Riley Photographic

Riley Photographic

life captured.

Serving New England, Central America and the Carribean, ME | map
Style: Contemporary, Photojournalism
Packages: Albums, Custom Graphic Design, Digital Files, High R...
Liability Insurance: Yes
Value:
(4.9 / 5.0)
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The most upbeat and fun photographer! Everyone felt comfortable with the camera really fast due to his well rounded personality!

• Wedding: Recently Married
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Chris was amazing throughout the whole process and we're so glad we picked him for our wedding! It rained something like 2 inches in an hour the day of our wedding and he still got GREAT shots. He remembered or figured out all the things I forgot to tell him about and I never felt like I had to worry about anything at all. He made our day sooo much easier, and we have amazing photos too!

• Wedding: Recently Married
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Chris was a fantastic addition to our special day. He was very laid back and flexible as we made plans, even meeting with us in person while his family was in town for a visit. He had a great attitude and was willing to work with us to get exactly what we wanted vs. a "canned" package. On the day itself Chris was fast, flexible, and funny. Most importantly we didn't even know he was there - other photographers seemed to be more interested in showcasing themselves at the event, but Chris was everywhere without being in the way or really even being seen. He got great shots of every important moment and helped everyone relax with his naturally calm and funny personality. We were very pleased with Chris' work, and we look forward to working with him again in the future.

• Wedding: 10/05/2013
James and Lauri
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We highly reccommend Riley Photographic to anyone looking for a fun, professional vendor! They made our wedding process and day go so smoothly, and as a bride that is exactly what I was looking for. I look forward to working with them in the future for other events!

• Wedding: 09/14/2013
Deana
1 Review
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Chris and Chris were great throughout the whole day. They were with us from start to finish and I can't wait to see the finished product. We were very happy with everything and knew after we received our engagement shots that our wedding shots would be fantastic. Chris R was able to come with me to the salon and then to my parents house to take some shots getting ready while Chris L went with my husband and his groomsmen. They really had some neat ideas for photos. I loved that they both were so laid back - yet professional, which was definitely what I was looking for in a photographer. Thanks so much for making my day so special and capturing every moment!

• Wedding: 07/21/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My husband and I really enjoyed working with Chris Riley. He was very friendly and professional. He captured our day perfectly and we can’t thank him enough. His pictures are beautiful and I would recommend him to anyone. Everyone that has seen his picture has been very impressed. Thanks again Chris you went above and beyond what we expected!

• Wedding: 09/24/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We were lucky enough to have Chris Riley as our photographer. Our group is a fun-loving (sometimes inappropriate) type of crowd and Chris fit right in like he had always known us. I can't say enough that would do him justice. He made the hour of requisite photo-taking fun and it flew right by. He honored our schedule to the minute, and made everything go smoothly. And most importantly, the photos (which we received in a timely manner) are absolutely stunning! Friend and family are still raving about them! I would positively, without a doubt, recommend Riley Photographic.

• Wedding: 09/10/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I kind of lucked into finding Riley Photographic. We went to look at the venue that I already had my heart set on and while we were flipping through some of the promotional albums my (now) husband kept commenting on one particular one. Since he wasn't interested in too many of the details, I took notice of his interest and decided to track this photographer down. Lucky for me, I realized shortly after meeting Chris that my husband had picked out the perfect photographer.
We had an amazing time working with Chris for our wedding. Starting with the engagement photo shoot and ending with pictures out on the dance floor, he knew exactly what we were looking and captured it all. He has a unique point of view, but knows how to balance photojournalism with traditional wedding photography so that we ended up with a well-rounded collection of photos of our wedding day. My husband and I really enjoyed working with Chris and he was very easy to get along with. He was at ease with all of the strong personalities in our families and made the photos a lot less stressful. Friends and family all raved about how nice he was to work with, and my sister (who isn't engaged) is already hoping to book him for her wedding.
My husband and I aren't exactly naturals in front of the camera, but Chris made it all come together so beautifully. We cannot believe how wonderful all of the pictures look!
Not only was Chris an amazing photographer, but he also went above and beyond the call of duty. He was on top of all the things that needed to be done for the day, from making sure to get the flowers up to the room to making sure that the guys were on schedule to opening the champagne for us in the limo. My husband and I joked that he was like a wedding "multi-tool".
Hiring Riley Photographic is by far one of the best decisions we made during our wedding planning.

• Wedding: 09/09/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I’ve know Chris Riley for over 20 years and through the years he has always shown an extreme amount of professionalism and commitment in everything he has done. When I proposed to my fiancée I knew that my next call would be to Riley. It was awesome to have a close buddy to count on but also fantastic to watch him in action as photography truly is his Passion. He arrived at our Rehearsal and met my fiancée and the families and immediately jumped in to help us fine tune the wedding ceremony to allow him to capture the best shots. His interest in people, creativity, attention to detail, and experience made both my wife and I confident that he was going to capture our day. I hired him knowing that we could count on him 100% and he not only proved that to us but our families and all our wedding guests.
Shortly after the wedding he surprised us with an amazing montage of video and stills to ‘Our” song - It’s priceless! All our family and friends have easily viewed our pictures on his website and just cannot believe how awesome they are! Thank you My Friend – you are the BEST!

• Wedding: 08/20/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I did a lot of research on photographers when choosing Riley Photographic, but honestly I think I just got lucky in the end. Riley Photographic was in the middle of the price range of photographers I found in the area, but I think every penny was worth it. We had Chris Riley for our photographer and we really felt comfortable with him. Chris knew exactly how to "direct" us so that the poses looked natural and we looked like ourselves. Chris was very laid back and quick to adapt to different situations. All of our family and friends commented on how friendly Chris was throughout the reception. He also photographed our traditional Korean ceremony which we performed the night before the wedding. We will truly treasure the images that Chris captured for years to come.

This is exactly what you are looking for in a photographer.

• Wedding: 2+ years ago
  • Flexibility: 5.0

WOW WOW WOW! If you are looking for a photographer STOP here! Because you have found them. Riley Photographic is the top of the line. We worked with Chris and he is amazing. My husband does not like taking a pictures, which can be a problem when posing for professional lasting wedding photos. Chris made this so easy for us. He was efficient and super helpful in getting the shots we wanted to remember the day. He is so talented and has quite the eye in capturing the mood and feeling in a room full of family and friends. Upon seeing a few sneak peeks, EVERYONE in our wedding party, our family and basically everyone at the wedding was in tears...yet again! Our wedding was filled with 142 extremely close friends and family, each one was utterly speechless when seeing his talent. Everytime I look at the photos, I am immediately right in the moment of our wedding, which is the point right?!! Thank you again so much for sharing your talent with us and capturing our very special wedding day! Much thanks and even more reccommendations to all brides and anyone else in need of an amazing photographer! You Rock!

-Angela, Chris and the entire 4/16/11 wedding party

Riley Photographic responded with the following comments:

blushing.....

• Wedding: 2+ years ago
  • Flexibility: 5.0

It was the gorgeous pictures on their website that drew me to them. The second thing was, I was able to start chatting with Chris right there on the site through Instant Message, VERY convenient!

Once we met with Chris from Riley Photographic, it was NO contest to who we were gonna pick. Chris has an ability to be in tune with the chemistry of the couple and works with it. He understood my husband and I after our first meeting together, made a strong connection with us and he made magic happen with that.

We met photographers that were just a joke, and other that were far too pricy. With Riley Photographic you get the same quality as the "expensive" photographers, actually better in my opinion.

in addition to the great pricing, gorgeous work, you get creativity that made for unbelievable shots in my wedding album, and we got an AMAZING personality to work with. My entire wedding party AND family, each individually came up to me over the past few months after my wedding and commented on how good we did on picking Chris/Riley Photographic.

They are exceptionally professional, and yet fun and easy going when you need them to be. It didn't matter how nervous I was (I hate having pictures taken of me), they really make you feel at ease and like you're just hanging out, only difference is you look AMAZING with hair and make-up done, and you'll see that ease in every picture.

He was very discreet at the wedding, you never knew he was even taking pictures, unless of course he was dancing on the dance floor and having a good time :)

The proofs were outstanding, the album is the most beautiful album I have seen. You are part of the process of the process every step of the way. There wasn't a single detail on my album that wasn't ok'd by me first. They are a joy to work with, the products were 100% satisfying and beyond anything I expected. The quality is fantastic. Out of all the wedding I went to this year, we had our pictures and products back the fastest.

I am utterly proud to say they were my photographer, and wouldn't have been happy with anyone else. Everything just fit perfectly. This is a photographer that will go above and beyond for their customers, and they many many time for us.

They have a customer for life with us :)

• Wedding: 07/03/2010
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Chris from Riley Photographics was amazing to work with!! He was a pleasure to work with before, the day of and after the wedding. On our wedding day he was very professional and fun! We barely saw him, but somehow he captured every moment of our day! Chris went the extra mile for us, as I am sure he does for all of his clients. His passion for photography is evident. You are sure to truly love his work as well as working with him. We couldn't be happier with our photos and intend to work again with Chris in the future, as we are expecting our first child in September!

• Wedding: 03/20/2010
  • Flexibility: 5.0

This is an easy review to write. We hired Chris Riley for our wedding photographer. Wow! We are so happy we made that choice! From the beginning Chris was amazing. We had to plan our wedding from Arizona, so it was slightly challenging choosing our vendors being all the way across the country. He made it easy though. We saw his work online and we were so impressed. His prices are also very reasonable considering his quality of work is so good! Not only is he very talented, but incredible nice and so pleasant to work with. He listened to every request that we had, wanted to get to know us, and what was specifically important to us on our wedding day. We were slightly challenged with time on the wedding day, but Chris was professional, calm and got it all done. My guests and wedding party really enjoyed having him as our photographer as well. He was especially great with the kids. My flower girl like him so much, that she wanted to invite him to her 4th birthday party. That was cute. We couldn't be happier!! He captured so many special moments, and he just "gets it". How he connects with his clients is awesome. We would highly recommend him for a wedding day, or for any other type of project. Thanks Chris! You gave us a gift that will last a lifetime!!!

• Wedding: 10/02/2009
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My husband and I hired Chris as the photographer for our wedding and could not be happier with this decision. The pictures and album are absolutely beautiful! Chris took the time to get to know us, our style, and what we wanted for our wedding. He was always responsive to our questions and requests, made helpful and insightful suggestions and was also an absolute blast to work with! My friends and family are still cmmenting on how much fun he was at the wedding! When our timeline for the day was slightly delayed he stayed longer than we contracted for to ensure he captured all of the important moments of the day without us even asking. We planned our wedding long distance but I never felt as if it was a challenge when working with Chris at all! I would highly recommend him not only for the beautiful pictures, but all the professionalism and just the fact that he is a blast to have at your wedding too!! :-)

• Wedding: 09/12/2009
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I highly recommend Riley Photographic! Chris was so great and easy to work with and captured every moment of our day more beautifully than I could have imagined!

• Wedding: 06/13/2009
207-232-7174
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards