sweet creations Cupcakes & Cakes

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

Amazing! Our wedding cake was gorgeous, but it was the custom groom's cake that absolutely blew me away. I was hesitant to even request an A-10 Warthog cake for my now husband (who is a pilot), because I couldn't imagine how it could be done. Illiana completely blew me away with the cake she designed and made, and my husband was impressed as well. Highly recommended!

Polly
07/05/2014
2.7

I had a few meetings with Illiana. We definitely had many miscommunications. The first time I went in, I had asked to try some cakes. However, she interpreted our phone conversation as a meeting to discuss the style of cake and there was no tasting. I had to return for a tasting. When I returned, for the scheduled time at her office, she did not show up. I even texted her the night before to ask her if we were meeting as she had rescheduled our meeting time once before. I waited 15 minutes before leaving. I texted her on the spot then called her twice. I finally got a hold of her on the second call. Her excuse was that there was no reception where she was at and that she had texted me but never heard a reply from me so she assumed that I was okay with rescheduling again (I never received her text - not even a late text).

Additionally, she said she would draft up a contract for me but never did. The only reason I stayed with her was because I had paid a deposit (at the first meeting), I didn't want to look for another cake person and her cake was by far the best I had tried at the wedding show I went to. She told me she would give me extra cupcakes to make up for our missed meetings and when I mentioned it at the final meeting, she said, that the batches she made naturally came with the extra cupcakes (so it sounded as if she totally forgot about being flaky and that it was already a built in precaution). I'm not sure if it was just me seeing as her reviews are very good on EventWire, or if it was busy season. Either way, she should have some accountability for being flaky.

Also, her cake was definitely not the cheapest. It was one of the more expensive ones in which I would have thought better service would be a given. She was not very open to negotiating prices either. One good thing is that she did help me make last minute adjustments to my order without a hitch. I ordered some extra cupcakes and another small cake for my fiance's birthday as well.

Recently Married

Went I meat Iliana I fell on love with cakes!
We had a 4th if July theme wedding.
She understands your vision.
She did an amazing job..

3.9

I met with Iliana at her bakery a few months prior to my wedding. The decor in her shop is very elegant and gorgeous! I knew the moment I walked in - that Sweet Creations was going to be my selection. The tasting was just wonderful - the yummy strawberry champagne was my favorite.
One snafu was regarding the number of guests initially estimated (65), verses the number of guest finalized (50). During the planning process I was quoted a price based on 65 guests. Unfortunately, the price remained the same even though the number of guest decreased.
In addition to not having a price modification, the cake provided was too small for the 50 guests. We ate the topper :(. Although we had a dessert bar, the cake was simply too small.
Finally, the cake was to be placed on a mirrored stand (as displayed in her shop). I was extremely disappointed to see a small cake sitting on a white flat-board. It was not a depiction of what was in her shop, what we discussed, or what I envisioned. I would recommend Sweet Creations. Iliana's cakes are indeed delicious. However, as a CFO I know numbers, and I did not appreciate the sudden misunderstanding of remedial math, and having an undersized cake placed on white flat-board.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

I saw Iliana at a local show. When i saw her work i fell in love with her designs, but when we tasted her cake we made our decision that she would make our wedding cake. Her consultation is unique and special. If you are looking for a special experience call iliana from sweet creations.

Recently Married
3.3

The baker was very sweet and made an amazing cake for our wedding that was delicious. However, the cake was more expensive than other options I had researched and the wrong monogram was put on our cake. I believe my event planner at the venue altered to change the monogram for the wedding. The baker lagged a little with responses through email during the wedding planning process and never responded to the wrong monogram email. Again the cake was delicious, but there were a few reasons I wasn't completely happy with the company.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

My daughter's wedding cake was a piece of art; simple yet exquisitely elegant. As pretty as it was outside, the cake was a splendid combination of chocolate, champagne and fresh strawberries. I don't know if you've ever paid close attention to a slice of cake, but these slices were beautiful; a lovely display of moist cake and yummy fillings. Iliana is a pleasure to work with. We had some ideas, she had some ideas, and from there, Iliana created a cake that was a joy to share with our wedding guests. Go for a taste test and see for yourself! You won't be disappointed!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

We found Iliana at Sweet Creations with the help of the Saguaro Buttes. They had a great package that helped us to combine our cake, flowers, and photographer very affordably. Our tasting was great. We did a cake that was part lemon and part chocolate. I'm not going to lie, I'm not really a cake person, but my husband is definitely a cake guy. After the wedding I couldn't help but mention how moist and delicious the cake was. I also received so many compliments from my family who says that they "Usually don't like wedding cake because it's dry but that they LOVED our cake." The cake was amazing, delicious, and perfect. We also appreciated that Iliana worked with our florist to make the cake decorate simple with real flowers on top.

Ilana
04/12/2014

I would give Iliana of Sweet Creations 5 stars for the tasting experience alone. I brought my fiancée and my father and step mother and we were all blown away by the presentation and of course the taste of the cakes she presented to us! Everything was so delicious that we could not agree on just one flavor so instead we picked two! (The black and white cake and then the champagne cake, both were amazing!)

For the design we wanted to keep it simple with buttercream and some sugar flowers which turned out beautifully. The cake tasted as good as it looked and we got lots of compliments from our guests on both flavors. Sweet Creations helped to make our day even more sweet!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

I could not have been happier with my experience working with Iliana of Sweet Creations. I first met Iliana at a bridal show and was really impressed with the quality of her cake. I had originally planned on meeting with multiple bakers for tastings but, after visiting with Iliana, I didn't even bother meeting with anyone else. All of her cakes are so incredibly flavorful and moist! Her almond cake blew me away! Iliana was so accomodating, my husband (the fiancee) was out of town for work during our first vists, so she allowed me to do a second tasting so that he could be a part of the experience too.

On the day of the wedding, the cake was absolutely gorgeous, and it tasted just as delicious as it did at our tastings. Our guests raved about it, and my aunt even ate 5 pieces! Iliana made this part of my wedding planning experience so easy, and I would recommend her to anyone getting married in Tucson.

1+ year ago

Iliana is the best! She was the most professional and friendly of all the vendors we tried. We did five tastings, with other cake vendors. Her cakes tasted the best, and she knows how to do a proper tasting!
Everyone loved my wedding cake, not only was it a beautiful cake but it tasted amazing. My guest raved about the cake many asked for seconds. Thank you Iliana for the beautiful and delicious cake. You are the best!!!

07/05/2013
2.0

I would not use this vendor unless you have them document everything that you say. When I originally meet with this vendor we went over what my theme was and my colors. The vendor told me her ideas for the cake and I agreed to them. She also said that the cake would look great with a monogram in red rhinestones as a cake topper. I agreed to this and she gave me the option of purchasing one myself or she could purchase one for me and include the cost in my bill. I agreed to have the vendor purchase the monogram cake topper for me since she knew what size and where to get them at. The day of my wedding my heart sank when I realized that she had not purchased the cake topper even though we agreed that she would take care of it. I immediately spoke with her on the phone and she had explained that she thought I was going to purchase the cake topper.
The other issue is that the cake was not large enough for the known amount of guests that we had and the top tier of the cake was used for the guests. I later found out that some of our guests did not even get any cake since they ran out. I guess in the end it is better that they were not able to save the top tier to freeze for our one year since it would have brought back the disappointment that I had with the cake. I do not even like to look at wedding pictures that have the cake in them since I am so disappointed with the cake situation.

1+ year ago

Iliana was Amazing! She understood what i wanted and her flavors and designs are over the top. I had a destination wedding! is very hard to work with your vendors when you are miles away, but she was great she communicated with me constantly. I highly recommend iliana from sweet creations..

1+ year ago

Iliana from sweet Creations did our wedding cake! She was amazing
she listens to your needs and wants. she pays attentions to detail.
her cakes are wonderful you can taste the freshness. My guest were very impressed with our cake flavors and design. My husband and i highly recommend Iliana from sweet Creations..

4.2

We had shopping around for Baker, might be 5-6 already, but we had not found anything that meet our expectation yet, it's too sweet, It's not creative person, it doesn't seem care and prepared and so on and on. Then, we met Illiana at I do Tucson at Saguaro Buttes and we loved the taste of the cupcake and her sweet personality, so we decided to have a meeting with her.
The meeting went so well that we didn't need any further time to think about it. She could accommodate every detail we want, so patient even thought we changed the design for almost 3-4 times. She even made our cake top that turns out wayyyyyy beyond our expectation. It was extreamly cute and perfectly matched our theme.

Not to mention the sweet table that she set up, It was cute and really become center of attention at our wedding. Once the MC announced that sweet table was opened, It's gone in 5 minutes.

We also got cupcakes to put on each table and every guests were thrilled by the cuteness and delicious taste of it. The only thing thou, we agreed that each cupcake would have filling but according to my guests, they were not getting any filling on any of the cupcake, so did I and my husband. But we never really did a complaint because that was done.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

I met Iliana at a bridal show in Tucson. I am so grateful that I chose to attend this show, otherwise we never would have had such an amazing cake for our wedding! Iliana was a joy to work with.... She was very professional and very intuitive. She understood that our goal was to have a gorgeous cake that tasted great, on a budget. Our cake was an absolute SHOW STOPPER!! Not only did it taste amazing, but it looked like a cake right out of a couture magazine! It was everything we had envisioned and more! This cake by far exceeded any expectations that we had.... It was beautiful beyond words!!! Our friends and family were equally as impressed with our cake. Iliana has an amazing talent, and an amazing personality to boot. We will definitely be life long clients and look forward to the next time we can order another cake for one of our family events/occasions!! We are so grateful to Iliana for helping us make our vision a reality! Thank you, Iliana for your amazing talent and expertise!!