sweet creations Cupcakes & Cakes

Value
Flexibility
4.7
Recently Married

I just got married at the Conquistador!! I am not a cake person and i wanted a candy table and a popcorn bar. They recommended Sweet Creations. I was very pleased with Iliana's work.
she is great at her job, she helps you all the way. I got many complements on the day of my wedding.
If you want great quality and unique product Sweet Creations is your baker..

Recently Married

Sweet Creations is a Preferred Vendor. My experience was amazing..
Iliana is sweet and understanding, she knows how to listen and works with your budget.
she communicated with me all the changes and details all the time. Its really hard when you are out of town and trying to plan a wedding. I highly recommend Iliana form sweet creations.
My cake was Amazing and tested better than it looked.

Recently Married

We got our cake from Sweet Creations. We were very happy with our cake and most of all
with our cake flavors. We had other tastings and by far Iliana was the best.

2.2

I recently got married April 2015. I used Iliana at Sweet Creations for my cake since my venue had recommended her. The first time I attempted to get a hold of her, I had to leave a message. She then called me back 3 times and left various messages. She sounded very unorganized from the beginning... For the cake tasting my now husband was not able to make it, but I went anyways and she let me try one of the flavors I requested. It was very good, however I wanted an official tasting with more flavors and for my husband to attend. About a few weeks close to a month later, I emailed and called, and received no response. Multiple times of trying to contact her with NO response, I gave up. At my food tasting for my venue I ran into her there. She acted like she didn't even know me. When she finally remembered, she came up and made an appointment with me. At the SECOND tasting, she brought the WRONG cake that I had requested. At this point I just completely gave up. If i hadn't already placed a down payment, I would have backed out of having her do my wedding cake. I was so nervous that she was going to do my cake wrong with the wrong flavors or design. She was very nice but COMEPLETELY unorganized. Very hard to get a hold of. I think maybe she overloads herself with work or something but that's no excuse. I would NOT recommend her. I will admit that on the day of the wedding the cake looked beautiful, and tasted great. We received many compliments. She is great at what she does as far as making cakes, but she has no customer service qualities what so ever, and this is what kills it. I don't think it's worth the pain having her. Being a bride is stressful enough as it is, and this just added much more un-necessary stress.

Jenny
03/28/2015

The cake turned out delicious and beautiful. My only concerns were that Iliana was hard to get ahold of and also my contract with the vendor said simple decorations were included so I'm not sure why I was charged $100 on a little ribbons and some rhinestone. This was the simplest cake I have ever seen, but delicious and beautiful.

1.3

This baker was the only one available in a package I purchased from a venue recently. As we live out of town, we had to drive over an hour to meet with our vendors. After this particular one missed the first meeting, we finally met with her to design our cake. We wanted ribbon around the base, black polka dots, and no flowers. We set up a time for the following week for a tasting, and then the night before she changed the time to an hour and a half earlier, forcing us to reschedule our entire day. When we finally showed up to the tasting, instead of the five flavors we had been promised, there was only ONE. We didn't pick the cake we had because it was the best but because it was literally the only option we were presented, before being ushered out of the tiny cake shop. Regardless I was determined to like it because it was a flavor I liked and I knew it would be pretty. To my horror on my wedding day, the cake was COMPLETELY wrong. There was no ribbon around the base, the dots were white and thus barely visible, and there was a giant red flower on the top.
I would urge all brides to go elsewhere to avoid any extra stress on your special day.

Recently Married

I got married at Saguaro Buttes and they recommended Sweet Creations.
Iliana did an amazing job. She understood my vision. The Cake design that i originally wanted was
not in my budget. My fiancé and i decided to go with a deferent design.
When we got to the Venue i cried! Iliana did the cake design that was out of my price range as a
surprise. I don't know many bakers that would do that for their brides. She is Amazing..

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Amazing! Our wedding cake was gorgeous, but it was the custom groom's cake that absolutely blew me away. I was hesitant to even request an A-10 Warthog cake for my now husband (who is a pilot), because I couldn't imagine how it could be done. Illiana completely blew me away with the cake she designed and made, and my husband was impressed as well. Highly recommended!

Polly
07/05/2014
2.7

I had a few meetings with Illiana. We definitely had many miscommunications. The first time I went in, I had asked to try some cakes. However, she interpreted our phone conversation as a meeting to discuss the style of cake and there was no tasting. I had to return for a tasting. When I returned, for the scheduled time at her office, she did not show up. I even texted her the night before to ask her if we were meeting as she had rescheduled our meeting time once before. I waited 15 minutes before leaving. I texted her on the spot then called her twice. I finally got a hold of her on the second call. Her excuse was that there was no reception where she was at and that she had texted me but never heard a reply from me so she assumed that I was okay with rescheduling again (I never received her text - not even a late text).

Additionally, she said she would draft up a contract for me but never did. The only reason I stayed with her was because I had paid a deposit (at the first meeting), I didn't want to look for another cake person and her cake was by far the best I had tried at the wedding show I went to. She told me she would give me extra cupcakes to make up for our missed meetings and when I mentioned it at the final meeting, she said, that the batches she made naturally came with the extra cupcakes (so it sounded as if she totally forgot about being flaky and that it was already a built in precaution). I'm not sure if it was just me seeing as her reviews are very good on EventWire, or if it was busy season. Either way, she should have some accountability for being flaky.

Also, her cake was definitely not the cheapest. It was one of the more expensive ones in which I would have thought better service would be a given. She was not very open to negotiating prices either. One good thing is that she did help me make last minute adjustments to my order without a hitch. I ordered some extra cupcakes and another small cake for my fiance's birthday as well.

1+ year ago

Went I meat Iliana I fell on love with cakes!
We had a 4th if July theme wedding.
She understands your vision.
She did an amazing job..

3.9

I met with Iliana at her bakery a few months prior to my wedding. The decor in her shop is very elegant and gorgeous! I knew the moment I walked in - that Sweet Creations was going to be my selection. The tasting was just wonderful - the yummy strawberry champagne was my favorite.
One snafu was regarding the number of guests initially estimated (65), verses the number of guest finalized (50). During the planning process I was quoted a price based on 65 guests. Unfortunately, the price remained the same even though the number of guest decreased.
In addition to not having a price modification, the cake provided was too small for the 50 guests. We ate the topper :(. Although we had a dessert bar, the cake was simply too small.
Finally, the cake was to be placed on a mirrored stand (as displayed in her shop). I was extremely disappointed to see a small cake sitting on a white flat-board. It was not a depiction of what was in her shop, what we discussed, or what I envisioned. I would recommend Sweet Creations. Iliana's cakes are indeed delicious. However, as a CFO I know numbers, and I did not appreciate the sudden misunderstanding of remedial math, and having an undersized cake placed on white flat-board.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

I saw Iliana at a local show. When i saw her work i fell in love with her designs, but when we tasted her cake we made our decision that she would make our wedding cake. Her consultation is unique and special. If you are looking for a special experience call iliana from sweet creations.

1+ year ago
3.3

The baker was very sweet and made an amazing cake for our wedding that was delicious. However, the cake was more expensive than other options I had researched and the wrong monogram was put on our cake. I believe my event planner at the venue altered to change the monogram for the wedding. The baker lagged a little with responses through email during the wedding planning process and never responded to the wrong monogram email. Again the cake was delicious, but there were a few reasons I wasn't completely happy with the company.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

My daughter's wedding cake was a piece of art; simple yet exquisitely elegant. As pretty as it was outside, the cake was a splendid combination of chocolate, champagne and fresh strawberries. I don't know if you've ever paid close attention to a slice of cake, but these slices were beautiful; a lovely display of moist cake and yummy fillings. Iliana is a pleasure to work with. We had some ideas, she had some ideas, and from there, Iliana created a cake that was a joy to share with our wedding guests. Go for a taste test and see for yourself! You won't be disappointed!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

We found Iliana at Sweet Creations with the help of the Saguaro Buttes. They had a great package that helped us to combine our cake, flowers, and photographer very affordably. Our tasting was great. We did a cake that was part lemon and part chocolate. I'm not going to lie, I'm not really a cake person, but my husband is definitely a cake guy. After the wedding I couldn't help but mention how moist and delicious the cake was. I also received so many compliments from my family who says that they "Usually don't like wedding cake because it's dry but that they LOVED our cake." The cake was amazing, delicious, and perfect. We also appreciated that Iliana worked with our florist to make the cake decorate simple with real flowers on top.

Ilana
04/12/2014

I would give Iliana of Sweet Creations 5 stars for the tasting experience alone. I brought my fiancée and my father and step mother and we were all blown away by the presentation and of course the taste of the cakes she presented to us! Everything was so delicious that we could not agree on just one flavor so instead we picked two! (The black and white cake and then the champagne cake, both were amazing!)

For the design we wanted to keep it simple with buttercream and some sugar flowers which turned out beautifully. The cake tasted as good as it looked and we got lots of compliments from our guests on both flavors. Sweet Creations helped to make our day even more sweet!