mansion. That minor misstep aside, the Felt provided a beautiful venue for our wedding and the staff were great to work with.
Wedding: 06/30/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
This was the perfect place to have our wedding reception! The grounds were beautiful and there is so much charm and character at the Felt Mansion! The people at the Felt were wonderful to work with and very professional. You should check this place out!
Wedding: 09/18/2010
4.0/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  4.0
  • Value:  3.0
  • Flexibility:  3.0
The Felt Estate was a beautiful location for our reception. The grounds and house were well kept and we were very pleased. We were assigned an event planner to work with during the planning process, she was great. However, when we sat down to finish the details of the table arrangements we were told that another woman would be working our wedding. This became a problem because our seating arrangement and table arrangement information never got passed on the woman who was working the night of our wedding. This caused a lot of last minute headaches for everyone and we were rushing around trying to fit everyone in to a tighter space than we had arranged. For the rental cost, I think that they should allow more time for set up. Overall, we were happy with the space and how the reception turned out. All of our guests remarked on how beautiful the Felt Estate was.
Wedding: 08/23/2008
4.6/5.0
  • Flexibility:  3.0
The Felt Mansion next to the Saugatuck State Park was the perfect place for a wedding. The price may seem a little high but it is well worth the cost. The most difficult part was only having the facility for 12 hours including set up, wedding, reception, and tear down. But...with a reasonable amount of planning, it can be done! I would highly recommend The Felt Mansion.
Wedding: 08/08/2008
  • Flexibility:  5.0
The staff at the Felt Mansion were incredibly professional and easy to work with. They were a great help with finding vendors and helping to direct activities the day of the ceremony. The mansion itself has great character, speaks volumes of history, and is simply beautiful.
Wedding: 02/23/2008
3.0/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  3.0
  • Responsiveness:  3.0
  • Professionalism:  1.0
  • Value:  3.0
  • Flexibility:  5.0
The Felt Mansion is a beautiful place to have your wedding or reception. However, in my particular opinion, they were much more expensive than initially. From the time I booked my wedding there and the time that I actually got married, their rental rates had doubled...along with my price. I wasn't too happy. Also, they do not have enough rental supplies. If you ask me...if someone is going to rent a wedding "hall" they should have all the tables and chairs you need included in the price.

Also, there was no one present during the wedding...except at 12:00 after the wedding to do a "final" walkthrough to make sure nothing was broken in the mansion. But when my caterers had questions on where things were....no one was to be found.
Wedding: 06/23/2007