Sweets to You...By Ginger, Inc

Value
4.7
Flexibility
Recently Married

Sweets to You...by Ginger was the perfect choice for our wedding cake. We came in with a few ideas of what we wanted, and they were able to bring it to life. We were so happy with the design, color, and taste of our wedding cake. Our guests loved the cream cheese and fresh strawberry filling, which was a great summer surprise inside. We highly recommend Sweets to You...by Ginger!!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Sweets to You By Ginger was recommended through our catering package. We met with a consultant a couple of months out from the wedding to explain the look we wanted, as well as do a tasting. Every cake and filling that we tasted were delicious, making it a difficult decision! On the day of the wedding the cake was delivered and looked exactly like I had described. It was delicious!!!

1 person found this review helpful
Recently Married

My daughter had envisioned a very tasty tiered cake with a dinosaur theme for her wedding at a Natural History Museum. Sweets to you was the preferred bakery of the caterer we chose and we decided to go with them after tasting their delicious variations of cakes and fillings. I was a little nervous about what this cake would look like with the visions of my daughter regarding decorations and icing etc. It was absolutely perfect and as expected and so tasty that even I did not get a piece of it as it was consumed way too quickly by very pleased guests. I would recommend this bakery to anyone looking!

1 person found this review helpful
JENNIFER
05/09/2015

Our wedding cake was so delicious and fresh ! The cake looked great too ! Glad I chose them for my cake guests were pleased and so was I !!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Our wedding cake was amazing from Sweets to You by Ginger! They took the time to let us taste everything and helped us pick something that was uniquely 'us'! They also helped coordinate getting the topper and flowers onto the cake before the reception!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

My husband and I got married right after Christmas so we wanted our cake to look "wintery" but not "Christmas-y." As a result, we got a beautiful spackled buttercream cake with red roses, greens, pine cones, twigs, and burlap.

The cake itself was DELICIOUS. We had a two-tier cake: the bottom layer was pound cake with a caramel filling and the top layer was chocolate with vanilla pastry cream filling. My husband and I got tons of compliments on the cake's design and are so grateful to Sweets to You for helping make our day the best of our lives!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Their cakes are delicious and we had tons of fun at the tasting. They also allowed us to supply our own matching ribbon to match the cake to the color scheme exactly.

4.1

We've used Sweets to You for all wedding events (engagement party, bridal shower, rehearsal dinner, wedding) as well as casual cakes in between, and the quality has been outstanding for all except one. For some reason the cake for engagement party was dry, but it was so exceptional every other time we kept going back.
We sent several photos featuring different aspects we liked for our traditional wedding cake and they put it together perfectly. It was a 4-tiered square cake.
We also had a fire truck cake (we're bother firefighters), and sent them photos of the firetruck we wanted it modeled after. The only criticism we had was that it didn't have a ladder, even tho it was our ladder truck and the photo we sent had the ladder going up the side of the cake, so that was a bit disappointing. But everything else was great.

0.7

I wish I could give Sweets to you by Ginger a positive rating. Due to their lack of professionalism, lack of communication, promises broken, their unwillingness to listen and follow directions and "snarky' phone mannerisms, I cannot in good faith recommend this company to anyone. The only positive thing I can say about this company is that their cakes are delicious... sadly, there is no guarantee you will get what you asked for.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

The cake was exactly what we asked for and they worked well with our florist!

08/31/2014
3.6

Cake was good, but it did not have the design I wanted. After my wedding, I spoke with Sue, the owners daughter and she agreed to recreate my cake, take professional pics of it so that I can add it to my album. She was very nice and accommodating.

1+ year ago

Awesome cake. Awesome customer service. Tasted amazing - went in with an open mind and got everything we imagined and more!

Christi
07/19/2014
2.9

We found it very difficult to schedule our tasting at Sweets to you.. by Ginger, and once it came time for our appointment we were seen over an hour behind schedule. At this point in time, it was less than 30 minutes to closing so we were pressured to take our cake tasting to go! This experience was not at all what I was hoping for. We decided to stay and rush through our appointment, We left feeling uneasy about the experience. The day of our wedding they came through with the design we discussed and as always the cake tasted divine. While their customer service is questionable the quality of cake is out of this world.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

We wanted a cupcake wedding cake with 1-tier on top to cut and we got it! I know the location of the bakery is pretty old and it appears that way on the inside and out but they sure know how to bake. Ginger was very nice from the moment we met her and knew exactly what our vision was. A few days before the wedding, Ginger's daughter called us to confirm the order and details and said she was now handling our order because Ginger was not doing so well. Our order was exactly the way we wanted it looked so pretty and presentable! Our guests raved about the cupcakes...they were soooo good!! Thank you, thank you! We hope Ginger is doing better!

Sweets to You...By Ginger, Inc responded with the following comments:

thank you so much for the wonderful review. best wishes
susan

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Amazing cake!! Everyone loved it, and beautiful work it was exactly how I visioned it.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Absolutely beautiful cake and so delicious! Thank you!