Priscilla of Boston

Priscilla of Boston

Favorite
Tysons Corner, VA
The owner has indicated they are no longer in business.

Quality of Service
Responsiveness
Professionalism
4.2
Value
Flexibility
3.6

We had a very so-so experience with Priscilla. Our original consultant Irma was awesome and she was there helping me the day I found the dress I wanted. She wasn't pushy at all, very honest and very very helpful. Unfortunately Irma left shortly after I ordered my dress and things kind of went downhill after that. I was assigned another consultant who I don't think I ever saw but was lucky enough to start working with Kyvette who helped me through buying the bridesmaid dresses and getting my veil etc. I think Kyvette was probably the only person working there that had any clue as to what was going on. Priscilla can definitely have a very snobby attitude and from what we could tell seems to be a little disorganized. About 2 weeks before my wedding when I was supposed to have my second and final fitting they called to tell me that the dress hadn't been altered yet due to a bunch of seamstresses personal issues. They were able to get my dress altered in time and everything fit perfectly (mind you I had very simple alterations) but just the last minute cancellation and not knowing when the dress would be altered kind of stressed me out. We also asked them to press my bridesmaids dresses since I had purchased them there (and for the price I figured it was the least they could do) well they told us they pressed them except the dresses were just as wrinklely as when we took them in so we ended up having to take them elsewhere. All in all, I would say my experince was so-so. They do have beautiful dresses and the seamstresses know what they are doing so in the end that's really the most important. If you do go to Priscilla make sure to ask for Kyvette because she was a pleasure to work with and is on the ball!

Services Used: Dress & Attire

Even thought they are closed now I could not have been happier with my dress.

BellaBrideRo
2+ years ago

I got my dress from PoB before they closed and I can't express how disappointed I am that they are no longer in business. They were really helpful in getting me my dress and helping me find someone to do alterations. The bridal world is missing a fantastic designer!!

Anonymous
3.4

I bought my dress when Priscilla of Boston was going out of business, so it was like going to a sample sale. That said, I don't know what to say about anything except for the value.
All I know is that I found the perfect dress on the first day that I went shopping! It was a pre-production sample and it fit me absolutely perfectly. It was worth a few thousand, and I got it for much less than that. And looking at wedding pictures, I can assure you that it looks absolutely stunning.

Services Used: Dress & Attire

They were the best. Beautiful dresses and the best consultants in MIA, unfortunately they closed. :-(

Julia
11/19/2011

I can't believe that this place was closing! Even until the very end, They still offered great customer service. I came in for alterations about a month before my wedding and they gave me the contact information to their head seamstress. They also had some really great deals for the samples that they had left. I got a gown form $25 and my flower girl dress was gorgeous and only about $50!

Services Used: Dress & Attire

The staff at Priscilla were amazing! My dress came out perfectly. It was everything I had imagined!

2.9

I have so so reviews since I used 3 different salons. The salon I bought my dress from was ok. The salon I picked my dress up from in Orlando was a mess. They kept me waiting 45 mins to try it on. I wanted the bustle higher but the seamstress convinced me it was fine. The whole wedding I was picking my dress up. If I had the correct bustle it would have been fine. The stores are closing anyway but I loved my dress even though most of the people working there are slightly snobbish.

4.2

loved their dresses and great service!

Private User
2+ years ago

I am still absolutely in love with my dress!!!!

I went looking for wedding dresses with a completely different style of dress in mind. Ayana Sanchez indulged me and brought the dresses I asked for, and then one more. It was THE dress; Jewel JL 302

When I saw it, i was definitely skeptical. It was pretty, but it wasn't what I thought I came for. I was wrong; the woman knows her job. It was the prefect dress.

The day of my wedding, I felt beautiful. Everyone loved the dress.

2.7

I first of all have to say I loove my dress. I unfortunately did not have a great experience at the store in NJ. I did get my dress and I loved it and received so many compliments on it... but the service was not good.

Services Used: Dress & Attire

I LOVED my wedding dress and got it through a sample sale. The dress felt brand new, and I got it at an incredible value.

I did, however, run into a few frustrations towards the end of the fitting process due to Priscilla closing their doors. As many may know, they are discontinuing their services and I found I ran into a few speed bumps because of it.

My bridesmaids were unable to receive alteration services and had to go elsewhere. It all worked out, I just wished they would have been able to have the connivence of working directly with Priscilla of Boston staff.

1.2

I'm not surprised that Priscilla of Boston is going out of business, given the way I was treated at the Boyleston Street salon. I won't go on and on about it- they were just unprofessional, rude, and clearly did NOT care about me once they had their deposit. It took forever to get a hold of someone on the phone, and they give you even less attention in the store. However, I was very happy with my dress- their alterations team is clearly fantastic and will continue to do well at other salons that value their clients' business. The fit was perfect, and I could not have been happier with my dress. I only wish the Priscilla name, and level of customer service and professionalism matched the quality of the alterations and the selection of beautiful dresses!

3.3

I love the dresses that I picked out from Priscilla's for my bridesmaids, but the service was deplorable. For such a well known place, I was shocked at how poorly their Boston store was run. Several calls were made with no call backs as well as several emails that were responded to only after weeks had passed. It's not that they were rude when they did communicate, it's just that they failed to communicate at all 90% of the time. Would not recommend.

Services Used: Dress & Attire

I found my wedding dress and Priscilla of Boston and couldn't be more please with the quality of the dress, but the quality of the seamstress and all the people who worked at the Oak Brook location. My dress couldn't have fit any better. I found my veil and purse there as well. The POB employees went above and beyond to help us with every detail. It was a pleasure to work with them.

Services Used: Dress & Attire

Priscilla of boston offers a wedding dress quality that no one else in az has. I tried on several dresses at other bridal stores and nothing compares to the quality, look, and experience that Priscilla of boston provides. I felt so welcomed and genuinely cared about here. I received the dress of my dreams and everyone here including the manager was involved and happy for me. It was a perfect experience that went along with the perfect dress.